27 Wii launch titles!

Ren.182

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152817

Theres the list of launch games, probably old news but it's the first time i've seen all of the launch titles in one list.
The article also states that the Wii has more launch titles that either of the other next-gen consoles. The Xbox 360 had 18 launch titles, 11 of which were sports titles! The PS3 currently has 15 confirmed launch titles.
Also there is 151 Wii games that are in developement right now. I think thats great, the console isn't even out yet and already theres a lot of games in developement for it. Granted some may not see the light of day for whatever reason.

From the list i will be getting Zelda for sure. I'd like a shooter to go along with it and i think that will be Red Steel and i'll get Far Cry and Metroid Prime later if they're any good. A driving game would be nice too, but I think I'll wait for Mario Kart or something.

What games are you guys looking forward to?

I simply can't wait for the new Metroid, and hope like hell controlling it with the wiimote works well.

I visited MP again last week - the sense of solitude, of being completely alone and exploring a place entirely alien yet very believable, blows me away every time. The haunting music, the visuals - you can almost hear echoes from the eons of history gone by as you explore the ruins. More a first person adventure game than a fps, this is probably the most immersive game i've played. Blah blah blah, I could go on all day :)

So, high hopes for the wii version! If this new control method lives up to expectations it should improve on the combat (which, while never a big part of MP, was a little clunky) and place the player in the game more than ever before. That would be dangerously good :cheers:

That is one of the most impressive launch lineups I've ever seen. They have zelda, metroid, final fantasy, red steel, far cry. Holy shit.

Yay for Metroid, Zelda, Far Cry (wtf I had no idea that was coming out for wii), and Call of Duty 3. I'll get Red Steel too if the reviews are good.

Nice line up.

Anyone know if Nintendo is going to introduce any online multiplay in the wii?

Yes, they are. Then again, they said that about GCN too, and we got, what, two online games?

Nice line up.

A few games, like Super Smash Bros: Brawl, have already been announced as online games.
edit: theres also the whole Virtual Console, and always-online Connect 24.

Games I want on that list:

Elebits Konami
Excite Truck Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Nintendo
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Nintendo
Red Steel Ubisoft
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Sega
Trauma Center: Second Opinion Atlus
Wii Sports Nintendo

Games I'm interested in, but not sure about:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft
Call of Duty 3 Activision
Far Cry Ubisoft
GT Pro Series Ubisoft
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers Square Enix
Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft

My poor wallet....

These are what I want:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Excite Truck
Far Cry
GT Pro Series
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Need for Speed: Carbon
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Wii Sports

Just so I get a nice rounded use for the Wiimote. Usually I never buy racing games for consoles or the PC, as I don't have a wheel (really needed), but with the Wiimote I want to try out the driving sims for the first time.
Also flight sims are now useful to me, because of the controller. It's really going to broaden my horizons.

Damn Nintendo. Their console is really cheap, but they get you on the amount of games you're going to be buying! DAMN THINE QUALITY, NINTENDO! DAMN THEEE!! :E

Yeah, it's a really nice lineup for a launch.
I think i'll get Wii Sports too if it's cheap, looks like it could be fun also :)

Yeah, it's a really nice lineup for a launch.
I think i'll get Wii Sports too if it's cheap, looks like it could be fun also :)

I think they will probably bundle it with every console.

That would be awesome. I'd love Nintendo if they did that :)

Well, it goes well with the "make it easy for non-gamers", saves them the confusion of buying the console, taking it home, and finding out that they need to buy a game as well.

Yeah, but Nintendo isn't exactly all about making good choices for the current generation.

They made some bad choices with the GameCube, but many great choices with the Wii.

Wii Vs PS3 is very similar to that of the DS Vs PSP (which DS is winning)

I couldn't disagree with you more. It's Xbox 360 Vs. PS3, plus Wii. They've marketed it as something you can buy alongside the new console behemoths, which is very clever. Heck, even MS and Sony have been saying this.

I couldn't disagree with you more. It's Xbox 360 Vs. PS3, plus Wii. They've marketed it as something you can buy alongside the new console behemoths, which is very clever. Heck, even MS and Sony have been saying this.

Perhaps I didn't word it correctly, but I meant that the differences between Wii and PS3 is similar to the differences between DS and PSP.

The PSP seems to be getting sold more as a PMD (Portable Media Device), like the PS3 is being marketed as a multimedia device, and not a games console.

On the other hand the DS(lite) is sold solely as a games console, with a unique way of playing games, which was designed to make it easier for non-gamers to play, just like the Wii.

