you all need to see this

R

razorxl

Hey everyone.. just wanted to open everyone's eyes to something..

i was reading about the FBI stuff once again.. (starting to get old anyway) and thought.. hmm
hungry programmers... hmm.. that last name seems odd too.. it's not like he was a "smith" or a "jones"...

so i did some research on WHO owned the www.hungry.com domain name.. thinking.. there MIGHT be a slight chance that valve owned it and that would shed some light on EVERYTHING

Alright everyone.. stop feeling sorry for the guy.. here's some info everyone needs to see...

go here

http://www.register.com/generate_gif.cgi?msg=hungry.com

yes... that's right... the dude was living with the hungry programmers yes... but you can't say he wasn't involved.. not after seeing this.. and not just "a room-mate" of them..

btw.. it lists their Phone number.. i dare someone to call and raise some hell ;) you gotta record it if you do!.. that'd be TOO FUNNY

so whatever..

people suck.. i hope he rots in jail for years.. and he never see's his 9 computers or xbox and tivo again...

Raz

uhm am I suppose to know who those people are?

Because I don't, sorry.

Just read up on some of the HL2 news lately..

the chris toshok guy posted a blog a few days ago.. claiming he was totally innocent.. but that feds had raided his place.. trying to find the "hungry programmers" they are a group of people who call themselve's that.. www.hungry.com

basically.. he was saying that he was totally violated.. and playing all innocent.. hoping for support from the people in the community.. to get a tear jerker.. however he was involved....

///Raz

LOL it would be so funny if someone actully calls him, prolly get sued or something, common someones do it, DO IT *insert peer pressure here*

its wierd how there fax numbers are 999-999-9999 and 123-123-1234 dont you think??????? i think this sh*t is fake.... just another rumor.

DUDE>.. that info is STRAIGHT from register.com... can't get more reliable than that..

run a WHOIS on whatever service you want.. for the domain www.hungry.com
it'll pull up the same info.. that stuff.. prolly means they don't have a fax number and such.. i've done the same for domain registrations of my own..

this ain't rumor stuff here.. look at the link.. why do you think they so heavily guard their info within a CGI scripted gif generator to output text?... cause it can't be faked that way..

///Raz

What happened to innocent before proven guilty? I fail to see how having a website and a member who was raided by the FBI (who never make mistakes!) makes them guilty for the HL2 theft. That would be a funny phone call though if you did end up calling them. Would you ask them straight out if they took it, butter them up a little then ask, or just swear at them till the phone melted?

Apparently he is a "former" roommate, so that phone number may not apply to any of them anymore,

i never said they were guilty of stealing the code....

to be honest.. i don't think they are..

i think the most they could be guilty of would be receiving the first file of distribution from the cracker/hacker/idiot.. and then widely distributing..
thas about all i can think..

////Raz

Cunni said:
Apparently he is a "former" roommate, so that phone number may not apply to any of them anymore,

i think that means.. that "they" moved out.. still wouldn't hurt to try..
i bet their phones are tapped though ;)

if not by the feds... by himself.. to protect his own ass ;)

razorxl said:
i think that means.. that "they" moved out.. still wouldn't hurt to try..
i bet their phones are tapped though ;)

if not by the feds... by himself.. to protect his own ass ;)

im pretty sure giving peoples phone number out on the net and asking people to spam them is agains the law in some way.

Who honestly cares if the hacker gets caught. Valve even said the game would be delayed even if the hacker didnt hack.

Im pretty sure that the hackor didnt cause the dealy, just prelonged it

A report is also on BBC. I'm too lazy to find the link tho.

Cutey_Kaite said:
Im pretty sure that the hackor didnt cause the dealy, just prelonged it
and gave valve an excellent excuse.. =)

that's rich. From his blog, and other posts, it seems that Chris Toshok was simply a roommate of the Hungry Programmers, that he had nothing to do with them. And they moved on. And he got raided.

This registry goes against that totally. He is the administrative contact for their domain.. so he probably registered it in the first place, and is definitely a part of their group. The FBI isn't raiding houses just for fun. This guy was involved somehow (with the hungry programmers).

He had me going too, i felt bad that his xbox was stolen by the mean old fbi...

BLAH BULLSHIT! screw that guy...

i think the most they could be guilty of would be receiving the first file of distribution from the cracker/hacker/idiot

Actually, its was Hitman of the CS hacker group ***** that distributed the the beta, or had a hand in it in any case.

As for Chris Toshok being a member of the 'Hungry Programmers', he never stated that he wasn't a member. At least, not that I can remember. I've looked over the Hungry Programmers website, and at the very least, his circle of friends seems to be the Hungry Programmers themselves, the few of them in San Francisco anyhow.

Ofcourse, their website never made it clear exactly what the group was or what they did. The implication is simply that they are a group of friends and students that make there way like anyone else in their age bracket, and don't get paid either at all, or very little for their programming talent. However, I have spoken to Chris through e-mail a couple of times and when I asked him exactly what the group was, he never responded to me again.

Back