300 watt psu

S

Sigoo

I'm looking for a quality 300watt power supply for less then $40. Is it possible to get one that cheap?

I looked it up on pricewatch but i didnt think the ones listed were any good.

Originally posted by Sigoo
I'm looking for a quality 300watt power supply for less then $40. Is it possible to get one that cheap?

I looked it up on pricewatch but i didnt think the ones listed were any good.
What type of computer do you have? Cause you'll most likely want more than 300W... My mobo malfunctioned on a 300W (not high quality though), it shut down the lan while running (which was damn annoying, once I had to restart the computer (and pull the plug and wait 5 secs) like 10 times). Doesnt do it on the 360W...
The first 300W above is btw only recommended for up to 1.8ghz computers.

Re: Re: 300 watt psu

Originally posted by dawdler
What type of computer do you have? Cause you'll most likely want more than 300W... My mobo malfunctioned on a 300W (not high quality though), it shut down the lan while running (which was damn annoying, once I had to restart the computer (and pull the plug and wait 5 secs) like 10 times). Doesnt do it on the 360W...
The first 300W above is btw only recommended for up to 1.8ghz computers.

I only have a 1.5Ghz P4 so that wont be a problem i think.

I also have 512rdram, and should have 9600pro.
and a HDD,DVD,CD-RW and some motherboard.

id go for a 350 just to be safe.
you will want to look at the rails
the 12v should be at least 15A ect.
try to get an enermax 365, or something similar.
dont go cheap on PSUs it will come back and hurt you later on

Don't go "low budget" on a PSU, it's one of the most important pieces of hardware in your comptuer. Always try to get a good quality brand and the highest wattage you can afford.

compusa has antec 400watt smartpower on sale till the 7th for $50..EXTREMLEY GREAT DEAL

Originally posted by Shockwave
compusa has antec 400watt smartpower on sale till the 7th for $50..EXTREMLEY GREAT DEAL

Nice. The Truepower is better, but you can't beat that price...Both my cases and PSU's are Antec. No problems, ever.

Don't go "low budget" on a PSU, it's one of the most important pieces of hardware in your comptuer. Always try to get a good quality brand and the highest wattage you can afford.
this is so true
do not skimp
The rating(300watt) on a PSU is combination of rails. Which are different voltages for your PC. Also some PSU dont even work at full rating.
Go for name brands.
Read This Article

I would go with antec.Great quality psu's.Also try to go for something higher like 400w to 500w.So just in case you upgrade your pc more you will need more voltage.

Are there any other good brands that sell a 300 watt psu for $30. If i spend any more i wont have money for HL2.

Um...it seems as if you are buying a PSU for HL2?. If your system runs fine right now then you dont need one.

I sell you my old 300watt (15amps on the +12) for $35 shipped.

Originally posted by Shockwave
Um...it seems as if you are buying a PSU for HL2?. If your system runs fine right now then you dont need one.

I sell you my old 300watt (15amps on the +12) for $35 shipped.

I need it for my new video card.

Coolio, im getting it for a mATX case that comes with a weak 250W el cheapo one.

allied...gasp
sketchy
they also make Deer brand PSUs
Ive hear lot of problems with em. Especially if u are goin to use close to the max watts for that psu.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1841&p=19
thats the 400watt Allied...they say it only can handle 350.
donno how a 300watt psu is then have to check and add up the rails.

I only need 320watts. Ill upgrade it when i get the money for it.

just be carful ;)
when these things go they can take other parts with them...
motherboard...cpu...

Back