Ne1 tried Half life Source?

VodkA-HLC-

Reaction score
It says hlsource just released. I bought bronze so Anyone tried it yet and how is it?

Can't get it to work...I have it DLed and in properties it still says I need to update it and that I only have 95% of it. When I try to load it it gets stuck on a loading screen. I'm getting pissed.

I had a go at them all b4 i left. both DoD:s and HL:s are gr8.
#

godmodeOn said:
Can't get it to work...I have it DLed and in properties it still says I need to update it and that I only have 95% of it. When I try to load it it gets stuck on a loading screen. I'm getting pissed.

I am having the same problem. At first I liked Steam, but this is BS...

Edit: Actually, it looks like it is still updated it for some reason, even though it said it finished before...wierd...

KurtCobain said:
I had a go at them all b4 i left. both DoD:s and HL:s are gr8.
#

DOD:S is still showing as Coming Soon for me.

mine still says 670 mins to go.. and i got 1.5 Mbs connection.. errrr

it stuck at loading for me. i had to reset my computer. Apparently it let me launch the game without a complete download. When i loaded steam again it finished the download and then it worked fine.

HL:S.....nothing great at all. In fact i played until the train reached the station and only saw a few better textures and such.

I played though a bit of HL:S. To the casual eye, it looks identical to HL... maybe a little shimmer here and there. The doors sound different. The load times are longer than normal HL. Framerates are obviously higher than HL2 on same settings.

It's slick fast by comparison to HL2, but I'd expect that given the poly count and texture resolutions.

I like the way you can pick up and play any chapter - it's good that Valve reliased 99% of people had played thorough the whole game at least 4 or 5 times :)

Best thing about HL1:S is pinning things to the wall with the crossbow :).

About updating problems: Steam's messed up because of the massive demand, at the moment. It'll be better later on.

Are the player and gun models diffrent? Does the shotgun and pistol look similar to the ones in HL2?

All the HL1 models are the same in HL:S Evidently they didn't even throw in the high-def models from Blue Shift, let alone replace the models with their HL2 counterparts. Too bad, but then, just as promised really. Fans will update the game further.

You only get HL:S with the Steam packages right? Us retail buyers are left out?

razorblade kiss said:
Haha, I bet you don't even have HL2. Cuz DOD:S isnt out yet.

U can create ur own server, just me messing around.

edit: Non dedicated server, fool

wait, so you can run aroundin a dod:s level if you start a dod:s server?

Mr Neutron said:
wait, so you can run aroundin a dod:s level if you start a dod:s server?

No you cant. DOD:S is still in the coming soon column. Which means all you can do is right click it and read news about. You cant launch it. Don't be fooled by this hooligan.

Back