£$£ Money Thread!!! £$£

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
just out of interest, what salary do you get every week / month? do you spend loads of money? do you like to save money? or are you in £500 debt every month :LOL:

and dont forget to say what currency you get!!!

personally im still only 14 (nearly 15 :D ) so i only get £10 a week, but my parent give me more if i do lots of chores (i wouldnt do them otherwise ;) ).

I only spend money on DVDs and games really, and i order most off amazon.co.uk to save money. i have a bank account and a card, but all i can do is withdraw £££ with it. when im 16 i get to use it in shops i think :D .

i usually save lots of money, and i never just buy something for the sake of it. atm i have aboit £100, £30 of that is being kept for HL2- when it comes out.

so what about you?

get income from various sources. got a part time job in a bank, pulls in a couple of hundred quid a month. milestone payments are few and far between, but they have lots of zeros on the end ;)

generally save most of it so i can eventually buy a flat/house somewhere, not necessarily in london. unlike my other mates, i didn't learn to drive. so while they spent upwards of £300 on learning, i saved it, and while they're wasting their money on petrol, i save the money and get the cheap bus tickets (i know, i rely on london public transport far too much).

pretty much the only things i buy are games, music, dvds, paying for nights out, give the odd amount to charity when i can spare it.

Suicide42, when you're 16 you get an Electron card. to be blunt: it's shit. no highstreet stores take it. the only online store that takes it is amazon, so you're fine there. you're better off getting a switch/solo from HSBC when you turn 16. i think you get a cheque book too.

i bet someone will post a link to their paypal account for donations...

I get paid £32 a week, I don't pay tax, don't pay NI... I win :)

Crap job, but who cares tbh tbh.

Got a Solo card and a chequebook :D

I ref hockey and soccer.

For hockey it varies from anywhere between $50-150 a month Canadian, depending on how many games you do.

And soccer it is like $10-20 a game Canadian, depending on how many games you do.

I don't spend money very often. I try to save as much money as I can, but recently I bought a used gamecube from someone at school, a meal for my mom on mothers day ($40), and varies other small things. So now I think I'm below $300 in my account now...I had $500+ at the end of the hockey season.

I get $6.50 an hour and about $135 a week.

Woohoo for Subway *Ack*

(USD Currency)

Pendragon said:
though I've given money to charity on occassion (450 USD

u gave 450 dollars to charity? wow, thats really admirable. well done, i bet you must have made some people very happy :LOL:

dedalus said:
Suicide42, when you're 16 you get an Electron card. to be blunt: it's shit. no highstreet stores take it. the only online store that takes it is amazon, so you're fine there. you're better off getting a switch/solo from HSBC when you turn 16. i think you get a cheque book too.

:( no shopping sprees??? oh well, if amazon take them thatll be good. tbh i didnt really expect to get a real credit card till im 18, as i can see how loads of kids would do stupid things with their money.

I get $20 dollars a week Canadian from my parents. I realize that I am lucky to receive so much money in one week, but $10 of it goes into my bank account for future RRSP investing and the rest I get to use. I like to save my money and spend it on only something Im really intersested in and feel i will get a lot of time out of.

um, i get $3 a week?

credit cards are a waste of money if you ask me....the interest is sooo much. im gonna live off straight cash, maybe checks, but noooo credit cards for me. or loans, ill just save up for stuff in advance. i figure that way i can pay 15-20% less for stuff than all the other mofo's out there, and ill be 15-20% richer. except the 10% a month i give to charity, so 5-10% richer. hah.

this summer i will get a job or two(im looking at one real job(i can only work so many hours a month/day(im only 16), and maybe an under-the-table job for my friends dad), and hopefully ill also complete a $500 demolitions job($1500 total, me and two other guys) for a friend's mom. Then i'll spend all my money on a car(with a little help from my parents, i shouldn't have to take out a loan), and be just as broke as before(read=as i am now).

After taxes I make a whopping.... $191.40(US) every week.
Except for Friday I cleared $240.something because I worked overtime.
I donate to some charities whenever I have money. I have around $620 saved up
for my new comp! :) (and still saving :( )

I get paid about $90 or so a week for 2 days of work.....and $400+ a month..

