3 new high quality CS:S Screenshots

Remember that this is only a port to the Source engine. There will probably be quite a few high-res graphics packs and such so don't worry.

I dont see anything wrong with the pics except for the T thats crouching ... he look like he sucked a few too much [insert word here] before starting a new round. :\

I don't care as long as it looks better than CS

Um, this isint Counter-Strike 2 guys. So stop expecting it. It will however be the same great cs we know and love with slightly better graphics and the infinatley cool havok physics.

Bah, they don't look like anything that couldn't be accomplished in 1.6. As a rabid CS player I'm saddened to say that I'm not at all impressed.

hype.db said:
Bah, they don't look like anything that couldn't be accomplished in 1.6. As a rabid CS player I'm saddened to say that I'm not at all impressed.

what? couldnt be accopmlished in 1.6? You mean brand new models, textures, shading, physics, shadows, etc.? You expect that in one quick patch? Your retarded.

hype.db said:

Yep. Ragdoll, shaders, stencil shadows, physics, 10x larger maps, much higher res textures, etc. etc.. could ALL be accomplished with EASE on the HL engine! [/sarcasm]

Have they said that they're actually making new maps that take advantage of Source's increased map size (or at least it's capability to run larger maps), or are they doing pretty much straight ports (obviously touching up the visuals etc)? Even if it were the latter, would uber if they kept the basic layout of the map, enlarged it and/or added more paths to objectives.

The Terminator said:
what? couldnt be accopmlished in 1.6? You mean brand new models, textures, shading, physics, shadows, etc.? You expect that in one quick patch? Your retarded.

Shuzer said:
Yep. Ragdoll, shaders, stencil shadows, physics, 10x larger maps, much higher res textures, etc. etc.. could ALL be accomplished with EASE on the HL engine! [/sarcasm]

You both seem to be forgetting that this topic is about the screens, and that my comments were directed towards them alone, not CS:S. I do realize that these screens (read: sub-par screens) do not imply that CS:S will not play as poor as these look. We've all seen evidence of its quality from the E3 2k4 video, as well as the newly released clip from that European mag.
*Now, referring to the screens.. just as this topic implies*
The models: I've seen far better skinned models in 1.5 than those currently chosen for CS:S.
The textures: They don't look like anything someone couldn't or hasn't already done for 1.6. Maybe I'm expecting too much.
Shaders/Physics: Obviously I wasn't implying that the HL engine can support the shaders and the physics that Source can.
10x larger maps: Again, we're talking about the screens. Yes, Source supports maps of that size. None of the screens display that characteristic. Moot point.
Bottom line is: These screens don't present anything that shouldn't look better (physics, shaders) that is leaps and bounds ahead of 1.6, which is exactly what I said.

This board is about voicing opinions. If you disagree, that's fine. However, unfounded and, to put it bluntly, immature attacks towards me because of my opinions are not allowed. Perhaps it isn't I that is handicapped.

i have to say i agreee with hype.db... the screens themselves dont look that much better than some normal CS screens and are nothing close to the caliber of HL2 screenshots

hype.db said:
This board is about voicing opinions. If you disagree, that's fine. However, unfounded and, to put it bluntly, immature attacks towards me because of my opinions are not allowed. Perhaps it isn't I that is handicapped.

Hah. I didn't attack you, so don't point fingers at me :)
Fair enough. I'm just tired of everyone being all "VALVe makes crap looking games!"

Shuzer said:
Hah. I didn't attack you, so don't point fingers at me :)
Fair enough. I'm just tired of everyone being all "VALVe makes crap looking games!"
I know you aren't the trolling type :p And yes, I'm tired of the same.

Now lets all get together and make sweet sweet love......*stares blankly across the room* ooops did i say that out loud?! :p

Back