You have bad taste in music

That dude is God, he says the truth and fights for a better world.

EMAN FOR PREZ!

Evanescence rocks. I liked the band before it was 'cool'.

I thought it was going to be like Maddox or something, but haha he goes into the streets...

He might get knifed :\

Although I strongly dislike most music promoted by major labels, non-independant radio channels, television (MTV is the worst...), etc... I will keep my mouth shut. I'm not the type who cares to engage in arguments often. Sometimes creative artists become big, and i'm fine with that. It's not just the fact that they're big, famous, rich that puts me off from them. Mainly I just can't stand the genericness of their music. I see popular culture, along with all the fads and trends that come with it, as a plague. A horrible plague.

Edit: I do acknowledge musicianship, and I respect individuals as musicians. Evenascence's lead singer has a beautiful voice no doubt. However, their music on a whole sounds unoriginal to my ears. Radio friendly anyone?

Shuzer said:
In what way? Her voice talent is awesome, and it's not traditional rock.

Don't listen to him, hes being a dumbass in IRC right now too. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with Linkin Park? And why do people think that it's OK for them to tell people what not to listen to?

Because we can, why is it that you have to ask questions and defend your bands, because you can.

mainstream is just not the way for me, it's too.....cliche..........

EC said:
What's wrong with Linkin Park? And why do people think that it's OK for them to tell people what not to listen to?

Linkin Park involves too much angst and crazy lyrics about wounds no healing and how much pain his rich ass goes through.

Just ain't my cup of whatchamacallit

Dalamari said:
Because we can, why is it that you have to ask questions and defend your bands, because you can.

I don't believe anyone ever told you to listen to them though, no? :rolleyes:

I don't believe anyone asked you to post here, but you did because you could, and I say your band sucks because I can, freedom people, get used to it.

I find freedom of speech is a very touchy thing. People are quick to exclaim their rights, but also quick to tell someone else they can't.

Don't worry Shuzer, he's not really giving a clear reason why Evanescence is "bad", he's just using someone else's opinion as a justification. I love Evanescence, so you aren't alone.

Dalamari said:
I don't believe anyone asked you to post here, but you did because you could, and I say your band sucks because I can, freedom people, get used to it.

Yeah, and why do they "suck"? What kind of music do you listen to eh?

Heh, nice. I'm goin to a Linkin Park concert on August 24th, the day before my birthday. Luck would have it that the one day that they are closest to my city is the 24th.

It says where he is appearing on the site, and Evanesence suck because I don't like them, take that however you want.

Dalamari said:
It says where he is appearing on the site, and Evanesence suck because I don't like them, take that however you want.

Wow, what a great reason! I hate them now too! :hmph:

Well, we shouldn't be flaming back and forth and such.. Just express your opinions and be done with it, or the mods will get us. :)

Gawd...there's nothing worse than music snobs. Record store clerks are the worst.

I think the mods should close this anyways, as it's just a whole shitload of flame bait.

The only thing that gets me pissed is people think that just cause they don't like it, it's bad. Maybe in your mind, yes. And I can understand that. There are bands that I don't like, and I *personally* think that they are bad. But I don't see why they have to try and force their opinion onto other people.

If someone ever told me not to see a concert for my favorite band because they said it was a bad group, I'd just tell them that's their opinion and walk off. They can think whatever they want of me.

Sedako said:
I think the mods should close this anyways, as it's just a whole shitload of flame bait.

Make of it what you want, but I posted it with the intent of humor. I take lightly to insults against my musical preference, as should you. Admit it, the guy is rather funny. If anything, it's humorous just to watch the people's reactions. =]

If you hate a certain kind of band, just keep it to yourself...Thats all you should do, and this will solve the problem.

I just wish actual musicians who write music from the heart would become popular. It used to be like that many years ago, mainly before my time. When I listen to stuff by Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin etc it speaks infinitely more than Christina Aguilera singing about how she is dirty.

When i listen to Bachs piano concerto No.5 it does more for than hearing Linkin Park crying and sooking at how angry and depressed they are.

