Gabe: "Later on today we will be releasing..."

Harryz

Tank
Reaction score
Mr. Newell just posted this:

Hey guys,
This is just a mention to let you know that I'm still here and I won't be leaving Valve Software though it was great to see messages of support from HLFallout and Halflife2.net. As I've said many times in the past the community means a lot to us and for that you have our gratitude.

Later on today we will be releasing the usual weekly news update via Steam with further news on the Lost Coast and VAC2. I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention that Team Fortress 2 is still in development and we'll have a pretty big announcement to make about this in the coming months.

Thanks again,
Gabe Newell

Good news for all.:)

we saw the thread :X :D I'm so excited too, TEAM FORTRESS 2!

excuse my ignorance but is vac2=valve anti cheat?

jimbo118 said:
excuse my ignorance but is vac2=valve anti cheat?

yes.
its the next version.. hopefully it will rid the obvious cheaters at the minimum.

That's great to hear. Does Lost Coats have anything to do with the HL storyline?

not really, it's more of a side mission I believe.

ok thx,team fortress 2 wont be free right like cs?i doubt it,right?sry dont know much about it

pAiNtHeAsS said:
That's great to hear. Does Lost Coats have anything to do with the HL storyline?

I hope they find that Lost Coat. Some say he wore it, some say he put it on a coat-hanger.

Edit-

jimbo118 said:
ok thx,team fortress 2 wont be free right like cs?i doubt it,right?sry dont know much about it

IMO it won't be free, it just seems ethical. No confirmation yet though.

no d00d, it's the g-man's coat.

jimbo118 said:
No. 6char

tf2 is a whole new game, not a mod-turned game. they'll be less free about it than cs or dod or hl2dm.

Only two words could describe my happiness right now:
"**** YEAH!"
Could it be Valve joining on the April Fools bandwagon?

ray_MAN said:
Only two words could describe my happiness right now:
"**** YEAH!"
Could it be Valve joining on the April Fools bandwagon?

Wasn't gabes new singing advantures the vavle joke of 2005?

whats "lost coast"..

am i from a different world?.. :O, i havnt heared of this..

Maybe the April Fools joke will be that they will actually release Lost Coast and VAC2 tonight :bounce:

Lost Coast, is.... Where the G-Man puts you in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to do the right thing. See, 2 wrongs = a right, I knew it.
KoreBolteR, seriously, its what they call an ATI level, a level that only high spec computers can play, as it requires high spec computers, they are just bonus missions for fun, and may show new technology such as HDR

What if we have a lame comp, can we still play it? Ie. dx8 graphics card.

Is TF2 still 'realistic', more like CS than TFC? I heard that a couple of eyars ago but haven't heard anything since then.

Is this an April Fool's joke? I mean, TF2 is right up there with Duke Nukem Forever in terms of ludicrous reputation for never coming out. And he JUST HAD to announce it today, on April's Fools. :| :|

Why do I want to belive the whole news post is complete BS?

What I mean is that I belive Gabe didint even post that, HL2.net is playing us!

Dun dun dunnn?

-Alix

Xcellere said:
Is this an April Fool's joke? I mean, TF2 is right up there with Duke Nukem Forever in terms of ludicrous reputation for never coming out. And he JUST HAD to announce it today, on April's Fools. :| :|

Didn't it also get mentioned in that TV interview from a few days ago on the HDR?

And he JUST HAD to announce it today, on April's Fools
It wasn't announced on April Fools day smarty!
http://teamfortress2.sierra.com/

They just havn't talked about it for a long time why? They moved to the Source engine. No one new of the Source Engine and they wanted to keep it secret.

There ya go! It was announced a long time ago.

^^^I meant the announcement of a soon to be announcement, this is big news. The first in like 7 years.

Well, it's come towards the end of April 1st 2005 for us guys over in the UK. And I'd just like to say on behalf of the whole Halflife2.net staff:

APRIL FOOLS! :LOL:

Lots of love,
Chris_D
:)

Gabe Newell said:
You've been had...

:)

That's not very nice you know.. Some of these people have never even heard of April Fools. What about them, huh? The children, man, think of the children!

Back