6600 gt self install

alexius

Reaction score
i have now final decided on geting the XFX GEFORCE 6600GT AGP 128MB DDR3 TV+DUAL DVI. now i what to see if i can install myself i was expecting just to open my computer up and then plug it in and put a cd in to do the rest. i am probally wrong please tell me what to expect. or shall i arange a visit with pc world

i have also read something about a pci express interface version, and that it is more simpler to install

well :( ?

You can only get PCI-Express if your motherboard has a PCI-Express slot, which I'm guessing it doesn't. What is your motherboard, most likely it has an AGP slot and that's why you need to get the one you linked, the AGP one.

The card is built with a PCi-Express to AGP bridge on it, If that is what he is talking about.

To answer your question, yeah it pretty much is what you said. But if you are still skeptical, take a look at this : http://compreviews.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/DIYAGP.htm

That should pretty much be it. It might be a little trickier if it is an HP or Dell or somthing. I remember with my old HP, I had to get the power supply out of the way because it was right over the slot. But for the most part, the PC manual tells you how to move stuff like that out of the way and tells you all you need to know to get to your AGP slot.

I was a bit surprised myself when I found out how easy it is to install the graphics card :smoking:

Back