Who wants to make a MOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smawg

Reaction score
I was just curious

Who out there reading this is capable of coding or, modeling, skinning,
sound, music?

And if you are looking for help making a MoD, please reply and give us your MoD info.
Cause I plan on making a MoD too. And it's going to be the most
realistic MoD ever, I promise you that.
Trust me I know what im doing.

Be creative!

Over n' Out

P.S. I did some Flash animations and posted some here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/143347

Theres a forum section lower down from Generel Discussion, discussing a HL2.net community mod, why not check it out, i dont have the link off hand.

I am planning on makeing a Mod.
I plan to make a very cool mod. then putting it on steam for Free just to gain a reputation.
Then i plan to make an even better one with new technology hopefuly. And selling the sequel to my mod over steam, for $1.

AWESOME flash skills that was the best little mini flash movie i have watched

More details

More details man, I wanna hear details, whats the story, whats the gameplay

what do you plan on having, what do you want to have?

More = Interesting...

you guys follow the trends too much,, my mod takes a turn in the other direction,, it's gonna suck,,,

look out for pirates selling jukeboxes 2004 in 2006 :D

A select few of these new mods are going to be more fun because they're just different, not because they'll actually be any more fun. Meh, I've not thought much about modding. I plan to do per-job contracted models and skins and stuff for a few folks, then maybe make a partial conversion of my own later on.

I could be intrested on modelling some (3dsmax) in a no profit mod..but please let us know some more details. Like what's it all about..

I have current design documents on my computer I have been working on, but hardly anyone knows about most of them. I am going to try and develope as much material for my own mod as I can then bring in people later on. Its only a side project, obviasly it will not be very good. My main project is with Corporate Anarchy.

I'm capable of coding, but i'm going to be working on my own project; Resonance, a space combat mod.

shush, i'm cabable of coding (see illuminati-fighter alpha movie) and kicking your ass at cs :p

cool

ok gl with the mod, i wanna start modding where is the easiest place to start ? coding , modelling , skinning etc . plz give me some info my email = [email protected] no spam plz , btw i studied c++ for 2 days b4 :D

hope mod comes out well , and ures 2 onions

mapping is probably the easiest way in. i started by messing with worldcraft, got into code eventually, and now i can do all fields! though i suck at everything but coding :)

code is the most satisfying and important field in my opinion, but i'm sure there are hordes of angry mappers out there that will disagree and trigger_hurt my face ;(

of course, but it's still the easiest way in :)
familiarises you with what the entities can do, and as such a reasonable idea of what is possible in a mod

Onions said:
code is the most satisfying and important field in my opinion, but i'm sure there are hordes of angry mappers out there that will disagree and trigger_hurt my face ;(

ROFL!

i know a bit about mapping, and a bit about modelling, and a teenie-weenie bit of coding... hehe... (like... nothing...)

so i guess im pretty useless :D :naughty:

I don't know if you have teamed up with another mod, but The Forgotten War is looking for some people. Here is all of the info I am going to release at this time. If you are interested, please email me, and I will send the rest.

About:
The Forgotten War, takes place in the war torn Korea, shortly after the Northern forces began their campaign for the South. This MOD, will have both Singleplayer and Multiplayer (with more emphasis on the Multiplayer behalf). In the Singleplayer, the player will start their tour of duty on the Inchon Landing, the famed invasion of the Inchon harbor, to cut the North Korean supply lines (commanded by General MacArthur). The player will then follow the battles of the Korean War, using many weapons of the US army, ranging from the innovative Jet Aircraft from the era, to many tanks. The multiplayer will have a slight resemblance to the system put forth by Battlefield 1942, with the massive battles, using all types of vehicles to help win the war. However, the style of combat will be no comparison, as the fact that this MOD will be solely for the HL2 engine. The multiplayer maps will have many of the battles from the Singleplayer, as will as unique to the Multiplayer, which happened during and prior to the Inchon invasion. We are striving to maintain the same professionalism that is already instated into the HL2 engine, and have very interactive environments, and very creative classes for the players to choose from, such as the Guerilla for the NK, which can steel enemy uniforms from their victims to con their enemy, dress like a civilian (which the UN Forces will have to save), or commence on suicide attacks.

