Yahoo G.D. HL2 preview

sorry to double post, but could a mod please change the title of the thread to let the people know about the new bink? thanks. i didnt want to say there was definitely new content if there wasnt.

hey this is a pretty big one :rolleyes: this could be intersting, dowloading now ETA 20min

trust me, its very good quality. there is no trash can man! sorry shuzer, but it appears to be a reflection.

Oh gees. Shuzer isn't going to take that well. :(

He'll have to take down the trash-can man effigy he's erected in his room.

From the file title I think it will just be the intro and will end with you seeing the bloody chair in the 2k4 video. "yahoo_hl2-trainstation.exe"

yeah, it ends there, but with the higher quality footage, you can really appreciate the atmosphere of the scene.

anytime. im just waiting for a mod to change the title.

Mr-Fusion said:
Oh gees. Shuzer isn't going to take that well. :(

He'll have to take down the trash-can man effigy he's erected in his room.
ehh???

ne0_shiny said:

You're new to these forums, so it's easy to see how you could be confused.

You see, on these forums we have a member called Shuzer. Now Shuzer was pretty sure from the E32004 shaky cam footage, that the bin you (Gordon) pass in the trainstation had somebody hidden inside.

This new hi-resolution bink video (so we're told) disproves this theory.

Thankyou for using sarcasm airlines.

Holy crap! I just watched it, what a great bink. Wowowowow.

Definitely the best opening sequence to any game I've ever played. Can't wait to actually play it. :D

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, is reported to be complete. Unfortunately, it's unable to release thanks to a contractual restriction that prevents its publisher launching the game before Half-Life 2.

Thats new to me :eek:

Well. . .you know what this means right? Valve cant keep the game delayed for too long.

Sorry Shuzer, but it's just a reflection. :( I, too, thought it was a person.

I guess that means the "Shh!! Shh!! came from the person filming the screen at E32K4?

By the way, the now than you can properly hear everything, the audio is absolutely orgasmic...

Attachments

• reflection.JPG
    reflection.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 347
Wow, I've been a little down because of the pre-load delay. Now I'm happy again!

"Dr. Judith Mossman, Eli's research partner, will be voiced by Michelle Forbes, best known as Ensign Ro from Star Trek. "

Man, i KNEW that voice sounded familiar! Anyone else love TNG?

i watched it too the quality is really good, like i already have the game, though if i have it it would be completly different experience, is there a place where all the HL2 gameplay videos are on bink format, some of them are really bad quality???

nigga said:
i watched it too the quality is really good, like i already have the game, though if i have it it would be completly different experience, is there a place where all the HL2 gameplay videos are on bink format, some of them are really bad quality???
So far, we only have the BINKs posted in this topic, THESE, and one other which is a compilation of a few gameplay clips which can be found HERE.

Hope that helps. :)

And if I missed out on any, hopefully someone can correct me.

You can find some of the e3 2004 binks down at yahoo.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I'm downloading at 50kb/s, max for me. Good server!

There's indeed a bink of the G-man intro, did we already have that one? The one with "wake up, wake up, and smell the .. ash-es".

WTF

A green screen appears for 5 secs, then the bink logo.

The trainstation bink is fudged up? anyone else had this problem?

lans said:
WTF

A green screen appears for 5 secs, then the bink logo.

The trainstation bink is fudged up? anyone else had this problem?

Yeah it don't work for me either???????

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Can anyone help us?

The rest of the other binks work fine for me too. Its just this one??

Yaaayyy, new content!!!

Downloading at 16kb/s... when will ntl get around to upgrading me?

I swear I am going to spend at least an hour just on the trainstation bit. Everything is so interactive! Talking to people, throwing stuff around, im going to use about 50 quick-saves just in the trainstation.

Throw trash at a city person...
throw trash at a combine soldier...
get the shit kicked out of me for throwing trash at a combine soldier...
quick-load and don't throw trash at a combine soldier...

The possibilities are endless!

Got mine working, this is what I did.....

Download the bink program utility thingy from here.

Then load it up and select the video you want to open but don't click play. Click on the advanced play tab and hit default to restore all the bink player settings.

This what I did and the video plays for me now, the reason we are getting the green screen is something to do with Direct Draw or something.

Now, I'm off to watch it again!:D

Hope this helps......

Anyone notice the combines head bouncing up and down as he walked down the corridor :eek:

azz0r said:
Anyone notice the combines head bouncing up and down as he walked down the corridor :eek:

I NOTICED THAT!! it is such a great effect to realism!! :D

Back