Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!

DannyC.

Reaction score
I remember that pc building thread of mine having well over 1000 views, so I'm sure many of you are aware that I was building a computer (well, probably from my sig, as well). Now it's almost finished! I've just got a little bit of wiring to do, then I can get it up and running so I can install all the drivers and such. I hope to have it up tonight! Thanks again, everybody who gave input when I was choosing the parts!

:hmph: :( :angel: ;) :sniper: :p :angry: :p :frog: :thumbs: :farmer: :E :eek: :upstare: :eek: :stare: :dozey: :smoking: :dork: :bonce: :imu: :D :sleep: ;( :) :frown: :| :borg: :cat: :cool: :LOL: :devil: :monkee: :afro: :naughty: :flame: :burp: :x :rolleyes: :cheers: :rolling: :bounce: :O :cheese:

:bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce:

Dude, you made the thread last September, you're just now finishing it?

He just got the parts a few days ago. I'm helping him over MSN, but it's really hard if I'm not physically there. Plus, he won't do anything on his own.

send me the parts and I'll build it for you. Will you ever see the computer? nope.

LOL!

(Over voice on MSN.)

Him: blahblahblah im a noob
Me: Wait, do you have both ends of the IDE cable plugged into the motherboard?
Him: ...Yeah.
Me: ... LOROFRLOFRFROFORFROFROFLLFRORFLOFLLOLOLOLLO

Qonfused said:
He just got the parts a few days ago. I'm helping him over MSN, but it's really hard if I'm not physically there. Plus, he won't do anything on his own.

I've done quite a bit on my own. :|

It makes me feel better when an experienced person is there, though.

And yeah, I only just got all the parts to my house. :)

Edit: And shutup. This is my first time. :D

Gl, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it together. You've got help, so that's a good sign.

And now, for something completely different... Q, what happens 2_2_06?

bvasgm said:
Gl, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it together. You've got help, so that's a good sign.

And now, for something completely different... Q, what happens 2_2_06?

That's his precious NIN concert, I believe. :dork:

Don't make fun of him guys. It's his first time. I remember my first time. Took me about 5 minutes once I figured out where the goddamn plug connected and then I forgot to wear protection (you know, no electric charge or anything). Godamn I need to build another computer.

Roland Deschain said:
Don't make fun of him guys. It's his first time. I remember my first time. Took me about 5 minutes once I figured out where the goddamn plug connected and then I forgot to wear protection (you know, no electric charge or anything). Godamn I need to build another computer.

Thanks, Roland. Though, even for a beginner...; why the hell would I have it plugged into the mobo twice?

How did I pay for it? I worked... a lot... for a long time... with a little help from Christmas. :D

I just tried it, it fricking works! It had all these little red and green lights, and then it went "beep!" I'm so happy! But, right now I'm looking online for some info on the case, because the 120 mm. fan in the front doesn't turn on. It's power thingy is one that plugs into the motherboard, but Qonfused said it wasn't a good idea to do that, so I'll breeze Google for a bit.

Edit: Decided "screw it", and plugged it into the motherboard. Fan works, nothing went wrong.

If you need any help DannyC, I am here pretty much all the time.

DannyC. said:
I remember that pc building thread of mine having well over 1000 views, so I'm sure many of you are aware that I was building a computer (well, probably from my sig, as well). Now it's almost finished! I've just got a little bit of wiring to do, then I can get it up and running so I can install all the drivers and such. I hope to have it up tonight! Thanks again, everybody who gave input when I was choosing the parts!

:hmph: :( :angel: ;) :sniper: :p :angry: :p :frog: :thumbs: :farmer: :E :eek: :upstare: :eek: :stare: :dozey: :smoking: :dork: :bonce: :imu: :D :sleep: ;( :) :frown: :| :borg: :cat: :cool: :LOL: :devil: :monkee: :afro: :naughty: :flame: :burp: :x :rolleyes: :cheers: :rolling: :bounce: :O :cheese:

:bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce:
I love it how my soundcard's better then yours.

