XFX 6600GT problem with HL2/CS:S

C

CE Valk

Hi, I just recieved my new card this afternoon(XFX 6600GTAGP),
I doubt I went through all the right procedures to uninstall old card(Geforce 4 TI 4200by Xtasy-fine card but fan was shot) but thought it would work,anyway HL2 is causing me some trouble. It starts and loads right up to when I have to move or shoot(same thing happens in cs:s,havent tried anything else through steam)then my PC litterly shuts down and I have to hit my reset button and it reboots and everything is fine. Mind you the PC is functioning fine otherwise for surfing and all the other games I've tried Q3A,COD and BF 1942 will go try some more soon. But I have no idea why HL and Cs:s dont run after the loading times are over.

I have ran the dxdiag test in windows XPh and it passed them all

Amd 2800 Barton
Asus A7N8X-e Deluxe with fresh bios and drivers Antec sonota case 380 Watts
512 Crucial pc 3200 ram
I have all new drivers and wasnt having any trouble with my HL2 program before installing my XFX 6600GT

Thanks in advance

THANK GOD. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. EXACT SAME VIDEO CARD. XFX 6600 GT. Its HL2 and CS:S, don't mess around with your settings.

If anyone has any solution we're dying to find out.

Im getting that card at the boxing day sales today.

I don't understand it... whats the problem here. I even reformatted my computer, still, SAME problem as the starter of this thread.

Back