Music is all subjective. What i like other people will hate and vice-versa. Though i think it's fairly evident in todays capitalistic world that the creative juices that once flowed throughout the music industry are being swallowed up by the need to make cash. Churn out a catchy beat as quick as you can, slap you pointless lyrics over the top and sell it. For your next album, do exactly the same! Don't dare to change style as changed style=less profits.

We're simply experiencing A SHIT period for music. I'm sure one day there will be a re-birth.....a second renaissance if you will.

thefiznut said:
Make of it what you want, but I posted it with the intent of humor. I take lightly to insults against my musical preference, as should you. Admit it, the guy is rather funny. If anything, it's humorous just to watch the people's reactions. =]

I don't care what others think, it's just that certain people won't give up until they force their opinions down other's throats... You can make threads like this, but there is a large change that it will offend people. The music world is a very large place, and a lot of fans will not take attacks to their preference lightly. Think of it like if someone were to come in here and relentlessly bash HL2. It would upset a lot of us and we will most likely defend our opinions.

Mr-Fusion said:
When i listen to Bachs piano concerto No.5 it does more for than hearing Linkin Park crying and sooking at how angry and depressed they are.

You're awesome.

That is right, but back in the Dylan-Zep days, you didn't need much to even start in music, most bands back then never had to play infront of a 2 person crowd or outa a band, back in the 60's you went to a bar, cranked out your best, and hoped for a record deal, now adays its all about being on TV to make it, getting a website, and even after all that you prolly won't make it.

Did any of you actually watch the movies? Or did you react based on the title of the website? His message is more than "these bands suck" or "you have bad taste in music". He's speaking a satirical message against the celebrity obssessed American culture.

thefiznut said:
Did any of you actually watch the movies? Or did you react based on the title of the website? His message is more than "these bands suck" or "you have bad taste in music". He's speaking a satirical message against the celebrity obssessed American culture.
I didn't watch the movie.

I just randomly lecture people on the problem with music these days. Take heed.

You're awesome.
Thanks.

[06:54:33] e|n0luck: mp3 (cu@lan RIAA): (Sirenia - In Sumerian Haze) ¤ Length: (4:39) ¤ BitRate: (192kbps)

nw909 said:
You're awesome.
Totally agree

The only talented musician that got in the Top 20 last year (off the top of my head) was Norah Jones.

EC said:
Heh, nice. I'm goin to a Linkin Park concert on August 24th, the day before my birthday. Luck would have it that the one day that they are closest to my city is the 24th.

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

OMG Linkin Park is awsome.....i wann go :rolleyes:

Worst thread ever. Listen to whatever makes you happy, I listen to commodor 64 revival music and I couldn't care less what others think. IF you like listening to those no-talent asshats on MTV, it's your problem not mine :LOL:

Although this is rather obvious the reason why just about all the mainstream music people listen to is popular is because it is forced down your throat.

Most people don't know any different or take the time to explore what else is out there mainly because it's much easier to access the aforementioned forced material.

All I ask is that people don't only listen to what's shown to them but try to broaden your horizons in music, and I do believe there is such a thing as bad music but it's really something you have to realize on your own.

www.amazon.com honestly is where I learn about tons of music

Where do people get off in telling people what they can and can't listen too? Music is something everyone has a different taste in.

Nobody gives a f*ck if you think that band is a poser or sucks, it sounds good to me.

God I hate all of this crap. I listen to SOAD, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Bad Religion, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Guns 'N Roses, Godsmack, Guster, Control Denied, Judas Priest, Death, Melissa Auf Der Maur, and Matchbox 20. How the HELL can you judge me by what I listen to?

Do I listen to mainstream? Yes. Do I explore more music? Yes. There you have it folks.

Worst thread ever. Listen to whatever makes you happy, I listen to commodor 64 revival music and I couldn't care less what others think. IF you like listening to those no-talent asshats on MTV, it's your problem not mine

Yes, finally, thank you!

Retards. :|

Back