5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse

Gorgon

Reaction score
Could Actually Happen.
front_realzombies_front.jpg

We found out recently that if you try to leave a little kid in a graveyard late at night, he'll freak out. Even if you offer to leave him a gun to protect himself. Why? It's because on some instinctual level, all humans know it's just a matter of time until the zombies show up.

Our culture is full of tales of the undead walking the Earth, from our religions to our comic books. But, some sort of zombie apocalypse isn't actually possible, right?

Right?

Guys?

Actually, yes. It's quite possible. Here's five ways it could happen, according to science.

more @ :D
http://www.cracked.com/article_1564...-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

We're doomed.

/me goes and buys guns, food, fuel and a hueg ****ing boat with an even larger fuel tank.

I welcome a zombie invasion, I'll get to use all my fps skeelz in rl roflrolflololol.

You can prove anything will happen if you twist science enough :p

lol and i who just saw resident evil 4 about 3 hours ago

Forgot rabies. A rabies outbreak would drive infected victims to bite others to propagate the virus. On some level, it's the same as zombies.

Of course, I'm not worried. I'm far too prepared for zombies.

Tell you what I am worried about: nanites. Yeah, the last thing on that list. Not because they can make cyber-zombies; it's the gray death what frightens me. Even though it's probably a non-issue, it's the only doomsday scenario that truly scares the piss out of me. Nanite zombies are still zombies...you take them down like you might other zombies. But if the nanomachines start floating up into the air and congregate into some huge, self-replicating mass...well then what're you gonna do?

YES, my zombie survival guide paid off. I know ill outlive the plague, will you?

sorry for offense taken but,in horror films,who is 1st to die?the black man
soooo,look for demolition and firearm experts

Snipers, you idiots.. Set them at buildings (2-3 stories) with enough supplies for like 30 days, all zombies (in immediate area) are dead within a month. Now we can set up a perimeter of a small town with lots of snipers (maybe even a concrete wall!). We live, they rot. Win.

Wow you guys didn't know about this stuff? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylDNMNNwaE
It forced the cricket to drown itself in a pool. That way it can go up somebody's ass and live inside the person. Also look up tapeworms. :rolleyes: *Oh wait nvm, there is more bs. Nope never will happen.

Snipers, you idiots.. Set them at buildings (2-3 stories) with enough supplies for like 30 days, all zombies (in immediate area) are dead within a month. Now we can set up a perimeter of a small town with lots of snipers (maybe even a concrete wall!). We live, they rot. Win.

You never saw 28 weeks later did you?

Wow you guys didn't know about this stuff? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylDNMNNwaE
It forced the cricket to drown itself in a pool. That way it can go up somebody's ass and live inside the person. Also look up tapeworms. :rolleyes: *Oh wait nvm, there is more bs. Nope never will happen.

No volume. Weird.

Wow, I'm never going into another swimming pool ever.

Wow, I'm never going into another swimming pool ever.
You can get it from eating raw fish and other crap (literally). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapeworm Makes you eat more and more but you always stay thin. In fact they gave tape worms to injest to always stay thin in the olden days. AHH GOD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tP4Fg9Dbk0 *That is so not right. *They grow as long as how big their host is too. So they can get very long. In fact a common practice is to use a toothpick and wrap it up like some type of rope.

I'm not going to click any play button on this page.

Great article. I love how practically every sentence ends with "yet!".

Wow, I'm never eating again ever.
Well in that video with the stomach it says 1 in 3 people have a parasitic worm in their stomach. You may not know it neither because it doesn't interfere with your life. It's a bad thing though when they do lol.

Forgot rabies. A rabies outbreak would drive infected victims to bite others to propagate the virus. On some level, it's the same as zombies.

Of course, I'm not worried. I'm far too prepared for zombies.

Tell you what I am worried about: nanites. Yeah, the last thing on that list. Not because they can make cyber-zombies; it's the gray death what frightens me. Even though it's probably a non-issue, it's the only doomsday scenario that truly scares the piss out of me. Nanite zombies are still zombies...you take them down like you might other zombies. But if the nanomachines start floating up into the air and congregate into some huge, self-replicating mass...well then what're you gonna do?

You idiots. Look what you've done. Now he's going to inadvertantly begin the zombie apocolypse while attempting to prevent it.

lol... Zombie Apocalypse - Yep, you're pretty much ****ed

Time to go jump on the Zombie forum i reckon

sorry for offense taken but,in horror films,who is 1st to die?the black man
soooo,look for demolition and firearm experts
I'm not just talking about any black man. I'm talking about a black man with a shotgun.

That kind of black men also tend to be firearm experts or demoguys.

What we don't need is a new rookie that wants to be the hero. Or women. Women always leave doors open or look in crevices any sane man would avoid.

Well, personally an assault rifle of some kind is my primary weapon, but my backup is always a zombocolypse.

Neurotoxin?

But then wouldnt the zombies also attack each other?

Oh noes we are doomed! And I live in Australia - there aren't any convenient firearms lying around :O

Can I be the comic relief?

Of course, I will get eaten sooner than anyone else.

Comic relief is always good.

Now we still need a total dick, and we're solid.

Now, you know why a zombie apocalypse could NEVER happen?

Contingency plan.

Those videos about parasites are cool, yet scary.

Back