My glasses broke.

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Man... this sucks. I woke up, started to clean them, and they just snapped near the bridge of the nose on the right side. Been cleaning them this way for years now...

So my astigmatism is so bad I can't do a damn thing without my eyes exploding in pain from the strain.

I can't even read what I'm typing here unless I am 4 inches away from the monitor.

That sucks dude. Don't you have any contact lenses to keep you going till you can get a new pair?

No. I don't own any contact lenses.

I guess the best option would be to go to an eyeglass repair place, rather than getting a whole new pair of glasses, even though my prescription is outdated(my dad sees better than me still... and we got our glasses at the same time).

It hurts just having my eyes open when I'm not wearing glasses... so much strain :(

The last time this happened, the last time my glasses broke, I was like 17... and I was working where my dad worked. He was on vacation in California to visit my grandpa because he was sick, and I had to spend an entire week doing data entry without my glasses on.

This exact same thing happened to me as well, a few years back. Really sucks being without your glasses when you require them to see anything at all. Hope you get a new pair soon!

At first I was like, why the **** are you assholes typing so large in my thread?

And then it clicked. :LOL:

I would advise not over-straining your eyes by looking at monitors, secondly, make a cheap fix, use selotape.

It looks nerdy but it will last you till you can go get your glasses fixed. Sucks about your eyes, have you considered contact lenses or laser correction surgery, or is your condition a total shit-dump and leaves you boned?.

I'm not going to be able to tape these together. :( I can't get it all stabilized let alone get tape on it.

You could always pop out the lenses and use them as monacles.

lol @ eejit ..the rest of you are bandwagon jumpers :E

raziaar, couldnt you just go back to where you got the frames and say "oy, your frames are flimsy pieces of crap!" and demand a replacement? but not too worry, vision is overated anyways; now you have an excuse to meet hot girls

"excuse me, I broke my glasses but can you read this map for me"

/stares down hottie's top

actually I'm serious, a friend of mine used that line all the time and managed to pick up quite a few girls that way ..it's non confrontational, the girls in question dont suspect it's a ruse and they're open to a conversation because they feel like they helped someone

man you gotta learn to turn negatives into positives

I would be so ****ed if my glasses broke. Sitting like a foot away from the monitor I cant even read the large text. Dont you have an old pair you could use as backups?

Raziaar I just saw another guy on another forum with the same avatar as you!!

Raziaar I just saw another guy on another forum with the same avatar as you!!

:eek: Crazy.

And no Krynn... last pair of glasses I owned was years and years ago, and they broke, which is why I got this new pair and this new prescription.

I'll just have to wait until I can get a ride to an eyeglass frame repair place I guess.

I'm going to go listen to the TV on my bed with my eyes closed. The eye strain is just too much.

:(

but not too worry, vision is overated anyways; now you have an excuse to meet hot girls

they just look hot because your vision is so impaired. It's like beer goggles.

"now you have an excuse to sleep with ugly girls" is the way I'd put it.

well no ..when you ask them to check out the map, you check them out so you're absolutely sure they're hot

Dude, seems like you have fairly poor sight. I mean, I wear glasses, but I can read this perfectly. Well, not perfectly, but...

Oh man I fear how bad my eyes will be in 5 years. Even right now (at 14) I can only be at the most maybe a metre away from the screen without needing to strain my eyes. But I have contacts, so i'm okay. Have you ever though about getting them? They really are handy.

goatsemf9.jpg

Raziiar:
goatse1.jpg

Eat them, and your vision problems shall be gone!

I don't think duct tape will fix this. It's not in a convenient spot.

Plus getting these lenses in place while I tape it all up will be impossible.

My clear vision is only 6 inches in front of my nose without my specs/contacts so your all softies.

My clear vision is only 6 inches in front of my nose without my specs/contacts so your all softies.

Mine is worse as I've said... I can't really read things unless I'm about four inches away from them. Or if they're in super large script, but then the distance is still proportional based on the font size.

My vision is so horrible, I can't even see the big E clearly if I'm 1 foot away.

If you went to Specsavers, you could have recieved an extra pair free

You should have gone to Specsavers

I like pears.

Edit: Why don't we all type like this - it's far easier to read. And it makes more use of my 24" monitor!

My frames are wonky from the amount of times I've thrown my glasses when I'm really angry. I should probably stop doing that because it won't be long until they properly break, and then I'll be in the shit because I don't have a spare pair.

My frames are wonky from the amount of times I've thrown my glasses when I'm really angry. I should probably stop doing that because it won't be long until they properly break, and then I'll be in the shit because I don't have a spare pair.

Spare glasses, that's a damn good idea :O

Bust out the tape? Not everyone hates Harry Potter...although I kinda do.

Spare glasses, that's a damn good idea :O

Yeah, i really should go back to my opticians to get a spare pair. The only thing is I'm not sure if I'd have to pay for them. I can't remember if, or how much, I payed for my original pair. :|

I broke my glasses about four years ago and haven't worn them since. I just squint when I need to recognize somebody.

Back