2 Hammer Problems...

Spam

Reaction score
The first is on my laptop...

When i open sdk and click on hammer Editor nothing happens. So i tried going into the directory and open hammer from there. I get this ugly message...

laptop_sdk.bmp

So i cannot make maps.

And On my PC...

Hammer works fine, but, when i try to run HL2 or HL2 DM it gets to the loading screen and shuts down the program instantly, i get this message...

pc_sdk1.bmp

I press OK then it displays 3 different video settings and comes up with this...

pc_sdk2.bmp

The only problem is that my graphics cards version of direct x is 9.0c.

I even tried changing the graphics card for another one. It worked! But when i restarted my pc i got the same messages again.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IS WRONG PLEASE,PLEASE HELP ME

what do you mean by compuetr specs?

i know my laptop should definately run it because it has worked before.

For the first error, did you try reinstalling the sdk?

For the second, did you ever try forcing the game to start with a new size? like adding the -width and -height arguments?

Dunno if that would cause you to get errors. Just a thought.

first error yes i did try and install sdk again, but no luck...

And the second i have never changed the screen size

Install your drivers and it'll work. Windows Updates. If they can't find your drivers (wich I doubt) then you should have a CD with your laptop. Install. There you go.

which drivers i am confused. Also i have a vaio so the files from the cd are somewhere on my laptop

Video card drivers. If its an ATI or Nvidia based card then go to the website for whoever made the card and get the latest drivers there. You may want to make a restore point before installing them though, if the installer doesn't do it for you.

Like I said with Windows update you won't have to bother finding the right drivers it will detect them automatically.

I wouldn't trust that for the video card drivers though. Last time I did that, something bad happened and my display stopped working when I booted up normally. So I had to go into safe (with networking), get the drivers from the site, and install them.

I had the second problem when I first installed HL2. I had to actually roll back my video drivers to even get into the game. Mine came up with some error about the screen size I was trying to run, but say run anyway and you should be fine. Or the windows updates proposed above.

I had the video problem last night, installed the new cats and it ran fine.

here is the result guys...

MY laptop is fixed... i just formatted the HDD .lol

My Pc is still f****d iand i cant format it cause it has loads of improtant stuff on it. Installing new drivers worked until pc was restarted. DOnt think it will ever work.

Back