you see...it's not just global warming #1123

jverne

Reaction score
like i said many, many many times before. global warming is just the tip of the iceberg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7403989.stm

Between a quarter and a third of the world's wildlife has been lost since 1970, according to data compiled by the Zoological Society of London.

Populations of land-based species fell by 25%, marine by 28% and freshwater by 29%, it says.

Humans are wiping out about 1% of all other species every year, and one of the "great extinction episodes" in the Earth's history is under way, it says.

Pollution, farming and urban expansion, over-fishing and hunting are blamed.

we are killing, eating, shitting, piling up garbage on our planet so fast it's not even funny anymore.

earlier i saw an ad board, selling a hand electric drill for 10 EU (what 17$?), even the plastic housing costs more...how the ****? before capitalism hit us with full force your average drill cost around 100+ EU. at least it did last you a fair amount of time. the 20$ drill is probably not even good as a paper weight.

capitalism in this form sucks...we need something better.

Oh dear god the world is coming to an end. Were all going to die.

How are they measuring these values? Is it by number of animals, by volume of animals, or by mass? What exactly defines wildlife? I am guessing it includes mammals, but does it include plants, insects, bacteria, fungi?

No matter what economic system you have, in the grand scheme it is still capitalism and a free market, just like the natural government is anarchy (there is no physical law that dictates the formation of governments, it just naturally occurs when you put enough people together with extra resources). If you build a planned economy, you are still working within the overall framework of capitalism. It's all part of natural selection.

Pfft, silly conspiracy theory. Global Warming doesn't exist, and we aren't hurting anything. I mean, the Earth is probably HAPPY we are here doing our thing.

Honestly, it's not just the christian fundies who are to blame, the atheists are just as bad!

this is just the media trying to scare the public once again.
people over exaggerate on things. i mean we all remember Y2K, that brought the economy up with all the crap people bought for survival.

its all media scare. our earth isnt in danger. if we created it from what came out of the earth then how is it hurting it?

this is just the media trying to scare the public once again.
people over exaggerate on things. i mean we all remember Y2K, that brought the economy up with all the crap people bought for survival.

its all media scare. our earth isnt in danger. if we created it from what came out of the earth then how is it hurting it?

That is another problem altogether. People don't say what they actually mean when they talk about the Earth, they anthropomorphize the problem into some kind of entity that we have to look out for.

You CAN do, you schmuck.

Rudimentary tasks like recycling, backyard composting, buying quality, not being an ass and not littering...

Seagulls and cockroaches are going to take over. You watch.

There will one day be a great war.

Pfft, silly conspiracy theory. Global Warming doesn't exist, and we aren't hurting anything. I mean, the Earth is probably HAPPY we are here doing our thing.

Totally agree actually; and who cares if it is harmful, that's what the future is for.

Totally agree actually; and who cares if it is harmful, that's what the future is for.

hehe lets all follow in the footsteps of the ideas in futurama.

some know what im talking about.

hehe lets all follow in the footsteps of the ideas in futurama.

some know what im talking about.

I, for one, do.

I still have most of their DVD's stashed away somewhere...I actually miss it.

:(

I am far too tired to not be shocked by this.

I shall review it in the afternoon.

I expect our future to be something very similar to that of the movie Idiocracy.

If this is news to anybody you must live in isolation. Look outside once in a while. As the years go by, you can actually watch everything disappear.

Back