COMMUNIST GROUND VEHICLES:
Tanks:
T34/85
IS-2

Self-Propelled Guns:
SU-76M

Special:
CA-30 Fuel Truck

Scout:
Ural M72

UNITED NATIONS GROUND VEHICLES:
Tanks:
M4A3E8
M-26
M-46 Patton

Self-Propelled Guns
M41 155mm
M19 Duster

Special
M16 Halftrack

Scout:
WC56 Command Car

COMMUNIST AIRCRAFT:
Fighters:
MiG 15
IL-28
YAK-9P
IL-10

Bombers:
Lavochkin La-9

UNITED NATIONS AIRCRAFT:
Fighters:
F-80 Shooting Star
F-84 Thunderjet
F-86 Sabre
F-94A/B

Bombers:
B-26 Invader

Helicopters:
HO3S Dragon Fly
Bell H-13 MASH

To maintain the realism of the HL2 engine, we will have two main gameplay types: Combat and Dogfight. The Combat will feature regular combat with all the vehicles mentioned, but the Aifcraft will be AI controlled, and called in by a certain class. It will have sub-modes inside of it. The Dogfight mode will pit the two air powers against each other in a Dogfight style play, where the team must destroy the opposing team’s base. There will be minimal ground combat here. This will preserve the HL2 detail.

Our site is currently down, and it will be back up once our modeling has a dent into it so we have some more content to show.

You can contact me by either email or AIM.
Email: [email protected]
AIM: s1l3n7s7r1k3

Thanks,
Silent-Strike

Onions said:
of course, but it's still the easiest way in :)
familiarises you with what the entities can do, and as such a reasonable idea of what is possible in a mod
I KEEL YOU! :D

maybe straight up geometry manipulation, but when I map in UT2k3 I always end up coding (whoops I mean scripting :D)

I actualy learned to code first, then map, then model, then animate/rig (VERY badly)

mapping was both the easiest to learn a basic knowlege of, but also the hardest to do anything good... Optimizing the map for the engine is an art in itself, and I actually had to resort to code hacks on the compile tools (thank god for open source compile tools :D)

I'm probably gonna have to get more in depth with my coding for HL2, cause I know I'm gonna want to do something the entity set isn't capable of..

Of course if you want to be a decent mapper these days you must also be a modeller and skinner.

finally there's the intangible skill of balance and gameplay,, which a lot of people tend to overlook these days

I would say:
modeling is hard to do and gets easier
mapping is easy to do but very difficult to do well
codding is hard to learn but then easy to apply

Smawg said:
I was just curious

Who out there reading this is capable of coding or, modeling, skinning,
sound, music?

And if you are looking for help making a MoD, please reply and give us your MoD info.
Cause I plan on making a MoD too. And it's going to be the most
realistic MoD ever, I promise you that.
Trust me I know what im doing.

Be creative!

Over n' Out

P.S. I did some Flash animations and posted some here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/143347

Single palyer or Online? Or both? ;)

Does this mod have a theme yet or are you just getting people together.. because
we need a SWAT mod now that Swat: Urban Justice is canceled. Many ideas can come off that, many scenerios, live atmosphere, drug raids, hostage situation, bomb squads.. ect.

Hello Silent-Strike,

I'm the project leader for The Forgotten War (Far Cry) and we have a division on Call of Duty as well. Our only request is that you change your name as to prevent confusion among the general public.

We have been around since early June of last year and we are in no way "just popping up".

You can find my contact details in my profile or you can call me at 318-470-2109 if it's an emergency.

http://www.theforgottenwar.com

Thank You,
Eric M. Pelezo

*Update: I just viewed your website; it seems you have taken every bit of information including ideas, vehicle information, etc and some of our site graphics. Please cease and desist.*

A public forum isn't the place for this. Take it private.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back