600W psu

DEATHMASTER

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817171008
I'm thinking about getting this power supply because my current one is at its limit. I also plan to add more things in the future so I want my psu to be ready. I read from this review http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/2268/43/1/5/
That this is a good psu, I just want some of ya'llz opinions on this product as I read from other people that they dont like coolermaster very much. I hope to get the 7950gx2 and I hope this psu can handle the job.

90$ for a 600watt PSU...that sounds a little too good of a deal considering most quality 500watt PSU are $90-130.
Wonder what kind of "quality" parts they put in it. It's just Cooler Master isn't known for their PSU. They are known for their Cases and fans though.

I'd recommend something like an Enermax 600watt instead.
I saw Tom's hardware had a review with this Enermax model here.
A different model but they do have a Cooler Master 550watt psu here and they say it doesn't live up to it's name (or watts).

actually it's going for $60 with rebate on newegg and my local compusa store.

DEATHMASTER said:
actually it's going for $60 with rebate on newegg and my local compusa store.
That's a good price. You may want to pick it up. Just don't expect to max it out.

Yeah thats what the reviews from some of the neweggers say, expect something more around 500w, which I think is plenty.

DEATHMASTER said:
Doesn't it say Xion?
Does Xion have a reputation? Did you know of their name before you saw the powersupply? =p

I don't recognize any psu names, I'm not very familiar with any :Z, except antec

Bah, I'm just gonna wait for an antec TPII to come on sale, better safe than sorry.

Asus said:
Unknown brand. Bad idea. lol

Yup, but even some cheap PSU's can be good. But if you're planning to buy an 7950GX2 you'll need to be on the safe side and probably have to spend some money on a good PSU ;)

Garfield_ said:
Yup, but even some cheap PSU's can be good.
Yeah that is true. Though you don't want to play minesweeper when picking a powersupply especially when you can find out what PSUs have a reliable history.

Back