They made some bad choices with the GameCube, but many great choices with the Wii.

I don't see how you are disagreeing with him. The DS is selling more units than the PSP. They are in the same market but different audiences like different products. So even though the Wii is trying to distance themselves in one direction and the PS3 and Xbox360 are going a different direction, they are still in the same market. So why not talk about Wii VS PS3 market share, volume or whatever else?

btw I agree with what you are both saying.

Perhaps I didn't word it correctly, but I meant that the differences between Wii and PS3 is similar to the differences between DS and PSP.

The PSP seems to be getting sold more as a PMD (Portable Media Device), like the PS3 is being marketed as a multimedia device, and not a games console.

On the other hand the DS(lite) is sold solely as a games console, with a unique way of playing games, which was designed to make it easier for non-gamers to play, just like the Wii.
Oh right, I misunderstood you. Yeah, I agree with that.

Yes, what a fine launch lineup--easily the best of the last generation or two. PS2/Xbox/360 launch lineups have sucked the big one. PS3 lineup looks weak too, but hopefully they'll have at least one really strong title to make things interesting.

Yes, they are. Then again, they said that about GCN too, and we got, what, two online games?

They never said GCN would have online support. Heck, they even went against it saying Nintendo felt it's users did not want online play. This time around, they believe differently, and it's showing with the online support the DS is getting.

On topic- Nice launch lineup. I cannot wait for Zelda, I have been waiting for this game for awhile now.

I simply can't wait for the new Metroid, and hope like hell controlling it with the wiimote works well.

I visited MP again last week - the sense of solitude, of being completely alone and exploring a place entirely alien yet very believable, blows me away every time. The haunting music, the visuals - you can almost hear echoes from the eons of history gone by as you explore the ruins. More a first person adventure game than a fps, this is probably the most immersive game i've played. Blah blah blah, I could go on all day :)

So, high hopes for the wii version! If this new control method lives up to expectations it should improve on the combat (which, while never a big part of MP, was a little clunky) and place the player in the game more than ever before. That would be dangerously good :cheers:

QFT!

I'm playing through Echoes at the moment, just got up to the end (god this last boss is a bitch...and I bet the real sting is when I find it has multiple forms and another boss to follow, again with more forms :().

Definitely buying Zelda and Metroid right off the bat. Possibly Red Steel afterwards depending on reviews and possibly Madden to play with friends.

They never said GCN would have online support. Heck, they even went against it saying Nintendo felt it's users did not want online play. This time around, they believe differently, and it's showing with the online support the DS is getting.

On topic- Nice launch lineup. I cannot wait for Zelda, I have been waiting for this game for awhile now.
Yeahh, that's why the Cube has a slot for a proprietry modem/broadband attachment. No Internet there. They were touting it all throughout the buildup, and release of the console.

Nintendo stated many times that their focus with the GC would be soley on offline play - prefering to cater for 4 friends in the same room rather than the faceless experience found online (something which I was in favour of). The slot for the modem was pretty much an afterthought.

They're taking a very different approach with the wii, and have been promoting its online functionality from the get go.

Aww shitdamn yeah, looks awesome :D

About the internet support, wasn't it going to be continuously online? So when you turned it off, it'd just go into standby mode, and any updates or anything would be downloaded and ready when you started it back up.

this list is useless without Mario Galaxies. =P
I knew something was missing! Well, I'm sure we'll find something to tide us over >.>

Yeahh, that's why the Cube has a slot for a proprietry modem/broadband attachment. No Internet there. They were touting it all throughout the buildup, and release of the console.

They never said online would be a main feature of the GameCube, they just said it was available.

The modem attachment is usable in the Phantasy Star Online games, as well as 16-player LAN Mario Kart (with 4 GameCubes/4 Boradband Attachments/4 copies of Mario Kart:DD!!/Network Router/Network cables).

I want to say one thing in honor of Nintendo.

The world would not be what it is today, without Nintendo. If there was no Nintendo, there would be no war, no famine, no poor people. Im just jk

Nintendo better do a good job lol, they really pushed it with the GC and not releasing games. But this should be redemption and make up for falling behind the other consoles.

Nintendo owns either way. Without Nintendo, I would argue that X-Box and Playstation wouldn't exist.

I don't much care for your usual run of the mill console games on the Wii. I've got a 360 for those.

All I want for my Wii is some great fun social games like sword fighting, tennis, golf, pong, and something musical. You get the idea.

All the more reasons to buy a Wii :D

Back