1 hour and counting

Wow I never knew that trick Daiceman! Much thanks : )

As for HL2, I really, really hope they throw us some sort of a bone... After misleading us and all...

And to think, a few weeks ago I was watching the calender like a hawk waiting for this day to arrive.

What an anticlimax. Is it just me or is everyone's excitment for the game deflated like mine? I mean I'm still gonna buy it, and I'm still active on this forum, but it almost seems like I can live with the wait.

Valve really wasn't fair to it's fans with the 6 day bombshell.

The funny thing is I was placing my preoder for Max Payne 2 today at Gamestop and I talked to manager. As cliche as this sounds, he said that he was in a PC game seminar (ie future games, graphics and features) and a guy from Valve (yes Valve not Vivendi) really did do a presentation of the E3 footage for them.

He said the Valve guy said then (like more than 3 weeks ago) that they weren't going to make a 9/30 release and that they'd try for the holidays, if not early next year.

Now this is all old news, but I remember people posting about their 'EB guy' telling about what I just posted. They got flamed of course, but it was true.

It just pisses me off even more that Valve knew about the delay around the time Doug was lying his ass off in Europe, and deliberately kept us in the dark with lies floating around in our heads.

Originally posted by RhapSidious
And to think, a few weeks ago I was watching the calender like a hawk waiting for this day to arrive.

What an anticlimax. Is it just me or is everyone's excitment for the game deflated like mine? I mean I'm still gonna buy it, and I'm still active on this forum, but it almost seems like I can live with the wait.

Valve really wasn't fair to it's fans with the 6 day bombshell.

The funny thing is I was placing my preoder for Max Payne 2 today at Gamestop and I was talked to manager. As cliche as this sounds, he said that he was in a PC game seminar (ie future games, graphics and features) and a guy from Valve (yes Valve not Vivendi) really did do a presentation of the E3 footage for them.

He said the Valve guy said then (like more than 3 weeks ago) that they weren't going to make a 9/30 release and that they'd try for the holidays, if not early next year.

Now this is all old news, but I remember people posting about their 'EB guy' telling about what I just posted. They got flamed of course, but it was true.

It just pisses me off even more that Valve knew about the delay around the time Doug was lying his ass off in Europe, and deliberately kept us in the dark with lies floating around in our heads.

I totally agree..

they should of told us earlier that it will be delayed!!!:flame: :flame:

Hopefully ATLEAST a bench mark comes out today... /me prays

I hope it gets delayed to december or 2004, then it will have no bugs, and will have the best optimizations.

I already have HL2, philosophically speaking. In theory at least.

Originally posted by dawdler
I already have HL2, philosophically speaking. In theory at least.

I need to get to the same astroplane your on.

/me meditates:smoking:

Originally posted by RhapSidious
That would suck for you if you were serious.

no joke at all. imagine, being excited as hell for the game, and then the night before sept.30th , going on a random forum and finding out theres been a delay all along...that would suck! and with the numerous amounts of HL fans who dont hang out on internet forums, thats pretty much the case for alot of them....tomorrow, many hearts will be broken;(

Originally posted by Bandages
no joke at all. imagine, being excited as hell for the game, and then the night before sept.30th , going on a random forum and finding out theres been a delay all along...that would suck! and with the numerous amounts of HL fans who dont hang out on internet forums, thats pretty much the case for alot of them....tomorrow, many hearts will be broken;(

No doubt, (dramatic pause) no doubt.

idiots. if for some reason it wasn't delayed and it wasn't going to come out till the 30th, don't you think it'd already be sent to the stores and not have valve send them out at 12am.

monkey

Originally posted by rndhotdog
idiots. if for some reason it wasn't delayed and it wasn't going to come out till the 30th, don't you think it'd already be sent to the stores and not have valve send them out at 12am.

monkey

What the hell are you babbling about?

Nothing will be released. Even if something WAS release it wouldn't be until at LEAST 9 am pst.

Going to be a long night for some people I suspect....not me though...I got work...

I'd take a spit in the face from valve if right after they told me another hopeful date for HL2.

its 12:10 PST here, nothing gonna happen tonight... maybe tommarow but Valve is being really disrespectful to their fans right now so don't expect any new news.

Originally posted by Ki||tacular
its 12:10 PST here, nothing gonna happen tonight... maybe tommarow but Valve is being really disrespectful to their fans right now so don't expect any new news.

Yeah, they should call the book on the making of HL2, 'The two sides of Valve'. On one hand they answer emails, give Spitcodfry a tour, and on the other they don't give a shit about how we feel at all. A month notice would have been the proper approach.

The've got us leveraged and they know it.

Back