Yes I am new here but....

R

RabidChipmunk

I am new to coding, and have only been in the mod role for a little bit, but since there are very few tutorials out there I have a question that I figured I'd ask here. For the time being, we (OMFP Mod Team) are looking to do as little code work as possible since none of us are too versed in C++ yet.

I am looking to simply increase the speed of the crossbow bolt, but when I raise it, the bolt starts hitting to the right of the targetting reticle. Is this based off of some physics model that I will need to change, or am I missing something? The base air velocity is 3500, so I doubled it for more speed across semi open spaces. The following is where I changed the speed. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Code:
#define BOLT_AIR_VELOCITY	7000
#define BOLT_WATER_VELOCITY	1500
#define	BOLT_SKIN_NORMAL	0
#define BOLT_SKIN_GLOW		1

And yes I have reset it to the original speed and it still throws the bolt all over the place, and that is the only thing I changed.

hmm, that's strange, are you sure that's the only thing you've changed? I wouldn't have thought the speed of the bolt would have had any effect on where it hits, especially if you've set it back to default and it's still doing it. Maybe someone else can answer your question.

I've heard of this problem before...something to do with cone arc... can't say specifically, but I think the crossbolt works differently than expected when changing speed velocity. As a matter of fact, I suggest searching the forums, because I'm almost certain it's been talked about before.

Ah so it is. Thanks. I thought I had searched for it, but with all the searches I have done around the forums must have over looked that one. Thanks Pes

Back