100 ideas for Half-Life 3

50. More DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
51. More Barney (Beers?)
52. More Alyx (Romance?)
53. More narrative-type sequences (Black Mesa East, Tram-Ride, etc.)
54. More large scale battles (outside bank/museum with combine+strider attack being the prime example in HL2)

56. Much better explosions. I want some serious Saving Private Ryan effects, with glass and rubble, and thick smoke exploding all over the place. I also thing you should be able to blow more stuff up - I think I just want more violence.

Yeah, much more blood and gore and innocent people getting their faces caved in. They should also have children that you can shoot.

57. I hope it will have alot of levels and will be longer than any HL and games combined. a max of 60 hrs of gameplay is what I am expecting.

Sid Burn said:
57. I hope it will have alot of levels and will be longer than any HL and games combined. a max of 60 hrs of gameplay is what I am expecting.

Expecting? Hahaha.

Never gonna happen bud. Unless you want to see the game come out in 2020.

giant384 said:
38.long chapter load times instead of smalle 1min loads in game

The question is "What caused the long loading times in such small maps?". Max Payne2 had impressive maps and they pulled off loading times pretty well. My moneys on the 3D sky boxes for some strange reason

im not to sure but ive heard it has to like load the whole thing from memory or hardrive i forget

58. physics+AI+animation= NPC's/Enemies that 'make up' their own animations/movements depending on context. They are able to figure out how to climb up/get around obstacles based on physical properties (and look natural doing it). It's like a more advanced combination of HL2's striders (which figured out how to duck under bridges) and Spore's character creation system that produces believable walking/attacking/whatever animations for any type of creature- on the fly.

59. A.I. similar to Farcry thats the best u can get sometimes its even hard on easy

59. The multiplayer matches should have bots in it. that way, the game will have an almost endless replay value.

Sid Burn said:

You gotta be joking :p

I'd love that, but it ain't gonna happen.

60. A new villain, one of awesome as Breen.

61) A giant upgraded version of Dog that you can ride or pilot ^^

giant384 said:
59. A.I. similar to Farcry thats the best u can get sometimes its even hard on easy
I haven't played Farcry but Combine AI is brilliant as is, anyone who has tested it will agree with me.

62. DYNAMIC LIGHTNING WITH REALISTIC SHADOWS!

HL2 has very crappy shadows :(

63. More of a challenge (HL2 was far to easy for the most part)
64. No more st-st-stutters. Even when there's an explosion (I know, I'm asking to much!)
65. Stronger sub plots/tasks (Like in the first game. The tentacle thing in the missle silo for example)
66. Better weapons (The HL2 SMP felt a bit weedy. We need a bit more kick).
67. Gibbing/Friendly fire (Already been mentioned but we need this back. The ability to kill your mates was a burst :devil:)
68. More Alien worlds/weapons (Going off worls in the first game completely changed the feel of HL. I missed that in HL2 a bit).

69. Less of an on-rails structure to the game (Apart from Doom3 I don't think I've ever felt quite so on-rails as with HL2. There's a world beyond the game but it's all an illusion. The ability to explore that world further & the need to do some in some cases would create a more involving game world).

dogboy73 said:
63. More of a challenge (HL2 was far to easy for the most part)
64. No more st-st-stutters. Even when there's an explosion (I know, I'm asking to much!)
65. Stronger sub plots/tasks (Like in the first game. The tentacle thing in the missle silo for example)
66. Better weapons (The HL2 SMP felt a bit weedy. We need a bit more kick).
67. Gibbing/Friendly fire (Already been mentioned but we need this back. The ability to kill your mates was a burst :devil:)
68. More Alien worlds/weapons (Going off worls in the first game completely changed the feel of HL. I missed that in HL2 a bit).

I totally agree with 65. Absolutley.

Could someone please tell me whether anyone on the Valve team look at these forums daily? They could pick up some really interesting ideas for many things they are producing.

It is possible, but I doubt it. I'm guessing they did the 20 questions like they did at the end of hl. A guarantee. They probably look all over, but some of the suggestions are just totally stupid anyway.

