17 year old gets 10 years in prison for consensual oral sex on 15 year old.

I think parents should stop being such f*cks. They're f*cking retarded if they don;t realize this will only harm their relationship with their kid. I hope their kid never talks to them again and runs away. I know I would.

Also, I'll take a second to say I hate the way the f*cking courts work in this country. Sure, they do some good, but they also take a lot of bullshit cases like this. It's enough to make a man wanna be a lawyer so he can try to put an end to this shit.

Why have the courts seen fit to repress our reproductive cycle?

Do our courts really know what best for us?

Will they ever deactive the repressing field and let us breed again?

I still can't believe this. I think this is where checks and balances really need to step in. I think that the executive branch should just say "No, where not going to put him in jail".

I'm pretty sure there wasn't much "breeding / reproduction" going on in this case.....not even if the girl in question swallows. :cheese:

Wow. I don't understand why any parents would put their own child through all the court procedures in the first place.

If my mum tried that, I'd kill her.

i can't beleive this, he's just a guy like you and me, he'll be 27 when he gets out for doing nothing. this is truly terrible, someone should start a petition for his release.

i actually did exatly the same thing when i was 17, i can't beleive he's getting 10 years for something that minor, he didn't hurt anyone in any way.

At the end of the day... people should just stop breaking the damn law. Doesn't matter about the age difference. If a law's there, just don't ****ing break it, dumbasses.

The way I understood, and used, the law is 18 years old is the time from when you stop doing stuff with the younger. I got away with it, though, because I was having sex with a 17 year old when I was 18, and the parents tried to press charges. Didn't work, it was consensual. From reading it, sounds like they innacted a new law that states 17 is the new 18 here....so yeah...he got screwed over by not knowing the new law.

At the end of the day... people should just stop breaking the damn law. Doesn't matter about the age difference. If a law's there, just don't ****ing break it, dumbasses.

Someone wishes he had a girlfriend.

That is sickening, I would expect some serious uproar over this

Notice "lawl" in the post. This is an indication of me being a moron, rather than serious.

in Canada the age is 14 unless you are a teacher or a coach.

Uh Huh? Are the women in that country of a highly stimulating nature? I doubt it :(

That's disgusting. Any legal system that allows such a miscarriage of justice is a joke.

It just really pisses me off that this kid is ruined for life because he ate a girl out 2 years younger than him, and she was wanting it.

I bet the girl seduced him.

Haha, if it was the other way around, I seriously doubt the girl would have gotten thrown in jail for 10 years...maybe a fine or something. Then again, the parents of the 15 yr old boy would be like "OMFG GJ!"

Well guys, the thread is going to shift a second. I found another link of a more in depth look in the case. Still outragous, have more information....wtf is all I have to say.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/article.php?id=158

*edit* wow, just read 90% of it. Good read. I love the way the story was written. I actually started to tear up..it was horse shit that having sex with a 15 year old *at the age of 17* will only warrent a statutory rape charge, a miseemeanor, but oral sex is aggravated child molestation...a fealony! How the hell?

how the f*** do you get more jail time for p**** licking than for penetrating with you know what?

This case demonstrates the dangers of allowing politicians to set mandatory sentencing rules on judges.

Politicians - politics.

Judges - justice.

This case demonstrates the dangers of allowing politicians to set mandatory sentencing rules on judges.

Politicians - politics.

Judges - justice.

No joke. I think that's just silly....Sure it will make sure people who commited the crime to not get away with too little of time...but people who don't deserve it get TOO much time. --;

The jury filed into the back room where they had deliberated for about five hours earlier that day. It was not until then, says Manigault, that attorney Michael Mann told them that their verdict meant a mandatory 10-year sentence for Genarlow. The room exploded. “People were screaming, crying, beating against the walls,” she recalls. “I just went limp. They had to help me to a chair.”
****ing disgusting...

Oh my god...this is absolutely monstrous!

So a decent kid is bascially ruined because of a mandatory sentencing? That's just great.

Really? Didn't get that impression. It doesn't say he is, although it does say the similar case with whatsisface-Dixon was black.

I'm sure a few may be wondering why it was consentual, but not legal. The age of consent in Georgia is 16 not 18.

This is as ****ing retarded as sentencing a terrorist to a day in jail. It's so ****ing stupid the way some idiots think 'uh, they're breaking the law' when the ****ing law wasn't even proposed for this use. Those ****ing idiots would eat shit if there was a law like that.

This is as ****ing retarded as sentencing a terrorist to a day in jail. It's so ****ing stupid the way some idiots think 'uh, they're breaking the law' when the ****ing law wasn't even proposed for this use. Those ****ing idiots would eat shit if there was a law like that.

That's the spirit!...I wonder if there would be any protesters... \=

*bump*

ATLANTA - A judge on Monday voided a 10-year sentence for a man accused of having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17. He instead gave Genarlow Wilson a 12-month misdemeanor sentence with credit for time already served.

The state is likely to appeal the ruling.

Wilson's original sentence, for aggravated child molestation, was widely criticized on the grounds it was grossly disproportionate to the crime, and state lawmakers later passed a law to close the loophole that led to the 10-year sentence.

Wilson, now 21, has already served more than 27 months. He could remain behind bars while the appeal proceeds.

A jury found the honor student guilty in 2005 of aggravated child molestation for having oral sex with a 15-year-old girl during a 2003 New Year's Eve party involving alcohol and marijuana. Although the sex act was consensual it was illegal under Georgia law.

Wilson was also charged with rape for being one of several male partygoers at the Douglas County hotel to have sex with a 17-year-old girl, but was acquitted. The party was captured on a videotape that was played for the jury.

Several influential people, including former President Jimmy Carter, stepped forward to support Wilson.

Wilson's lawyers could be heard applauding in their office after the order was released.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/ap_on_re_us/teen_sex_case

great justice system we got.....pathetic

Back