Do you think weed is ok?

• No

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 58.3%

• Total voters
H

Hercules331

In reference to the other drug poll, I am wondering exact numbers of people who think weed is ok and people who do not think it is ok. No more bullsh*t arguing and pondering about hardcore drugs. Simple question here: Do you think weed (the gateway drug) is ok? EDIT: It seems people want to make circumstances and technicalities so let me specify- please vote based on whether you ultimately think weed is ok. Yes or no (No inbetween answers i.e: "Its ok once a week but no more"- If you reply with this then your vote should be "Yes". Are we clear?

No, im not talking about in moderation of 10 times a day. I am just asking ultimately- is it ok?

The_Monkey said:
Weed, just like tobacco, kills, so no.
More people die skiing. Are you against skiing?
Hercules331 said:
No, im not talking about in moderation of 10 times a day. I am just asking ultimately- is it ok?
Yes,. in moderation. Too much weed is bad for ambition, which leads to a lower quality of life. Not so good. But in moderation, its fine.

Oh dear - we've had a thread like this in, I think, the Politics forum. There was... unpleasantness, shall we say? But then the Politics forum can be an ugly ugly place...
Personally I don't get on very well with weed, so I don't smoke it. However I don't really have a problem with it, per se. I'm not so sure that it is certainly a gateway drug; kids would probably have a drink or smoke cigarettes first - does that make nicotine and alcohol gateway drugs?
I cannae be bothered to post my entire feeling on the subject right now, as I'm feeling awfully lazy.
However I will say this: Strap on some flame-retardent clothing; things are going to hot up in here...

OK, who said gateway drug? Who wants to debate about that? Aye *puts up debating fists* it's BS like that that keeps prohibition ongoing.

f|uke said:

Good point. But when you smoke weed/tobacco you also harm those around you, that doesn't happen in the same extend when skiing.

burner69 said:
OK, who said gateway drug? Who wants to debate about that? Aye *puts up debating fists* it's BS like that that keeps prohibition ongoing.
The thing with weed is that it's most people's first experience with illegal substances, which is probably for the best - if I met someone whose first drug experience was cocaine or something, I'd be deeply shocked.
The reason for this is that it's less dangerous than most drugs and is more readily available. The vast majority of people who smoke dope do not become hardcore drug users in the same way that the vast majority of drinkers are not alcoholics.

The_Monkey said:
Good point. But when you smoke weed/tobacco you also harm those around you, that doesn't happen in the same extend when skiing.
I'm willing to be proven wrong, but as far as I know, weed is not as carcenogenic as tobacco is. Certainly, if it was legalised, regulated and more pure than the weird sh*t that gets put is hash or whatever then the potentially carcenogenic effects of cannabis would be lessened.

Everyone read my edit please ^^^^. And burner- do not get offtopic about whether or not it is the gateway drug. This is no place for that argument.

Hercules331 said:
In reference to the other drug poll, I am wondering exact numbers of people who think weed is ok and people who do not think it is ok. No more bullsh*t arguing and pondering about hardcore drugs. Simple question here: Do you think weed (the gateway drug) is ok? EDIT: It seems people want to make circumstances and technicalities so let me specify- please vote based on whether you ultimately think weed is ok. Yes or no (No inbetween answers i.e: "Its ok once a week but no more"- If you reply with this then your vote should be "Yes". Are we clear?

I'm sorry,you brought it up. And with it being BS I figure it needed correcting. Do you always force your threads to go down the line you want? Making accusations and then not allowing a debate about it?

Yes. I don't see a problem with it so long as it is used in moderation done in an appropriate environment (ie. You can't get toked up while on the job).

I say "no". Self-destructive, weak people use drugs…useless people. But these people should continue using drugs that way they eliminate themselves quicker.

The_Monkey said:

I'm sure more people have died from accidents involving other skiers than have died from passive joint smoke. Though I couldn't say for sure.