Valve always listen to the community. Like all good developers do

ríomhaire said:
I haven't played Farcry but Combine AI is brilliant as is, anyone who has tested it will agree with me.

combine A.I. is to simple almost scripted and in farcry they call for help move out of the way and stuff like that combine just stand there and shoot or go behind something to reload

giant384 said:
combine A.I. is to simple almost scripted and in farcry they call for help move out of the way and stuff like that combine just stand there and shoot or go behind something to reload
they do alot more than that my friend ;). Although it is semi-scripted ;(.

Sorry.
70: A hydra and just as you see it a gate closes infront of it and Barney says "wooo, you can't go in there Gordon"

Foebane said:
5. Not to take place in a big city, but in a vast research facility in the desert. :p
6. Feature a trip into Combine space's heartlands, tackling the big Combine boss on his own territory.
Not to take place in a big city of Eastern Europe, or in a vast research facility in the desert,but just in a little town in Highland or a haunted castle,in Mid-age... :rolleyes:
Just like Might & Magic...

71. Ninja Bears that can shoot laser beams out of their eyes.

74. Unreal 3 or better gfx.
75. Very long 30 hours. (Hl2 was long enough but i always wanted games to be insanely long)
76. Even more complex story (Like Deus Ex)
77. More Half-Life sub storys.

Theres more but i cant think of them right now.

Raziel-Jcd said:
74. Unreal 3 or better gfx.
75. Very long 30 hours. (Hl2 was long enough but i always wanted games to be insanely long)
76. Even more complex story (Like Deus Ex)
77. More Half-Life sub storys.

Theres more but i cant think of them right now.

Like Deus ex you don't mean branching, do you? (I hope not)

Other than that, I do hope its longer. Much longer.

Samon said:
Like Deus ex you don't mean branching, do you? (I hope not)

Other than that, I do hope its longer. Much longer.
Definitely longer. Better as well. I wasn't convinced with the combat in HL2 for much of the time. It's neither challenging or engrossing to be honest. I thought the combat in Far Cry was much more engaging.

Branching? Not sure what that its. The kind of sub plot I was talking about was more a sort of sub mission. Like in the first game when you get to the missle silo. To progress you had to get past the tentacle thing & killing it became your new mission in life! It was a totally engrossing part of the game & you kind of forgot about the bigger picture & thought only about frying the tentacle thing. The build up to that part was also awesome. the way you could hear it banging on the floor & then running into that scientist who told you, "for God sake kill that thing before it gets any bigger", Before apparently having a heart attack! Classic. There's nothing that comes close to that in HL2 to be honest. Nothing in HL2 was quite as cool as that :D

78. More hidden and secret areas and missions.
79. Use of some supernatural powers, bringing a great difference in gameplay.
80. Time travel
81. Ability to manipulate time (slow down, stop etc.)
82. New alien worlds, with different gravity and athmosphere, having effect in game physics.
83. Even better game physics
84. A Big Breen Comeback (this time it's personal).

85. No stupid alien levels.
86. More house to house fighting.
87. Longer... longer... longer!!! Half Life 2 was entirely too short.
88. That übercombine sniper rifle.
89. More character model variations. All the zombies look the same! And there's only, maybe, 10 citizen models.

Older weapons, maybe a winchester like Father Gregori had
Back to black mesa

czrsink said:
I'd like to see the Cremator, the Crab and Mortar Synths and the Stalkers in action, but I feel most of those will appear in Aftermath.

For Half Life 3, I'd like to see proper squad combat, where you work with 8-10 squad mates and have full scale battles against the Combine. I'd get rid of the headcrabs and zombies (become boring now) and have some more 'synth' aliens to take on, where you need tactics rather than firepower to destroy them...imagine tripping up Striders, or flipping crab synths upside down and shooting the unarmoured spots under their bellies and such like...more per pixel damge...err, shall I go on?

Looks like my dreams may sorta come true...albeit it with Enemy Territory: Quake Wars :)

Regressor said:
78. More hidden and secret areas and missions.
79. Use of some supernatural powers, bringing a great difference in gameplay.
80. Time travel
81. Ability to manipulate time (slow down, stop etc.)
82. New alien worlds, with different gravity and athmosphere, having effect in game physics.
83. Even better game physics
84. A Big Breen Comeback (this time it's personal).

I agree with 82, 83 and 84...they are pretty good but the others are darn awful...time travel? NooO! :p

wtf? Breen died, you SAW him die! how could you explain a comeback like that?!

85.Gman getting involved with combat (hey, if he can control time then he can KICK ARSE!)

Back