2067 - modification looking for concept artist

Garfield_

Reaction score
Im the leader of 2067 - a team-based multiplayer modification for Half life 2.

The game is set on Mars, year 2067 and two teams having their own bases, are trying to capture the others base and defend their own. The Game-Type is much like Capture The Flag, but there is no flag, instead one or more team mates has to stay in the enemy base, at a specific spot for few minutes to win the round. We are also planning to have other game types, such as Death-Match and Team Death Match.

We are in need of few concept artists, that can do replaceable concepts for our player classes. We are also looking for interested people to work with us on this modification. Our website is still under construction aswell as our forum, but it will be up here as soon as its done.

Our team now consists of two modelers, two mappers and one sound fx guy being able to do all sounds and some music.

If you are interested in joining us, please contact me on [email protected] you may also contact me through MSN with the same mail adress.

This is the sniper concept that ive made, as you can see it isnt much. That is why we need you ;)
Sniper_concept.jpg

Here is some of our ingame models.

Axe_knife_finalrender.jpg

Combat_knife_finalrender.jpg

LMG.jpg

ASR.jpg

LTM.jpg

EXP.jpg

game play updates ;)

Gameplay:

2067 is a futuristic warfare mod for Half-life 2, where players have a role as a team member in one of the two existing teams.
The war is set on all possible warzones like earth, mars and other planets. Two teams are doing what ever it takes to activate three fuel generators set on different places on the maps. To win you need to have all three generators activated for the longest time. The game-speed will be much likely Quake but still have a more realistic damage-system.

Gamemodes:

There are 3 different gamemodes in 2067, each mode differs from the other. Some will require teamplay others will need you to cover your own ass.

- Activation

- Team Death Match

- Death Match

Activation: The main game mode in 2067, players will have to team up and activate three generators. To get scores your team needs to hold all generators active for the longest time.

Team Death Match: Here you need to kill as many enemies as you can to get scores the team with most kills wins.

Death Match: This is the standard DM, you will be alone and this time all living things are your enemies.

Our forums are now up and can be found on http://2067.hellquist.org , website is still under construction

TACK2.jpg

TRPM.jpg

Thats all cool and all, but who wants to sit around in an enemies base... Id rather be running around...

Thats just one flaw I found. I didnt bother reading the rest cause Im lazy. :)

Btw I really dont see the point in inculding TDM and DM modes. But heck, its your mod! ;)

Oh and theres nothing wrong with your sniper concept. It looks good! :angel:

hehe the gameplay and gamemodes are not yet final, we are working on it to get it as much interesting and fun as possible. The thing with the sniper concept is that i cant draw the side view of it =)

TDM and DM would be necessary, all people dont like running around activating generators... so we thought it would be cool to have those gamemodes.

Nice Man, Good Luck With Your Mod. Nice Weapons Btw.

Models are solid, good. This mod could actually turn out to something. And it's good that your not looking for a coder, they are hard to come by. I'd join as a concept artist if I could draw anything else than stick figures.

we are not looking for any coder yet, its a hell to get anyone that can do stuff. but we will find one when we need one =).
For now we are modeling characters, weapon models and our mapper is working hard. Our sound / musican is working with some themes too, he joined us from Acclaim studios, which is no more :/

we are all honest, hard working men trying to make a good mod :D (something wich i belive we are able to do :)). will be fun :afro:
(me iz charactermodeller)

Do you have any sample work from your character modeller ... I could be interested but I want to see some samples :).

Illustrator: www.gallon.se

gallon said:
Do you have any sample work from your character modeller ... I could be interested but I want to see some samples :).

Illustrator: www.gallon.se

Do you have any email so we could send you our samples ?

ok, here it is :) remember that its a work in progress :p im currently working on changing the hands etc.. but you dont really need to know :)
heavytrooper.jpg

note to self. hookai: i got some critics: he has no neck. the head needs to be like an egg. the froggoogles have to be smaller and not so far out on the side the helm, longer down

im gonna fix asap :) and also: if you wanne give critics, im going to take it into consideration :D

Tynan said:
I believe it's "Grenade" not "Granade".

haha thats right =) just checked, i need to fix that its not a big deal hehe..

a musician from acclaim studios.. i envy you :p

(me being a music composer, i am obligated to look up on actual hired musicians.. until i hear their work. only then i will criticize.)

Stamp said:
a musician from acclaim studios.. i envy you :p

(me being a music composer, i am obligated to look up on actual hired musicians.. until i hear their work. only then i will criticize.)

we envy ourselves too :) and what did you meen about that last sentence? :p hieh :p my english is sometimes somewhat limited :)

so many axes to chose from, so many texture to go with, but in the end you try and make it as close looking as the one we made (the default texture of the Muela Axe is black btw, but you seem to copyed the wrong axe from us ... ohwell... )
Off Limits Axe:
pres-rogues-muela.jpg

your axe:
Axe_knife_finalrender.jpg

anyway, not much to do about it, good luck with the mod, you will need it

haha, whine whine. I have not copied your axe and that axe wont be used in our game as ive told you, instead there will be a pipe or something and please dont bother come and say that ive "stolen" something from you that is not even copyright protected.

And btw, it doesnt even have to be any Muela, ive seen Fiskars that has the same blade but a black plastic handle

and now we have a coder. i think he would appreciate company if anyones interested :) anyone? :D :afro:

It is serious; and he did copy it no doubt about that; we kinda have a history with him. Another great stunt of you zrkn, keep it up :)

And as a matter of fact; it is copyright protected. I don't know what laws apply in your country, but here copyright pretty much applies on anything you create.

But tbh I don't really care, just as long as you don't make a habit out of it. Hf, gl and all that.

Keats
Off Limits crew

keats said:
It is serious; and he did copy it no doubt about that; we kinda have a history with him. Another great stunt of you zrkn, keep it up :)

And as a matter of fact; it is copyright protected. I don't know what laws apply in your country, but here copyright pretty much applies on anything you create.

But tbh I don't really care, just as long as you don't make a habit out of it. Hf, gl and all that.

Keats
Off Limits crew

hahahahah... insane :p well. were not going to use it anyways.

And by the way, as i belive i said: We now have a coder, wich will code most of our stuff (if not all). Now, we would love for an animator to just jump down from the skies and into my email account :p e i v i n d . d a h l @ g m a i l . c o m (remove the white space.. i dont want any spambots to sniff it)

COPY ? do you know what that word means ? COPY is an exact same thing as the original object in this case the axe. My axe is not exactly like yours, it has an blade almost the same, its handle is not the same just same shapes, it has also 3 bolts as yours.

hahahha.. it did not really even look the same :p its a wooden axe... yaye.. hahahhaha.. it has a handle \o/ -shit!! (and omg the bolts! we should have thought of that, and glued it together instead!)

theres not many ways to build an axeblade. hahah.. damn: i know what do do! gaffer tape! but lets not get to fixed on that. its not a plagiat, the end. not even being used for the mod.

now lets not try to get this thread shut.

Back