2 problems. please help.

Dodo

Tank
Reaction score
My sdk works ok, but my studio compiler is still saying something about a ID, "Extra App ID set to 211. but no SteamAppId" what is it ? :frown:

And the water in one of my maps isnt visible, you can hear it when you jump in, but the texture isnt there. im using the normal texture they tell you to use in the water tutorial. please help.

-dodo

for the new SDK ? when is it coming ?

-dodo

Dodo, firstly you need to use the beta sdk instead, if that doesn't work, go to the half-life 2 folder and find GameInfo.txt. On about the 12th line, change ToolsAppId to AppId. It wil give you a dll error but you can carry on anyway.

For the water, you have a leak in your map. This means there is a hole in your skybox or whatever brushes are encasing your map, which must not be there. To locate this go to 'Tools' (i think) then to 'Load Pointfile'.

Hope that fixes everything :D

I had the same problem, just get the beta SDK and it should be OK.

Sprite is correct. The water issue is caused by a leak. To locate it, first compile the map. You don't have to run it, so if you wish, click Don't run map after compile or whatever it says. Then load the pointfile. It will then put a red line on your map visible in both 2d and 3d views. It will start outside your map and show you the path through the leak to the nearest (not always the nearest) entity within your map. You must then seal this hole. Repeat this process until you map is sealed by world brushes (brushes that are NOT tied to brush entities such as func_detail). NOTE: Displacements do NOT seal leaks as well as water.

p.s im not using the beta and i havnt had any problems compiling models.

thanks everyone, the sdk is working correctly, and i am using the -beta sdk.
as for the leak in the map, ill find it. but thanks again for helping :D

-dodo

Back