Yakovlev Yak-9P model

Reaction score
This is the Soviet Yakovlev Yak-9P. The Yak-9P is equipped with two 12.7mm machine guns on the fuselage above the engine, and a 23mm cannon in the nose.

This is made for Red Alert: A Path Beyond: http://www.renalert.com

Without the landing gear it's (currently) 2117, with the landing gear it's 3321 polygons.

post-7-1109014109.jpg

post-7-1109017412.jpg

post-7-1109017780.jpg

i cant do much with the hammer editor i think i might have mad a brick.
:cheers:

nice work
but i dont like this fascination with purple ..... u need to find better ways of presenting ur model
oh and is it also called a spit fire ?

It's not purple, it's blue.

And no, it isn't also called a Spitfire. The Spitfire was a British plane.

great job. that looks more like a p-51d, in my opinion. what modelling program did you use?

i dunno much about aeroplanes, but the shape looks like a spitfire. But of course, there were alot of planes looking the same

The spitfire has a much different wing.

looks nice...

(Geez, listening to you guys you'd think there was only the mustang and spitfire in all of ww2)

SidewinderX said:
The spitfire has a much different wing.

looks nice...

(Geez, listening to you guys you'd think there was only the mustang and spitfire in all of ww2)

The best aircraft during World War 2 were German ;), especially some of the funkier stuff they had in the works by 1944/45.

The model looks great, for reference purposes, the machine guns mounted on top of the engine are called Cowl mounted machine guns.

acctually germany had a moderate airforce, there bombers lacked alot, there fighters were alright, the mustang and the spitfire however were the elites of propeller fighters, now if you want to talk jet fighters, yes germany AND JAPAN were farther along. but that doesnt matter does it because we made the Abomb :)

redhollowpoint said:
acctually germany had a moderate airforce, there bombers lacked alot, there fighters were alright, the mustang and the spitfire however were the elites of propeller fighters, now if you want to talk jet fighters, yes germany AND JAPAN were farther along. but that doesnt matter does it because we made the Abomb :)

Germany had some amazing aircraft, they just lacked the resourses to put them into full operation at the end of the war.

They had a jet fighter that was proposed to be able to break the speed of sound by 1945, never tested.
They had a propellor driven fighter that could do 550mph, never put into full production due to shortages.
They had an America bomber which could fly the Atlantic and back again, never put into full production due to beauracracy.
They had a proposed V/Stol jet, never got past the prototype stage, i think this was also the proposed supersonic jet as well.
They had a multi-stage v2 rocket, worlds first icbm.
They had the first cruise missile, v1, a modified version could also be launched from an aircraft.
They had the first air to air missile, very limited production.
They had the first surface to air missile, never reach production.

And the Mustang was only as good as it was with a British engine ;).

im sorry but if you cant make the vehicals it doesnt really count, we could make all this great stuff but we dont, the facts arent based on blueprint planes, its based on planes that flew in substancial numbers, in combat.

That's wonderful, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

Aircraftkiller said:
That's wonderful, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

Sorry :(

Phoenix, i have been looking at your website, are you planning to move it over to Halflife2 on the source engine, it would be amazing to see how the building part of Red Alert comes across to the Source engine.

Back