Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Watching, this is going to be good.

Meh, that was probably his weakest yet..

I'm surprised that he even likes God of War as a series. While the combat is good and the cinematic atmosphere is fantastic, the series often epitomises some of the hackneyed and frustrating game elements which Yahtzee has slated in his other reviews. Stuff like areas where it's near impossible to avoid instant death the first time around, respawning enemies during a timed switch puzzle, etc. Not a word about that here...

Felt a bit like he was going through the motions. He didn't seem to really love it all that much but barely bitched it out at all...

Yes, not nearly as funny as some of his others. Echoes my feelings about the game though. I love the franchise, but I don't feel a strong desire to get this one. It's not the type of game I like on-the-go. The robot prostitute line was hilarious though.

I love how his is one of the only reviews people love to constantly review, even though it's obviously the least credible. "This week wasn't as good because he liked the game. OH DAMN HE SHOULD REVIEW CALL OF MARIO KART RAIDER 37 I LOVE THAT GAME."

I actually was surprised he liked it but it does follow my thoughts about the series exactly but it was a bit weaker this week.

Honestly I'm out of stuff to say at this point. It's Zero Punctuation. And its still awesome. Just like last week.

He does an awesome job for sure, hes funny but at the same time extremely serious.

Couldnt expect anything less, but im REALLY surprised he forgot to mention just how painfully short the game is and the fact that you basically only fight 2 'bosses', or around that number anyway.

Isn't God of War full with Yahtzee's old nemesis: quicktime events?

I thought GoW was one title that actually implemented them well, like Resi 4.

Isn't God of War full with Yahtzee's old nemesis: quicktime events?
You know what's funny though? One of his indie adventure type games had quicktime events in. :O

Back