24: Season 7 Spoiler Discussion

Yeah Sutherland is contracted for another season, I would say they should make that the final season. But I hear they want to do a film, so they will probably do one more season and finish the franchise with a film, how they would do it is beyond me.

As for the season? Its not the best, but it is still extremely entertaining, and Agent Walker is by far the hottest female (yes imo enough to rival Elisha Cuthbert) to appear on the show, so on in all, I love watching it.

Wait, what? How is this good? Sure, it's entertaining enough, in a mind-numbingly mundane way, but you know, it's far from the best 24 has been (and that is not much of a benchmark). Maybe Miss Walker should just take her clothes off or something, and then I might propel myself into your exosphere of thought.

That's an opinion yes?

It's different for everyone Samon. Don't like it, go away. But, um, according to all the reviews and forums I've been to, while Season 5 is generally still respected as being the best season of 24 produced, Season 7 is coming pretty damn close!

That's an opinion yes?

It's different for everyone Samon. Don't like it, go away. But, um, according to all the reviews and forums I've been to, while Season 5 is generally still respected as being the best season of 24 produced, Season 7 is coming pretty damn close!

It is an opinion of sorts, but just because it may be negative does not mean I can't post it. What is more, popular opinion and critic reviews mean nothing. It's been a few episodes since a fairly garbage assault on the White House, and though in the realm of 24 they have been fairly solid it's so very far from enough evidence to warrant it the superflous title of 'Best Season ever'.

On the contrary, popular opinion does mean something. Because it's popular opinion that keeps television shows, games, etc going.

Yes, that's right, popular opinion produces a constant stream of inane, trivial garbage for the most part and is far from a benchmark for quality.

I still consider this to be the best season of 24 ever.
Season 1 sucked, Season 2 sucked, Season 3 sucked, Season 4 was excellent, Season 5 was alright, Season 6 sucked, and now here we are.

Season 1 was mediocre. Season 2 was mediocre. Season 3 sucked. Season 4 was garbage. Season 5 was good. Season 6 sucked. And now here we are: back to mediocre. You might be getting 4 and 5 mixed up, Lucid. 4 was a perpetual stream of ridiculous terrorist plots; 5 was the Logan Administration. You know, 5 was really only actually good because of Gregory Itzin, the very talented fellow who played Charles Logan. Too talented for 24, if I dare say so.

Oh yeah.
Didn't Season 4 have that annoying Muslim family in the beginning or something and then end with the guy from The Mummy?

It was okay, had decent action scenes in it.
I never understood how the show got past Season 1, tbh.

Kim Bauer made Seasons 1 - 3 completely unwatchable... ****ing dumb bitch kept getting herself in shitty situations that resulted in the show being focused on her rescue. :|

Woah didn't see that twist coming in the latest episode :O

Why is this topic dead? :(

Who knows.

Tonight's episode was, without a doubt for me, one of the top five best episodes of 24 ever!

It's episodes like these that focus on characters and tension/drama that become epic wins.

Who knows.

Tonight's episode was, without a doubt for me, one of the top five best episodes of 24 ever!

It's episodes like these that focus on characters and tension/drama that become epic wins.

Yep i have to agree that this weeks episode was the best i've seen in about 6 seasons!

Especially the bit with Kim Bauer which is probably Eliza Cuthbert's best 24 performance

Yep i have to agree that this weeks episode was the best i've seen in about 6 seasons!

Especially the bit with Kim Bauer which is probably Eliza Cuthbert's best 24 performance

I hope she never returns. :frown:
Also, lol...best performance? she said like 3 sentences.
Mostly "DADDY I WUV U!!!1 ;( "
I wtf'ed when Tony went bad again and killed Larry, Jesus Christ.

Bugger me for reading the spoilers :D

Friggin annoying that we are a week behind on Sky1 here in the UK compared to you in the US :mad:

It seems you guys are like one episode ahead of me here on Sky 1 :(

A fairly moderate episode, peppered with a few nice scenes (Jack’s reunion with Kim, for instance), ruined by an abysmal ending geared toward the usual 24 shock value garbage entertainment. There was no sense of purpose to Tony’s betrayal here – not even a modicum of it. It is pure end of the Season twist nonsense that 24 is oh-so-famous for, destabilising all character development that came before it for the sake of keeping the bubblegum chewing audience on the edge of their seat. There’s still a canister left? Gee, what a mind-blowing surprise. You can practically mirror it with the closure of Season 5, wherein Bierko, despite his stockpile being destroyed, had managed to preserve a canister of nerve gas. It is a pretty embarrassing development really, ridiculed further by Tony’s betrayal.

But for me, the highlight of the episode was Jonas Hodges’ turn in the White House. This was pure gold. Jonas Hodges’ plan ultimately boiled down to him blackmailing the President of the United States in order to secure his company a place in the Government, so that they might effectively manage the United States military. If she refused, he would launch his bio-weapon stocked missiles and kill thousands. This was his endgame – this is what it all boiled down to. He even had a little document for them to read. Were we supposed to consider this anything but laughable? Because I know I laughed. Loudly, hysterically, and obnoxiously, I laughed, because that’s what 24’s prime villain and his concoction of a plan meant to me.

