You Go Buy Ristar Now or: New Mega Drive Games on Steam

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic platformer made by Sonic Team before SEGA before they were forced to churn out Sonic Games for eternity. It is rather unlike Sonic. It's slow based and all combat and platforming revolves around using your extended your arms, grabbing stuff and then ramming them in the goddamn face with your head.

ss2b90cc668fa5a50b20ead.jpg

This star will **** your shit up. It's only two fifty, go buy that shit.

Also now on Steam:
  • Alex Kid
  • Ecco Jr
  • Eternal Champions
  • Kid Chameleon
  • and a couple more
(plus the previous batch of Mega Drive games which had Comix Zone, Ecco and Shinobi III)

Ristar
Mega Drive Collection 1
Mega Drive Collection 2

Oh this is awesome, I would love to see more old games on steam from the Amiga and stuff. I might get this Ristar game.

I would suck a million dicks if Truxton was released on Steam :O

you can buy the Sega Collections for like $10 now on PS3, Xbox, PS2, PSP, you name it. just saying its cheaper to get the collections than a game at a time.

**** you, I have the actual cartridge and i'm not paying for emulation.

The Mega Drive releases on Steam are absolutely bizarre. The 'Sonic' titles they've released so far? 3D, Spinball and Mean Bean Machine... What? (And this last one... look, I'd actually buy a proper Puyo Puyo game on Steam. But not the first dressed up as a Saturday morning cartoon).

Sorry Sega, I gave you my money when you actually mattered.

I had Mean Bean Machine on the Mega Drive and Game Gear. It was ****ing awesome. I think they're not doing the real Sonic games because
A: They're already available in a different collection
B: If they had the Sonic games people would only buy those and not the rest.
They could well be leaving the Sonic games till last.

@Darkside: Come on, Ristar is as different to Sonic as Sonic is to Mario. It's more slow paced, methodical and puzzle based than Sonic is.

how do you pronounce Ristar??

I've always seen this game and could never figure out how to say it. kinda like when old people call Mario, Marryio

@Darkside: Come on, Ristar is as different to Sonic as Sonic is to Mario. It's more slow paced, methodical and puzzle based than Sonic is.
He's just flexing his trivia muscles. Ristar evolved from an early Sonic design.

Puyo Puyo 1 is a harsh, harsh game.

how do you pronounce Ristar??

I've always seen this game and could never figure out how to say it. kinda like when old people call Mario, Marryio
I always say "Ris-star" where ris is pronounced like "risk" without the k.

The Mega Drive releases on Steam are absolutely bizarre. The 'Sonic' titles they've released so far? 3D, Spinball and Mean Bean Machine... What? (And this last one... look, I'd actually buy a proper Puyo Puyo game on Steam. But not the first dressed up as a Saturday morning cartoon).

Sorry Sega, I gave you my money when you actually mattered.

I would love to buy some of the SEGA arcade games like Sega Super GT (SCUD Racer outside of USA), Daytona 2, Sega Touring Car Championship, etc.

It's such a shame because SEGA Super GT was planned for the Saturn, then it was shown off for the Dreamcast, but it was canceled.

I love those last few Sega arcade games.

gtexpert2.jpg

I'm with Hokey on this one. How was Sonic 3D, incidentally? I keep on seeing it in charity shops and it looks terrible.

I'm with Hokey on this one. How was Sonic 3D, incidentally? I keep on seeing it in charity shops and it looks terrible.
Sonic 3D Blast would probably be more accurately titled Sonic Isometric Blows to be honest.

Best special stages were in S3&K.

S3&K had the best everything (except gambling, 2 had the best gambling).

Back