19" lcd samsung syncmaster192n for Half-Life 2

A

alan00000

hey i was just woundering if an lcd is going to be better for hl2 because in the japan,china,or korean vid's werever that took place they had lcd's and they mustf prefered lcd's for hl2 what do you guys think.

i have the samsung syncmaster 192n for about 1 month now and i like it allot it evan gives me faster fps i think so if your going to play hl2 and doom3 get a lcd right.

I heard that LCD monitors are not as good as recular monitors.
(im not sure)

Are advertisments now finding their way into forums? Do you work for samsung?

HL2 was just shown on LCD's because they are sleek. They are NOT good for gaming. There are a few LCD monitors that can handle games, but most suck at it.

Imrahil

Got a Samsung 191t 25ms and it aint bad for gaming but really CRT is best for gaming. You can find nice big LCD's for gaming with good response time but they are pretty expensive.

aslkdfj

i bought a pretty nice CRT monitor when i bought my comp earlier this year ... but found it didnt fit on my desk - which was a drag ... so i had to buy an LCD ... which is cool cause i dont really know any better ... ;)

LCD monitors are considered not good for gaming because they have a lower refresh rate than CRT monitors, and suffer from 'ghosting'.

The reason they use LCDs at those shows is because they're light, they can be huge and not take up much space, whereas the rear of a CRT monitor expands with the screen size. Also yeah, they look better.

Those lcd's probably had a response time of 16ms which is prefered for gaming and reduces the ghosting effect.

Its difficult to spot a cheap but really good tft/lcd (whatever) monitor with a low response time and good brightness/gamma but it can be done. Just use as many computer sites as you can and check on reviews.

Just because a monitor has a low response time, 16ms for example, does not mean it won't ghost. The difference between the rise and fall of the pixel is also pretty important. For instance, if one 16ms LCD's pixel rise is 10ms and 6ms fall, it will ghost more than another 16ms LCD with 8ms rise and 8ms fall. Moral: the closer the rise-to-fall ratio is to 1:1, the less ghosting you will see. That is why there are several LCDs whose response time is 25ms that display less ghosting than many models of 16ms response time.

I'm not saying 16ms = 25ms for gaming quality, as in most cases 16ms LCDs will perform better, but it's one more thing to pay attention to if you are going to upgrade.

There is no LCD right now that i would recomend for gamming because of motion blur

There isn't an lcd out right now that has the refresh rate of a CRT

Your best bet is to get a 20" flat screen CRT if your main use for it is going to be gamming

I use an LCD, and I notice no difference from my ol' CRT.

lmao at TS :D

because the show at south korea they used LCD instead of CRT then LCD must be better? Yeah dude and you get higher FPS when you use LCD for HL2 whwahaha lolzors :p

sharp said:
lmao at TS :D

because the show at south korea they used LCD instead of CRT then LCD must be better? Yeah dude and you get higher FPS when you use LCD for HL2 whwahaha lolzors :p

Why wouldn't it be better?
Everything bar the excuse of ghosting makes a lcd screen better than a crt.

i.e weighs less, consums less power, less heat, brightness and gamma levels...

You'd have to pay real money to get this but it would be worth it tbh.

Back