1yr delay possible

Shockwave

Reaction score
Vivendi Speculations this morning,

1/3 of the code was stolen, will delay half life 2 by 4 months.

Latest news. Playable game which means probably all of the code has been stolen.

3 x 4 = 12 months:(

And don't forget that programmers usually grossly underestimate how long it will take to complete a section of code. I know I do...

Nothing official but according to the 1/3 numbers from this morning and estimated time of delay, now you have 3 1/3s which = 12 months.

IMO valve should say screw it and just release the game now and fix the source via patches over the next couple years.

Cheaters have never bothered me, i like the challenge.

Considering it took valve 4yrs to make the engine and 1 year to build the actuall game it is even scarier

VALVE KNOWS THEY CANT RELEASE THE GAME A YEAR FROM NOW, THE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE OBSOLETE AND SALES HORRIBLE - ITS COMING OUT HOLIDAYS 2003, UNTIL A OFFICIAL STATEMENT IS MADE SHUT THE F*CK UP ABOUT THE RELEASE

Originally posted by damptraktor
no more code stolen. binaries stolen.

to have a full version of the game(which people who have it are saying it is) you need the full code.

Originally posted by Shockwave
Vivendi Speculations this morning,

1/3 of the code was stolen, will delay half life 2 by 4 months.

Latest news. Playable game which means probably all of the code has been stolen.

3 x 4 = 12 months:(

Umm, no.

Holiday release, plus 4 months = April. Which VU has stated will be the latest HL2 would be released. Valve has the power to release it whenever they want.

ROFL !!!!!!!!!!
If it will be a year valve better get start working on Half life 3 because of that stupid hacker :D
LOOOOL

:p

Originally posted by bate18
VALVE KNOWS THEY CANT RELEASE THE GAME A YEAR FROM NOW, THE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE OBSOLETE AND SALES HORRIBLE - ITS COMING OUT HOLIDAYS 2003, UNTIL A OFFICIAL STATEMENT IS MADE SHUT THE F*CK UP ABOUT THE RELEASE

Are you the PR for valve?..I dont recall seeing your name on the site.

Obsolete in a year??...You have no clue what your talking about do you? Do you think all these games out today are on spanking new engines?..i think not valve PR guy.

Re: Re: 1yr delay possible

Originally posted by Sn7
Umm, no.

Holiday release, plus 4 months = April. Which VU has stated will be the latest HL2 would be released. Valve has the power to release it whenever they want.

Yes the latest on the news they had at the time..which was only a 1/3 of the code was stolen

such comments really distress and piss me off, knowing that they are true makes even more pissed, but anyways as a personal issue i never acquired a problem with cheaters (more challenge). but when cheaters go into denial .... thats just another story..

./sent0in :flame:

I don't think Valve will rewrite the entire source code, probably just the security part of it. As for cheating, I've played my fair share of CS and DoD, and I have seen cheaters, yes, but I have NEVER seen one ruin a game. Cheating isn't as rampant as some people say it is.

VALVE KNOWS THEY CANT RELEASE THE GAME A YEAR FROM NOW, THE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE OBSOLETE AND SALES HORRIBLE.

True true.

Originally posted by Shockwave
Nothing official but according to the 1/3 numbers from this morning and estimated time of delay, now you have 3 1/3s which = 12 months.

IMO valve should say screw it and just release the game now and fix the source via patches over the next couple years.

Cheaters have never bothered me, i like the challenge.

rock on brother..rock on

Back