Your favorite Logo.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Since Valve will allow us to use logos once more in Half-Life 2 multiplayer, I was wondering wich one was your favorite. I found the delv1 logo to be kick ass.

What's your thoughts on being able to use decals in multiplayer? I think they said we will be able to use logos with better resolutions and even animated decals.

What's your thoughts.

P.S. Anyone knows where I can find a bigger version of this logo?

Attachments

• remapped.bmp
    5.1 KB · Views: 821
an Animated decal sounds incredibly awesome

but....since most of us would be using the decals online..

Most likely depending on the size, and animation it could easily lag you.

animated Pronographic decals will certainly raise some eyebrows with 11 year olds and PTA meetings

Think of how many people will make an animated skin of someone running crouching shooting, then running back. thats takes abou 4 frames I bet. Just spray that on a wall, watch the guy turn to shoot at what he thinks is a threat and boom go over and blast him.

My favorite "standard" logo was the splat. Its like abstract art, and if you make it grey it looks like...(no need to spell it out there)

Animated decals would be the cool.... so many more possibilities.. .. so many that I just can't think of any right now.

A giant cookie monster!
Or even some anime charecters.
Maybe this Xeno! :p

Attachments

• xeno.jpg
    xeno.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 573
My avatar will be the best after I XXX in HL2 MP.

I had a custom spray that was a chalk outline of a body with "Offed by Ghettochild" written next to it. Used to spray it on all my kills.

im sure valve realized how important logos became, im sure they made them easier and even better to use

Haha, speaking of "easier to use", am I the only person who finds it amazing there are no "turn the crank" programs out there which just take your picture and automatically get it to work in your game?

My favorite was the bright green smiley face going :D. I spray that places where I think someone would look at it and giggle, thus get distracted, thus easier to kill hehe.

Originally posted by DaveKap
Haha, speaking of "easier to use", am I the only person who finds it amazing there are no "turn the crank" programs out there which just take your picture and automatically get it to work in your game?

There are.

That'd be pretty fuggin' awesome to have an animated one. There'd be lots of XXX ones I'm sure ;)

here is one:
:cheers:

Attachments

• owned.jpg
    owned.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 313
its always funny to see someone try and climb a wall when a decal of a ladder has been sprayed there.

lol, the best sprays are those of opposing teams (in CS, anyway)

I hate it when someone has a high quality spray of a CT/T, I usually shoot at it once

Originally posted by Hyped
This is my favorite spray.

screen-1065689666.jpg

My, aren't we funny.

Anyway... I liked the smiley logo... simply becuase I like Smilies... never used it in MP though... I could spray 'em in SP :)

This one's great. Whenever I'm feeling a little down, I look at this pic for a minute and I just have to smile.

I use a cookie monster atm for my spray :p

I use to use a hidden sensory chamber spray (ns stylz)
but i lost the picture. :\

well seeing as tecutes and stuff, are going to be able to be bump and specular mapped (I assume anyways) couldnt you make some sweet looking sprays, that are bumpy and shiny??!?!??!

Originally posted by bgesley426
animated Pronographic decals will certainly raise some eyebrows with 11 year olds and PTA meetings

Since when is HL (or HL2) rated E?

the little disclaimer: "Game Experience May Change During Online Play" on games covers that, which allows people to be obscene as they want to at the discretion of the server.

Originally posted by poseyjmac
the little disclaimer: "Game Experience May Change During Online Play" on games covers that, which allows people to be obscene as they want to at the discretion of the server.

As far as I knew, that means the game might change with online play as they patch it, meaning it wont be exactly the same game they paid for.

Interactive entertainment software industry watchers agree that the future of video games is online and that within the next decade, playing with a partner halfway around the world will be just as easy as playing with the person sitting next to you.

Online game play presents special challenges for the ESRB rating system, because online games may contain elements that the game's publisher never intended. With many online games, players can use features such as chat or "skins" to make changes to the game experience. These changes can be seen and heard by others. As a result, some players may experience elements that were not created by the publisher and were not rated by the ESRB.

To advise consumers that an online experience may Online Rating Notice for online games, which includes the phrase "Game Experience May Change During Online Play." The new notice alerts consumers to a game's online features and replaces the oval ESRBi (interactive) icon, which had previously been applied to games with online options.

Chat, skins, etc. are all factors. Not patches. ;)

Originally posted by Faravid
Door sprite is the best. ;)

Even better if you could spray a door logo on the wall and then open it and step through into the next corridor -- but when an opponent tries to use your door he goes splat against the wall.

Hmm, what we really need is a looney tunes mod; complete with such things like said doors, portable holes, huge catapults, spring heels, disappearing/reappearing ink and falling anvils. You don't pickup guns off the floor -- you have to collect an envelope, a stamp and post a letter to "Acme" -- your requested gun then gets delivered to you within a few seconds...

Damn, but modern cartoons are so dull compared to the old school stuff... :)

i hope someone makes a mod to let you spray decals on models, live models too. source already supports dynamic decals on models anyway. i would get a solid pink spray, and cover my teamate with it so he is easy to see by the enemy mwaha

Back