As we know however, he was arrested once his missiles were taken out, and I was dismayed to think that this might mean the end of Jonas Hodges’ superbly wonderful hilarity, which I have come to enjoy episode after episode. But although it may not be his end, I would not be too deflated – he managed to go out on an outrageously brilliant high. When President Taylor told him she would make sure he ‘paid for his crimes’, Hodges’ face deteriorated into repulsion, and he lashed out at Madam President with all the vigour we have come to expect from this timeless clown.

I think we should record these moments, for future prosperity.

Hodges-furious-arrested.jpg

Let's not jump to conclusions yet huh about whether there was purpose or not. According to Jon Casser himself, the explanation is fitting and is yet to come and it makes perfect sense. Bloke even came on the official 24 forums and spoke about these 'concerns' you've illustrated. Carlos Bernard himself states that thye always planned for him to 'go dark' again.

So...we'll wait and see if he's right. Ok Samon? Or...are you just going to keep jumping the gun?

And what's this about completely out of character? God almighty Samon, you really haven't been watching the same show have you? Either that or your arrogance is getting in the way of clear-minded thinking. :p

I've known there's something up with him since Episode 7.

So, quite simply, Samon ole' chap, I'm saying you have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Let's not jump to conclusions yet huh about whether there was purpose or not. According to Jon Casser himself, the explanation is fitting and is yet to come and it makes perfect sense. Bloke even came on the official 24 forums and spoke about these 'concerns' you've illustrated. Carlos Bernard himself states that thye always planned for him to 'go dark' again.

So...we'll wait and see if he's right. Ok Samon? Or...are you just going to keep jumping the gun?

And what's this about completely out of character? God almighty Samon, you really haven't been watching the same show have you? Either that or your arrogance is getting in the way of clear-minded thinking. :p

I've known there's something up with him since Episode 7.

So, quite simply, Samon ole' chap, I'm saying you have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Well, you deviated between two extremes here -- you first addressed that there were concerns, and that others shared them, so much so that one of the producers and the actor portraying the character had to clear the air regarding this turn of events. For your second diatribe, you changed your tone entirely, accusing me of having not comprehended the show in sufficient a manner as yourself. I believe this to be a poor turn of events in regard to the character of Tony, regardless of the explanation. They have produced end-of-season twists before, for exactly the same purpose as I previously described, and still managed to gloss it over with some flimsy explanation.

That the case may be different here is irrelevant -- it is still a monumental stretch.

Jonas is probably going to be transported in the back of a SWAT van and then 300 of his supporters will bust him out on the way to prison and he'll live to be imprisoned/killed another day.

Samon what you described is pretty much every 24 episode ever made. Is it cheesy? yes. But people like me still watch for some reason, I think I said before since I made it all the way to season 7 why stop now? You either love it or hate it.

Heh Larry was asking for it tbh. ;)

Also I concur with Samon. For a supposed military man, Jonas had a surprisingly dumb (and foolhardy) plan at the end of the day. The only power he would wield is whilst he had the WMDs primed and ready, and that was never ever going to hold out for ever. As soon as he stood down he'd of been a dead man walking.

Also WTF with Tony? That he managed to steal a canister could only ever have been the resultant of an opportunistic gamble at the end of the day given up till now no one knew what the F was happening. Tonys probably looking at a full pardon and honours for what he's done..so why throw that all in to become the FBIs most wanted?

Tony's angry and bitter, no matter what he's done previously during the day. He still wants revenge on the government for his wife's death. That's what it's all about.

In any case...haha...I don't believe we've seen Jonas's masterplan yet. This is a red herring, especially if you go buy the press releases for upcoming episodes and certain spoilers that have been released. ;0

Tony's angry and bitter, no matter what he's done previously during the day. He still wants revenge on the government for his wife's death. That's what it's all about.

I'm pretty sure none of the people presently in power were behind his wifes death. But if he's after revenge wouldn't he be better of tracking down the odd individual here and there and administering a bit of Sayid justice instead?

Pretty sure that's what he's aiming for overall. I think he's after Logan, who I'm sure we'll be seeing again before the end of the season.

Pretty sure that's what he's aiming for overall. I think he's after Logan, who I'm sure we'll be seeing again before the end of the season.

It's probably a lot less hassle to use a gun than steal a cannister of Bio warfare surely though?

Really, I think it's just best to reserve all judgements until we've seen this play out.

In any case...haha...I don't believe we've seen Jonas's masterplan yet. This is a red herring, especially if you go buy the press releases for upcoming episodes and certain spoilers that have been released. ;0

I'm guessing Tony is still good after all. He wants to find all the canisters that are left. Theres always a second twist to the equation. if I'm wrong though Tony will be dead by Jack's hands

The "You just couldnt keep your nose out of things" line from Tony has to be the cheesiest line in 24 history for me!

****ing hell, they're already putting the DVDs out.
Tomorrow apparently.

I wish other TV shows would get their shit on DVD that fast.

Disappointing ending to this season though... very anti-climatic.

Yeah it was a bit anti-climatic it seemed like 10-15 minutes were cut out at the end (a la halo 2 ending) o_O

Wow what a weird ending. I hope they have like a movie or episode out this summer to fill the gap. And there was barely any action in the end too! total meh for me

When it comes to 24, it sure is.
Plus, they should just ****ing let Jack die already.

Yeah considering how long it was taking I was expecting him to die and actually if they did kill him off I would congratulate the writers for actually doing something that daring but no they had to go with the bloody treatment in the last 20 seconds of the show.

This entire season was a total waste of my 24 hours. But I'll probably be stupid enough to waste 24 in a couple years when season 8 comes out.

Back