¹ weekly movie: preseason de_nuke

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Hi all. I am Hofflerand of Team lil1. *waves to his many supporters (Aftermath and avE)*

Okay, so this is the idea. Two members of lil1, Asuka and Zan, have been planning for some time now a weekly wrapup of our CAL matches, like 3D's Week In Review. Each movie will be five to ten minutes of highlights from our matches. We feel that this will help us to achieve two goals: number one, few have heard of lil1 and hopefully this will help to get our name out there, and number two, we will be giving back to the community.

(If you are bored of reading and just want the movie, this is probably a good point to skip to the mirrors at the bottom of the post.)

Giving back to the community is very important to us. When Zan, Asuka, and I played on Team exidence throughout 1.6, we were not part of the community at all. We did not ever read the CAL forums, or even know the top teams of each season. This has been changing slowly ever since we switched to Source, but our weekly wrapup is our first real step out of the closet, so to speak. ;) We hope to take many more through other initiatives that we are planning at this time.

About the team:
Zan "allah<zan>" Farooq- Zan was a member of Asuka's and my first CAL team, GrandMa, in 1.5. Two seasons later, he joined us in exidence and has been with us ever since. He is an example of loyalty that one rarely witnesses in the community.

Zan truly found his game after the switch to Source, but suffers online like much of the community because of extremely low fps. Still, this does not stop him from keeping up with the team and on lan he is simply a beast.

Xiao "eNetik" Lin-- Xiao has been a friend of the team for a long time. He attended the same high school as Zan, Pat, Val, and I. He only recently purchased a computer that could support Source, but has been a welcomed addition ever since. This is his first season playing with us, but he is a perfect fit so I am sure he will continue to play well.

Matthew "Palatro" Kaun- Matthew is our Canadian buddy from #Africa tenmans. I have always wondered why he has never been on a really good team because his frag ability is superb. As we are an NYC lan team, he does not start, but I can assure you it is not because of a lack of skill.

Patrik "RAGE" Korda- The star of preseason thus far! :p Patrik only started playing CS during late 1.6 which shows that it is not practice that makes perfect, but perfect practice. He played on Source season two exidence, but the energy just was not good; the team argued every time we played together so we broke up. It was his idea to start lil1, and thankfully things are different this time.

Stephen "Hofflerand" Smith- Me. I became obsessed with CS after playing it for the first time at a dust 24/7 lan center back in 1.3, and have played it far too much since then! One thing I get a lot of enjoyment out of is helping players who have not played the game very long gain experience. I am currently helping a team comprised of friends of mine, #team-sensory, through their first season of CAL. They are a great bunch of guys.

Valentin "Asuka" Takvorian- Valentin Kevork Takvorian. I met this friendly Bulgar at the dust 24/7 lan center that I mentioned earlier. Val's seven year old brother screamed at my friend who played under the name "isuck," that he sucked. Unluckily for him, my friend happened to be sitting right behind him. isuck promptly crammed a large quantity of his shoulder-length hair into his mouth, tapped Val's brother on the back, and began screaming (or grunting, whatever) as loudly as he could. And so we have been friends ever since.

About the creation of the movie:
The movie was, and the future ones will be, created through a joint effort by Zan and Val. Val does much of the leg-work by creating the clips, and then Zan puts them together with music, syncing, etc. Basically, they both put a lot of effort to make this in two-three days while the rest of the team lazed around. They would appreciate your critiques very much.

I am sure many will notice that there is virtually no footage of Xiao and Zan. I suppose this is because neither thinks he did anything very good, but I know this is not true. Next week, I assure you that they will be featured whether they like their games being in the spotlight or not.

Alright, that about wraps it up. GG to the team we played in the movie, Thug. I am sure they will rank high this season as long as they do not let one stupid loss get to them and play to their potential.

Mirrors:
FileFront Mirror
FileFactory Mirror
hollerlujuah Mirror

Weekly Bonus clips: If you liked the movie, you dont want to miss these.
FileFront Mirror
FileFactory Mirror

-

(Friend typed that up. Im Asuka btw)

Back