Well i'm just a freshman in high school therfor i have no job.

I just make what money i can by babysitting, which usally averages $50 a month.

I'm not a big spender... I pay the bills and shizzle I need to, and the rest goes into the bank to be used when I do find something actually worth buying.

I get around 7-800 $ (Canadian :x) a month, but most of it goes to rent and food.

About $107 NZ a week, free money! \o/

Seriously though I'm getting a job... and if I keep it parttime I can stay on the benefit LOL win.

I get around nothing each week, with an exception of about £5 a week from my parents. I just cant be bothered to get a job + I would only waste it anyway. When you have very little amount of money you tend to know how to save it. Thank god for tesco value goods :p.

im 15, and get around £15 a week from my parents. £10 of it is lunch money, [with a stupidly high cost of food at school] and £5 is for me. hardly spent a penny of the £5ers for maybe 2 years, and ive saved up around £250 :cheers:

I'm 17 in August, and I get about £50 - £150 per week, depending on how many hours i work. I'm saving for an mp3 player, but I usually just blow it all on clothes and going out, etc. lol. I'll definitley buy HL2 when it comes out though!

I get ~£170 á month from the government to help my studies.

I own my own company, so my income is based on commissions and not a set salary. So far this year for the first two quarters, we're sitting at about $184,000. Our projected totals for 2004 should push us just beyond $500,000. That will be roughly an increase of $225,000 from 2003. I'd like to hit the $1 million mark within the next five years. Just have to keep working.

That's all US currency too, fyi.

Steelwind said:
I own my own company, so my income is based on commissions and not a set salary. So far this year for the first two quarters, we're sitting at about $184,000. Our projected totals for 2004 should push us just beyond $500,000. That will be roughly an increase of $225,000 from 2003. I'd like to hit the $1 million mark within the next five years. Just have to keep working.

That's all US currency too, fyi.

I'll marry you :eek:

Im 17, and im from sweden (the fact you need to know).

I get 122,87 USD every month for being in school (Called Studiebidrag in Swedish, everyone over... 16 i think gets it), i also work from times to times... that gives me 103,47 USD per day. Its not a normal job, i like work 2 days there... then some months after that, 10 days and so on.

Im planing to get a real job this summer but im too lazy :)

I'm about £900 overdrawn, but someone owes me £370.

I'm 20 and I'm a student.

Nothing! ;(

I'm 17 in full time college, and not getting a penny

Im 17, and im from sweden (the fact you need to know).

I get 122,87 USD every month for being in school (Called Studiebidrag in Swedish, everyone over... 16 i think gets it)
I get ~£170 á month from the government to help my studies.

Are people in sweden lazy then or does everyone invest in swiss chocolate :p.
I think they are thinking of doing in the Uk but only for lower income familys. Damn! They also get money off for going to uni. :( But i suppose its fair in the end its hard to get off the ground when you have less money.

Fat Tony! said:
Are people in sweden lazy then or does everyone invest in swiss chocolate :p.
I think they are thinking of doing in the Uk but only for lower income familys. Damn! They also get money off for going to uni. :( But i suppose its fair in the end its hard to get off the ground when you have less money.

People are always complaining about the taxes... but the funny thing is... we get almost everything back :D

I get about $600 a month. I spend it mostly on musical instruments and computer stuff. I also give about $60 a month to charity.

I get about $365 (Australian) per fortnight (include rent assistance) from the government (I'm a fulltime student), and I work part-time every fortnight and get about $167 from that. I can't wait to get a real job though - not that I'm against people getting benefits from governments - but it's a personal goal of mine to be completely self-sufficient by the time I'm 21. Most of the money goes towards rent and bills, but I'm slowly trying to save up for a brand new computer.

ps: if you're in South Australia, go to BankSA, and get a Multi Access card...you can make unlimited fee-free eftpos transactions by choosing the credit account :D

Bad^Hat said:
About $107 NZ a week, free money! \o/

Seriously though I'm getting a job... and if I keep it parttime I can stay on the benefit LOL win.

dol bludjer

Hehe :thumbs:

i earn bout $300 (australian) bucks a fortnight

Back