DoctorGordon said:
I say "no". Self-destructive, weak people use drugs…useless people. But these people should continue using drugs that way they eliminate themselves quicker.
Would you say the same of cigarettes or alcohol?

f|uke said:

Oh my gosh, yes you're right, we must ban skiing. Bloody skiers only care about themselves, think of what would happen if one of them hits a small child. Skiing, and especially snowboarding, should be banned immediately.

:rolling: :E

i hate weeds, they ruin my garden and they just dont go away.
You know that stuff where they say it kills the roots so the dont come back? well, it doesnt work, so dont waste your money.

and in reference to it harming others around you, normally unless your one of those i drink before 10 o clock ALARM BELLS ppl, you woudl be smokin weed socially eg in a group of mates who also wish to smoke the stuff so would you really be harming your mates when they are a bout to take a lungful aswell ?

DoctorGordon said:

A bit prejudice there buddy.
So I'm a loser am I? I should be eliminated?
Want to explain why I'm at university getting a degree? Want to explain why I was employee of the month, and best employee at customer relations during my work over my gap year?

Weak people indeed. I could equally turn around and say anyone who dosen't have the balls to try something is a weak person,but I won't, it's a matter of preferance whether you do drugs or not, and if you want to be a prick and just resort to fact-less name calling, go ahead - you're just showing what a weak minded, uninformed idiot you are.

f|uke said:
More people die skiing. Are you against skiing?Yes,. in moderation. Too much weed is bad for ambition, which leads to a lower quality of life. Not so good. But in moderation, its fine.

First of all, I don't think weed is ok. I voted no.

Second. LOL. Its said that you are more likely to be struck by lightning than attacked by a shark, but these shark attacks that are in the news... they aren't dangerous are they? Hahahaha.

Razor said:
Oh my gosh, yes you're right, we must ban skiing. Bloody skiers only care about themselves, think of what would happen if one of them hits a small child. Skiing, and especially snowboarding, should be banned immediately.

:rolling: :E

You seem to have missed the entire point. And just reinforced the pro-drug argument in the process, well done.

oh, really sorry guys. I thought you meant garden weeds. That'll teach me to read the whole thread first. I feel a bit stupid now..

but i am against drugs.

Do u think eating 100 times aday is ok? no i dont....

So you think eating is wrong then?

burner69 said:
You seem to have missed the entire point.
Yes he did, as did Raziaar.

Of course nobody is against skiing. Of course thats ridiculous. And yet, skiing is more harmfull then smoking weed.
(And it does put those around you at risk; your fellow skiiers, as collisions do happen)

burner69 said:
I'm sorry,you brought it up. And with it being BS I figure it needed correcting. Do you always force your threads to go down the line you want? Making accusations and then not allowing a debate about it?

What is the question at the top of this poll? Oh yeah, its Do you think weed is ok?- NOT Do you think weed is the gateway drug? So now maybe you will understand where this topic is supposed to be going...

I love debating drugs.
The amount of people you see who's only argument is something along the lines of "Drugs are bad.. mmkay" "Drugs are for losers" "Drugs are for mugs" "My mate once got high and hit someone"
You'll notice a void of any actual evidence, an inability to believe anything new told to them about drugs, and the firm conviction that anyone who is pro-drugs wants their kids jacking up asap, wants everyone to take drugs, and that they think they're cool.

Annoying, really.

burner69 said:
I love debating drugs. [...] Annoying, really.
I agree with you on both counts :LOL:. Thing is, you can get someone to debate just about anything.
Theres always someone with their own ideas who is all to happy to get judgemental about things.

Hercules331 said:
What is the question at the top of this poll? Oh yeah, its Do you think weed is ok?- NOT Do you think weed is the gateway drug? So now maybe you will understand where this topic is supposed to be going...

So what do you want? A thread that just states "yes" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "no" "no"

This is a place to debate, if you don't want to hear the pro-drugs people's side of the argument, don't put stupid remarks like "(the gateway drug)" and expect us to just leave it at that.

