3200+ 90nm check out my result!

Nex321

Reaction score
Remember this was done on air. Thermalright XP-120 with Delta 190 CFM 120mm fan on Neo2 Platinum mobo.

I have reached my goal and its stable too, I don't need to say at what clock I got it to, just check out the picture I've taken ;)

http://medlem.spray.se/athlons/32.JPG

:D

how can you stand that noise? those delta fans are like 60 decibels loud...

in the meanwhile, nice overclock. i will be getting an xp-90 and a vantec stealth fan soon and hope to make 2.2-2.4 ghz on my a64 2800+.

WaryWolf said:
how can you stand that noise? those delta fans are like 60 decibels loud...

in the meanwhile, nice overclock. i will be getting an xp-90 and a vantec stealth fan soon and hope to make 2.2-2.4 ghz on my a64 2800+.

You get used to the sound ;)

But I'm sure the only one that I know of that made that far on air :p

nice OC nex. show us some benchmarks, your cpu should be right up there with an Fx-55 if not faster.

very nice job. How long did prime95 run? or did you cut it off?

poseyjmac said:
nice OC nex. show us some benchmarks, your cpu should be right up there with an Fx-55 if not faster.

Assuming he's in 1:1, it's faster.

That's slick. :thumbs:

If you use a smaller fan (80mm) it might actually cool it better (if it was similar CFM) because all of the pressure would be directly over the core and not hitting the sides of the heatsink.

Of course that would actually be louder with that kind of CFM...

whats the temp geeez if thats not even getting over 50c then i'm getting jealos.

congrats....!!!!!!!!!!!

but, comeon, you can't call that "air".... that's cheating! :p

nice but that fan... i couldnt stand it! I have a 130nm 3500+ overclocked to 2.6ghz on air with an xp90 and 2000rpm 92mm fan. It stays around 50c when under load and if I try to overclock any more it just isnt stable. This tells you that its not the temps but the 130nm process thats holding me back. I garuntee you'll be able to hit the same MHz on a quieter fan.

if you have a spacious closet or bathroom nearby, you can always get extension cords and put your loud case somewhere else with the door closed. works well

damn,
man that is really good.. but you don't have anyhting on the pc... lol, that will be affected once the programs are put in ;) processes become much larger and harder on it which prodcues more heat :) but good luck with it... 2.8ghz! my 3200+ is only running at 2.0ghz :( which still kicks ass though LD
oldfaq

you can format clean and run prime95 straight off the bat and get your CPU hotter than it will ever be. normal windows wear and tear is nothing on it compared to a stress test like prime95.

Back