Does the Manipulator have ammo?

cH0WyUNf4T

Reaction score
So, does it? Or will we have unlimited manipulation of objects that can be..well, manipulated? I've heard it said that the manipulator is good for use if your ammo is running low, and there will certainly be advantages to using, and obstacles that can only be overcome by sing the manipulator. But if it has a limited amount of usage, perhaps a recharge feature, this will make it very different.

The only limitation is in the weight of the objects. Some items will be just too heavy to pick up.

this is ridiculous i think. a weapon like this should use at least power cells or something. valve obviously wants people to use the grav gun liberally as much as possible

I think it's good it doensn't have ammo. You could try and complete the whole game using just the manipulator lol.

If it had ammo it would take some of the fun away.

i'm looking forward to using the grav gun! but it is weird that such a powerful weapon doesnt require special batteries or something.

This was one of my major worries, hopefully it's balanced in such a way that the Manipulator can't be abused.

rrm said:
i'm looking forward to using the grav gun! but it is weird that such a powerful weapon doesnt require special batteries or something.

It has energizer batteries in it. Those are special. They keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and they never stop!

Didn't someone explain that it was some kind of shit drawing energy from the atmosphere itself?

rrm said:
this is ridiculous i think. a weapon like this should use at least power cells or something. valve obviously wants people to use the grav gun liberally as much as possible

huh? you think that is bad?! :imu:

Didn't someone explain that it was some kind of shit drawing energy from the atmosphere itself?
in that case then i'm gonna suck up all the atmosphere's energy with this baby

altough i'm not fully satisfied with that explanation

rrm said:
in that case then i'm gonna suck up all the atmosphere's energy with this baby

altough i'm not fully satisfied with that explanation

THen don't use it.

The minipulator has no ammo of any kind. It is made to simply have fun with :). If you think it needs ammo then mod it in when its released. Don't get mad! Get Glad!

Minerel said:
The minipulator has no ammo of any kind. It is made to simply have fun with :). If you think it needs ammo then mod it in when its released. Don't get mad! Get Glad!

They need a glad commercial with that new sticky stuff, where it contains the blast of a nuclear explosion just like it does the water splashes and stuff. lol.

Isnt the manipulator called the zero point gun? That might refer to it using zero point energy, Ive heard that there is enough zero point energy in a cup of cofee to boil all of earths oceans away...

hmm, zero point energy has to do with the wave states of atoms in the ground state of a potential. this weapon is obviously based on some sort of technology we can only dream of, since harnessing this residue energy at a zero ground state is impossible. w007 valve are geniuses

I think you jsut charge the gun up, there is a screenshot somewhere (official one) of Alyx with a manipultor in her hand ,it looks like she just picked it up from a booth of some sort before she is going to hand it to you.

hendrix13 said:
kurt cobain ur sig is true??, man that guy is rich!

yes its true lol. if i could b bothered theres as bigger list after Brad Pitt etc. but i couldnt b bothered to put it in my sig

Edit: Oprah's personal wealth exceeds 1billion USD , to put it in perspective of how much bill gates has got.

How about this:

Bill Gates makes approximately $500 per second. If he were to drop $400 on the ground, it wouldn't be worth the three seconds it would take him to pick it up.

That fact was true at one time. Probably not now, but damn close.

He used to be worth about 100 billion... now it's more like 40. Shame.

INSANE!..i nebver had an idea of how much money that bastard had...DAMN!
i guess those halo2 $125 million wouldn't make much difference to him,..damn its peanuts.

back on topic: I think VALVe wanted the manipulator gun in cuz they show off physics in source that way..

Glo-Boy said:
How about this:

Bill Gates makes approximately $500 per second. If he were to drop $400 on the ground, it wouldn't be worth the three seconds it would take him to pick it up.

i saw that one in an email once. With all that money he could buy a country and rename The United Gates of Billerica. Man i wish i could do that.

Glo-Boy said:
How about this:

Your actually wrong, his wealth exceeded 100billion in december of 1999, he has made money since then, not lost it.

I know alot about Bill Gates, done several essays on him when at school etc

Anyway on topic, wot were we talking about >?

oh yeah manipulator, it has no ammo , i think valve have stated this before , mayb it takes AA duracell batteries.....rechargable of course

EDIT: to who ever said anything about buying a country, he could buy a country and be the only man on it and be the 52nd richest country in the world. ahead of many

Anyway no more Bill Gates talk"!

you can lordoftheroot... just buy a small.. crappy state... for like $10 :D

I like having the Manipulator having no ammo. But i guess my biggest worry is that The maniputor will completly replace the crowbar later in the game but even that is not so bad.

S|<E|E+0N said:
I hope it can carry Heavy Steel piles or maybe the bodies..

It can. It was shown at E3 during the physics demo. They picked the guy up, spun him around and threw him in the water.

Personally, I can't wait for the manipulator. That's one of the best weapons to me. And who wants ammo for that....I can understand a machine gun or a standard weapon but not the manipulator. That would be like having you pick up gas to run the chainsaw in Doom 3.

I am quite sure the manipulator is powered by the tears of distraught fanboys.

Oh and also Bill Gates & wife are the largest personal donators to charity in the world. So for ****'s sake, shut up. What have you done the save the world today? Probably jack shit.

I just defended bill gates. The world will now end.

iannkt78 said:
It can. It was shown at E3 during the physics demo. They picked the guy up, spun him around and threw him in the water.

that wasnt the manipulator, that was some gun they made especially for the demo to show off the physics. I'm pretty sure the manipulator can't pick up bodies.

Back