What would a mod say if I started a thread saying "Is the war in Iraq OK? (where we murder innocent people, force restrictions on food sale for our own profit, and lie to everyone about our purpose there) I don't want any opinions, just a yes or no - only I can put across my own personal opinion, cuz this is my thread."

EDIT: And wtf does ok mean? Does that mean smoking it is ok? Does that mean do we think it should be legalised? You've already said "I don't want to hear about 'in moderation' - just yes or no" You're blatently doing a typical prohibitionist style of attack and lumping all use of drugs into one category, which you blatently want the answer of 'no' to come up.

You start a thread and tell people not to debate in it, but put across your own opinions. Is this just a boat to get your anti-weed thoughts off your chest?

Weed= Bad. But this is coming from me who thinks alcohol should be banned. No drugs should be affecting my body apart from medical and natural

Fat Tony! said:
Weed= Bad. But this is coming from me who thinks alcohol should be banned. No drugs should be affecting my body apart from medical and natural

I'm sure somebody will come here saying that Marijuana is natural.

So let me just say, that i'm sure you guys dont just take the marijuana leaf and smoke it. You smoke the processed stuff, which isn't natural anymore.

Also. let me say that many things that are 'natural' in this world are unbelievably dangerous and deadly to human beings. For example, ephedrine.

I think weed is fine used in peoples own houses and at friends. I am willing to accept that people shouldnt be smoking it out on the streets.

burner69 said:
So what do you want? A thread that just states "yes" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "no" "no"

This is a place to debate, if you don't want to hear the pro-drugs people's side of the argument, don't put stupid remarks like "(the gateway drug)" and expect us to just leave it at that.

What would a mod say if I started a thread saying "Is the war in Iraq OK? (where we murder innocent people, force restrictions on food sale for our own profit, and lie to everyone about our purpose there) I don't want any opinions, just a yes or no - only I can put across my own personal opinion, cuz this is my thread."

EDIT: And wtf does ok mean? Does that mean smoking it is ok? Does that mean do we think it should be legalised? You've already said "I don't want to hear about 'in moderation' - just yes or no" You're blatently doing a typical prohibitionist style of attack and lumping all use of drugs into one category, which you blatently want the answer of 'no' to come up.

You start a thread and tell people not to debate in it, but put across your own opinions. Is this just a boat to get your anti-weed thoughts off your chest?

Lol I didnt say dont debate it. I said dont debate whether it is the gateway drug or not, (cause that is just a title some ppl use). If you dont think it is the gateway drug then thats fine. This poll is supposed to be a debate about peoples acceptance of the drug.

Raziaar said:
Also. let me say that many things that are 'natural' in this world are unbelievably dangerous and deadly to human beings. For example, ephedrine.
Ephedrine?! Oh man. Sure its killed a few people who took way too much of it. But 'unbelievably dangerous and deadly'? How about mushrooms or hemlock? Theres some natural killers for you.

When I say natural I mean things like adrenaline and stuff your body actually makes

burner69 said:
You seem to have missed the entire point. And just reinforced the pro-drug argument in the process, well done.

It was a sarcastic comment...

Hercules331 said:
Lol I didnt say dont debate it. I said dont debate whether it is the gateway drug or not, (cause that is just a title some ppl use). If you dont think it is the gateway drug then thats fine. This poll is supposed to be a debate about peoples acceptance of the drug.

And I was debating your acceptance that cannabis is a gateway drug, which you put across as fact.

f|uke said:
Ephedrine?! Oh man. Sure its killed a few people who took way too much of it. But 'unbelievably dangerous and deadly'? How about mushrooms or hemlock? Theres some natural killers for you.

Exactly. I'm just saying, that Epehdrine is one such drug marketed as natural, and can indeed harm the human body. Its linked to hundreds of deaths in the united states alone. And not by people who took way too much of it. Some people who took a single diet pill.

I'm just saying, that not everything that is natural, is perfectly safe.

Back