50 different enemies?

I was spending my day reading yet-unread HL2 previews as usual, and came across the one from Computer and Video Games, which does in fact confirm that there "will be over 50 enemies".

It has a lot of other info not found in other previews (not even IGN, although I think they saw the same presentation). For example it says that Gordon starts a prison uprising. Interesting. :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com

Originally posted by THUGENSTE1N
who cares how many enemies there are

ooh ooh! I know this one...

let me guess!

not Thugenste1n???

oh, but obviously there are a lot of people who do care...hmmmmmm

So, no one answered my question. Was this confirmed by valve?

Originally posted by trantjd
ooh ooh! I know this one...

let me guess!

not Thugenste1n???

oh, but obviously there are a lot of people who do care...hmmmmmm

You dont know figure of speech. or perhaps you choose not to, friend.

Originally posted by THUGENSTE1N
You dont know figure of speech. or perhaps you choose not to, friend.

um...sarcasm!

What's the point of a post just to say that you don't care about a topic that a lot of other people are obviously interested in...just curious.

Originally posted by trantjd
um...sarcasm!

What's the point of a post just to say that you don't care about a topic that a lot of other people are obviously interested in...just curious.

Well you tell me whats the point of a post just to say what you think about some letters and symbols floating on a screen in a game preview footage?

troll.jpg

What if they count each instance as a different enemy, (in a room with three combine soliders there would be three different enemies). In that case there would certainly be 'over 50 enemies'

Seriously, if HL1 had 23 enemies HL2 could easily have 50. What I'd really like to see in a game are enemies that are continuosly variable between a few key types, producing an almost infinite selection, at least in terms of appearance.

Originally posted by derby
What if they count each instance as a different enemy, (in a room with three combine soliders there would be three different enemies). In that case there would certainly be 'over 50 enemies'

In that case there would be over 200 enemies just in the first chapter.

Back