24min video

A

antibass

hi guys,

does anybody know,at the beginning of the video after hl² logo rotating
there is a close up from th g-man, is this real time rendering or a videosequenz.

thank u and don´t mind me about me worse english

yeah its realtime, and check out the neat visual effects, with all the crossfading and saturation, im glad the engine supports that kind of post render stuff, real usefull for cutscenes.

Yeah, the g-man looks sweet. I almost wish they would put my face in source, I guess it would look better then in real life :p

one thing that i enjoy very much in hl2 is that the npcs are all different from each other... i guess...hehe
its not like doom when you see the same monsters with the same faces...well i guess a strider is all the same, but a zombie that came from the body of a dead person isnt..

Andrix said:
one thing that i enjoy very much in hl2 is that the npcs are all different from each other... i guess...hehe
its not like doom when you see the same monsters with the same faces...well i guess a strider is all the same, but a zombie that came from the body of a dead person isnt..
I think alot of your allies (those that don't have any names and are just kinda following you) will have the same facial attributes. Probably not in abundance, but I don't believe each one is unique.

Jadewolf5675 said:
I think alot of your allies (those that don't have any names and are just kinda following you) will have the same facial attributes. Probably not in abundance, but I don't believe each one is unique.

As far as i understand it there will be anywhere from 10 - 30 default faces , and there facial muscle constraints , and color tones will be generated randomly to give each one a slightly unique appearance.

Interesting Lobster, so I guess I can look forward to seeing more dynamic faces in Half-Life 2. Even if it means making another guy with a constipated "Max Payne" face to make them look different. :LOL:

Lobster said:
As far as i understand it there will be anywhere from 10 - 30 default faces , and there facial muscle constraints , and color tones will be generated randomly to give each one a slightly unique appearance.

random color tones? link to source info? never heard that before, heh.

Xtasy00 said:

I remember hearing it too. It's in the VALVe Info Thread, IIRC.

Lobster said:
Ah, never heard that, I stand corrected

Xtasy00 said:

Its alot like the deathmatch skins in Half-Life 1, certain areas of the skin could be tweaked in color using the slider bar, its a similar idea that the textures on hair and stuff can be tweaked up and down a scale based on a random number.

Its just a nice feature to get away from the clone barney army in HL1.

I doubt every in-game NPC will be as detailed as the G-Man showcased on the video is. I suspect that for the purpose of the video they used the higher poly version of the G-Man, just take a look at the close up detailing we get to see of his eye!

Valve have already stated that they ALREADY have a HD pack for HL2 that they will release when the time is right.

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Valve have already stated that they ALREADY have a HD pack for HL2 that they will release when the time is right.

WOW....are you serious?

A HD pack is'nt that suprising, i meen they're gonna have created the game models from higher definition models, so i expect they're the ones that they meen (and will be released later).

yeah when those students went to valve they said they were working on high def models for post release, probbally cause the modellers at valve dont have much to do at the moment, but the headcrab looked nice and hairy.

Mr.Magnetichead said:
yeah!! oh, and is this HD pack gonna work on HL:Source as well??

I think the correct answer would be that it's a videosequence of a real-time rendering ;)

Back