No friends

Friends has been down almost since Steam was released.
VALVe is working on fixing it.

It'll rock when Steam 3 is released... but for now? Nah, it's hardly ever been working :|

it worked once for me

the 1st time I used it actually

yeah when i first started using steam 4 years ago, it worked for about a 1 year of so before f****** up.

Ahhh i was just a small thing when friends worked, gah those were good days. Its annoying because all my mates from school/ college on friends can never see people playing, so ruins the fun we used to have. Easy to just right click 'join game' style. You may counter that with 'xfire' but its a bother, and several of people i know get confliction between xfire and steam. Seriously whats is it about friends, that makes it THAT hard to fix?

I've used Steam while I was playing HL2. It's also great to use it for Sven Co-op.
Seriously whats is it about friends, that makes it THAT hard to fix?
If you think it's so simple, sent an email to Valve ;)

Hectic Glenn said:
Seriously whats is it about friends, that makes it THAT hard to fix?
Except that it's coded around UDP instead of TCP, which means a lot of netcode re-writing... nothing.
:rolleyes:

Hmm, i think i need to read a lot on coding and stuff as i don't have a clue what you just said lol

Friends works about once out of every 500 times you try it. Xfire ftw.

It works for me once in a while, but it never works when everybody elses worked :p

Maybe Valve should consider entering into some kind of partnership with Xfire.

It used to work before very awesomely. It was nice because then you can just join a game with one of your friends and stuff... Then it started acting up, where I would add a friend, but it wouldn't list that person... Then it stopped connecting. When Friends comes back, it will be awesome.

Back