1024 vids sizing question

UDHA

Reaction score
Those vids that everybody says are 1024x768 aren't x768, they are 5hundred and something, they are in wide screen, what about the game? will it be in wide screen to? any body think to ask this before?

official size etc posted in attached screen shot

Attachments

• hl2screensizeq.jpg
    hl2screensizeq.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 343
Cool, I hope so, but just odd they would do that, guess wide screen allways looks better

Wasn't the E3 presentation on a large widescreen display?

Originally posted by Snakebyte
Wasn't the E3 presentation on a large widescreen display?

yes, the E3 demo was running at a 13xx*7xx res, making it widescreen.

and the bink videos are 1024x575.

Yeah, they're kinda Widescreen-like too

well i guess we'll know when we get the game but i doubt that the game will be in widescreen and if it is it'll be adjustable as evil said before

Look at all of the screenshots. They arent widescreen.

Originally posted by UDHA
Those vids that everybody says are 1024x768 aren't x768, they are 5hundred and something, they are in wide screen, what about the game? will it be in wide screen to? any body think to ask this before?

official size etc posted in attached screen shot

Ewwww...there's a ton of interlacing artifacts in that screen. Is that what you see when you watch those BINK's full screen?

Mine look as though I'm in-game; no artifacts at all like that. Wierd!

I'm sorry, but what exactly are artifacts in a game? Examples?

PS: If anyone is going to laugh or flame go ahead, but you too, were a newbie once.

of course the game is gonna have multiple resolutions.... it just may have a widescreen mode to take advantage of the wide screen monitors

i think most new games can do just about any resolution up to a certain point. they just list the common ones because we all use monitors with a 4x3 aspect ratio. i remember seeing jedi knight two running at some odd resolution to span across 3 monitors

Originally posted by Yatta
I'm sorry, but what exactly are artifacts in a game? Examples?

PS: If anyone is going to laugh or flame go ahead, but you too, were a newbie once.

It's the horizontal interlacing that can be seen in UDHA's screenshot. Check it out at the link in his post at the beginning of this page. It appears as a bunch of "lines" horizontally.

Cheers,

EnochLight

Re: Re: 1024 vids sizing question

Originally posted by EnochLight
Ewwww...there's a ton of interlacing artifacts in that screen. Is that what you see when you watch those BINK's full screen?

Mine look as though I'm in-game; no artifacts at all like that. Wierd!

Nah, two reasons it's like that, firstly, I was mucking around with that Bink tools that changes all kinds of things, so I was just checking it out, didn't like it much, and it also looks even worse because I needed to compress the image so much, that it lost all most all it's colour.

Back