I got sigged! I'm so happy, I just had a minor orgasm.

Oh yeah, good luck finishing it off.

You've got yourself a nice PC. Treat her well ;)

:p

DannyC. said:
I've done quite a bit on my own. :|

It makes me feel better when an experienced person is there, though.

Edit: And shutup. This is my first time. :D

AGREE :p

Hope everthing turns out good for ya and you dont run into any problems later. I was looking at your sig and everything look awsome!

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. These forums are great.

You wanna know what I upgraded from? A Dell, don't know what series, thing, but it had a 2.8 Intel processor, integrated sound I believe, and some Intel card. I was able to run Half-Life 2 at medium graphics, and the highest I could get was about 25 fps, about 45% of the time. This beast is quite a switch from that. :D

theSteven? If that was supposed to be some sort of taunt, I... I really don't give a shit if your sound card's a bit better than mine...

But I'm glad you're happy. :cheers:

The first computer I built I got the wrong size RAM and my PSU was too weak.
Other than that everything went perfectly.

DannyC. said:
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. These forums are great.

theSteven? If that was supposed to be some sort of taunt, I... I really don't give a shit if your sound card's a bit better than mine...

But I'm glad you're happy. :cheers:

you know what you should say instead of all this to him......

Attachments

3.3 KB · Views: 193
Cool..... I might build my own computer... all I have is a Mac G4 powerbook...
I was thinking about buying like a Alienware or somthing but I dont know I need some oppinions!

theSteven said:
I love it how my soundcard's better then yours.
You mean "I love it how my soundcard's better than yours."

[/grammar nazi]

Buying Alienware computer or something would save you the troubles I've been facing...

The Windows package says the pc manufacturer removed the authentication code and it should be attached to my pc. That would of course couldn't happen, so it's impossible for me to get Windows running at the moment.

What... the... ****...?

Since Windows hasn't been fully installed yet, would it screw up my computer if I turned it off now?

And is there an easy solution to my new and exciting problem, or do I need to call Microsoft or something?

Edit: yeah, I'm reading. I think I really bought the wrong OS for my purposes. :(

assuming your windows is legit that shouldn't happen

i think you'll need to start the installation if you switch it off(wont screw up computer)

DannyC. said:
Buying Alienware computer or something would save you the troubles I've been facing...

The Windows package says the pc manufacturer removed the authentication code and it should be attached to my pc. That would of course couldn't happen, so it's impossible for me to get Windows running at the moment.

What... the... ****...?

Since Windows hasn't been fully installed yet, would it screw up my computer if I turned it off now?

And is there an easy solution to my new and exciting problem, or do I need to call Microsoft or something?

Edit: yeah, I'm reading. I think I really bought the wrong OS for my purposes. :(
I hate to break it to you but someone sold you an illegitimate copy of Windows.

.... Newegg?

The thing works but, it doesn't have the code along with the package... Well, that sucks, if that's the case. I'll try calling Newegg tommorow, and see if they can't give me a code or something. night, guys.

I sent them an email yesterday. I got an email today saying that they will get to sending reply to what I asked. If the service email system doesn't work out for me, I'll call them.

Funny avatar, by the way.

My ass you don't care. I bet you cry at night because my sound card is slightly better.

theSteven said:
My ass you don't care. I bet you cry at night because my sound card is slightly better.

k. Anyway, I got my computer to work, got the code it's all set up. All I need to get now are the drivers for the wireless adapter, which are within my reach, and I can recieve more dumbass comments from our friend, here.

My next post might be from the beast with a sound card I'm perfectly satisfied with!

DannyC. said:
k. Anyway, I got my computer to work, got the code it's all set up. All I need to get now are the drivers for the wireless adapter, which are within my reach, and I can recieve more dumbass comments from our friend, here.

My next post might be from the beast with a sound card I'm perfectly satisfied with!
...Settle down. You've misunderstood me for making serious comments here.

I took the time to consider that afterword, but you sounded a little more serious to me than sarcastic. Sorry. Anyway, not on the new pc yet, but I almost am.

Back