3D Modeller looking for WORK!

IchI

Reaction score
Hey, I am looking for a dedicated modification with something different. I do not wish to work on any Modern Warfare or World War '?' mods. No offense to any of them, but I just don't think they will cut it in future generations of mods; there is a reason why we don't play space invaders anymore.

Anyway, I have been using 3dsmax 5 and 6 for over 1 year and have mainly been working in the weapons department. I can do weapons but I would much rather push in character development. I have recently started to work with zBrush and other applications for bump mapping and normal mapping, but at this current stage I am not of use in normal mapping departments.

Infact, here is my work. It's easier:

If you wish to ask me any questions please post in this topic. If you wish to advertise for your modification and offer me a job please include your mod name, information and detail what my job would be.

Contact me on MSN if you wish but I really need to get people to stop adding me too there MSN because I have a list of over 100 people I don't even know

[email protected]

NOTE: I have been mapping for hl1 for over 4 years but have nothing to show, I am also currently learning to draw.

MSN is broken if anyone has been trying to talk to me on it. Sorry, its typical Microsoft.

Ok, that's what I thaugt. We shall put things on hold. Let me know when you get back on-line please.

Hey Ichi. I may have the perfect project for you :p

I am an amateur filmmaker working on an internet pilot for a show. The initial pilot will be produced using the Half-Life 2 engine and released free on the net.
This would be an extremely exciting project for any 3d artist looking for something a little different to work on. I have already completed a script with storyboard, and an outline of the first Season, a number of sketches, and a website is in the works.
The story centers around a number of characters caught up in a futuristic civil war, and is a kind of mix of Starcraft, Dune, and Band of Brothers.

I'm looking for 3d modelers, animators, texture artists, and map-makers. You would be expected to do plently of character models, faces, futuristic armour, vehicles, ect. I have sketches for all these things, but you would be free to use your own artistic liscence and to have some fun :p.

You can contact me at [email protected] or MSN the same adress.

hey IchI the hereafter mod team is looking for a player modeler and with the subjects you posted i can see that you have some real skill if you would like to join please email me at [email protected] also i will be sending you and email.

email sent, do yourself a favor and join up with a project that has work / street cred

( the addy you posted was your addy, right?)
:)

dassbaba said:
email sent, do yourself a favor and join up with a project that has work / street cred

( the addy you posted was your addy, right?)
:)

Don't worry I am planning too, I have had an offer from a games company in america, well. An amatur company working for free making presentations to try get somewhere.

So far I have 3 I am intrestd in, thats Onions and two people from GameDev.net.

Thanks for all your replys. and show of intrest.

I am the team leader of a mod called Dark Vengeance. we do not have a website as of yet, because we do not belive in making a website with nothing to show on it :) but do not that that put you off, we are VERY serious about this mod.

i have personally made quite a few bits of concept art that weve been looking for someone to make the models out of, and i think your work looks fantasic. overall for the mod you would only need to make about 5 player models, 1 vehicle model and about 10/15 weapons models (all concepted already.)

i'll contact you tonight on MSN to ask if youre interested, and show you some of the concept art if you wish.

Im currently trying to start a mod currently called 'The seccond comming' Which I reckon might be right up your street Ichi.

Its based around the matrix universe but set in the 'real world', based around the battles of zion and earth against the machines. Theyl be lots of different units to model like squiddies and armoured infantry (read:mech like things) to 'hovercraft'.

Ive got a full design doc somewhere if you want it (and I can recover it from my old hard drive). If your interested please contact me at [email protected]

Hey, if you have sent an email already and have not recieved a reply it may be because I'm not intrested. I am taking a lot of emails atm because of recruitment and its hard to answer everyone. I have some people on hold and some people with me on hold. I am still looking but I must say I have 2 very very promising and creative teams which I wish to join. It may be hard to make a choice. I am still open though, so keep it coming.

NOTE: I will notify everyone by this thread when the position is closed.

Oxygenetic said:
Wow, everyone wants you. Don't you feel special IchI?

In a way yes. But at the end its about joining a TEAM! of people, not joining me.

I'm not against modern warfare games, but I just don't see the point in doing something thats already been done.

Its like a guy before on this post said he is making a Matrix Universe.... well yes that would be good. But wouldn;t it be better to make something with the same setting but with your own concepts and ideas, rather than saying ok well that looks kewl.

Its the same with games, how many god dam games have an army person with camo clothes. OMFG its beyond a joke how boring its getting. Its not like "omfg that sas guy looks kewl" its "OMFG, its just another SAS guy.... great....."

Thats why you get good reactions from the striders and other hl2 models because they are pritty much original concepts.

Anyway back to topic. I might have a job with an american games developer already in pre alpha of there own games engine. It hasn't been clarified yet. But I may be taken, thanks to everyone who has advertised and taken there time to email me.

I have some people on hold I may get back too, they know who they are.

Thanks again.

Thanks for all your imput and intrest in my work. This thread is now closed as I have obtained a job. Thanks to everyone again.

The job has opened again. I joined an amatur american games development team but after a hard strugle we came to the conclussion that it would be very difficult for me to fit in with a maya based organisation. This leaves me open again and semi-free.

Let the applicants begin.

If I were you Ichi, I'd take Hereafter! Wooo!

You have to be joking, the link don't even work....
BTW, 6 3 , I have some promo stuff I'd like you to check, I will contact you in a couple of days.

Adrien C said:
You have to be joking, the link don't even work....
BTW, 6 3 , I have some promo stuff I'd like you to check, I will contact you in a couple of days.

the link doesent work because i put a space in it **** isent aloud on these forums.im getting a .com as soon as i can im looking for a cheap domian and host:)

Adrien C said:
Hey again, I'll give a shot one more time.
Please visit: http://www.e-force.co.uk/recruiting/index.php

I found your promo and read your info, but imo It seems well...

This mod aims for realism, teamplay ethics and brand new gameplay never before seen.

But yet all you have done in your design is take ideas from other mods/games and stick them together. I havn't seen 1 original idea in your concept.

As for your promo work, excelent player model. But I don't get how it ties in with your mod when its war based... the weapon models needs some work as well.

Good luck with your mod.

Humm, the modb site, we left it a long time ago, very old, I wasen't talking about this one.... Your call anyway.

I'll have to say, I love situations like this, we shall talk in a year again...

Adrien C said:
Humm, the modb site, we left it a long time ago, very old, I wasen't talking about this one.... Your call anyway.

I'll have to say, I love situations like this, we shall talk in a year again...

hehehe ok :p good luck again.

armanguy said:
what kind of mod fits you?lol

There is no CERTAIN mod, it just has to be good to me, intrest and inspire me.

Hey IchI, I was just wondering if you had a chance to read the PM i sent.

Mailman said:
Hey IchI, I was just wondering if you had a chance to read the PM i sent.

ye, I'm not intrested sorry. I really should have replyed to you, sorry to keep you waiting.

Im doing a fighting mod. diff types of fighters vs each other. Not gonna bother to pm you since your looking for that certian project. So if you pm me or find me then 'great'

why don't you just focus on improving your own portfolio rather than doing this? it doesnt seem to be getting you very far,,,

you could wait a few months until after HL2 is out and see what mods are really doing good, until then it's all specualtion time you could have better spent improving yourself

well hereafter mod team is always looking for a modeler our doors are open to you:)

armanguy said:
well hereafter mod team is always looking for a modeler our doors are open to you:)

You've said that like 6 times Mr. Burnaby!

You seemed to like my mod idea (Warzone) fairly well if I recall correctly. Interested in doing some work for us?

Do you have relatives on Packard in Coquitlam?

Back