6800 gt 0r x800pro

G

Gajdycz

i can go out an buy one, which should i get , i have 3 hours to decide

the gt is a bfg oc model with 156 gddr3

the x800 has 256 ddr, i dont know if its a vivo, is there any way i can see if it is by looking at the box?

Get which ever one you can. ;)

Yes, Vivo is a video capture feature that should be mentioned on the box.

Get the GT, it has more pipelines and will be faster in most games and tests.

Gajdycz said:
the gt is a bfg oc model with 156 gddr3

the x800 has 256 ddr, i dont know if its a vivo, is there any way i can see if it is by looking at the box?

what the? :LOL: Both the GT and the x800 pro have 256mb GDDR3...

From what I've seen, you should go for the 6800 GT. Doesn't matter that much though, but I'm going fer the 6800 GT!

I would get 6800 GT because its faster in most games and it can easily be overclocked to ultra speeds. And its got more pipelines and It performs well compared to the x800 pro in half life 2.

the GT will not be as fast as an Ultra at Ultra timings, sorry blackeye. It doesnt have as many pipelines, 4 are disabled.

The Terminator said:
the GT will not be as fast as an Ultra at Ultra timings, sorry blackeye. It doesnt have as many pipelines, 4 are disabled.

6800 nu has 12 pipes but gt has 16 pipes

You must be thinking of the x800 pro because the 6800 gt does have 16 pipes.

GT > Pro

I'm not going through why again, since I've only explained it at least 30 times online already, so, in short, buy the GT, it's better than the x800 Pro. That's that.

Malfunction said:
GT > Pro

I'm not going through why again, since I've only explained it at least 30 times online already, so, in short, buy the GT, it's better than the x800 Pro. That's that.

It is not as clear cut as that, but I don't want to it explain again. After all, I have explained it at least 30 times online already. ;)

It wasnt in stock, damnit, ran out 5 min before i got there.

any one know where i can pick up a x800 in ny?

Gajdycz said:
It wasnt in stock, damnit, ran out 5 min before i got there.

any one know where i can pick up a x800 in ny?

I'd reccomend going witht the GT over the Pro, they're both good cards, but the GT will give you a little more bang for your buck IMO.

Gajdycz said:
yeah, but do u knwo anyting about those cards, like celestia, never heard of it

First of all yes order online and get the GT, it's better than the X800 pro. The name like Celestica you saw is the name of the card's manufacturer. There's ATi and Nvidia, who make the cards, but they each have a bunch of partners who put the cards together. ATi also builds their own cards, so they have 1st party cards, meaning they're built by ATi. Nvidia doesn't make their own, just their partners. Meaning they're "powered by Nvidia." If you're getting a 6800GT, there's really no bad ones. The only difference between different manufacturers is the cooling, PNY and EVGA are good, XFX is good, the Leadtek ones have a big cooler, takes up 2 slots but cools it very well. BFG are also awesome.

i knew that im just asking about teh x800pro vivos on newegg, besides, u can flash the x800 and get a xt, whch beats the 6800ultra

Gajdycz said:
i knew that im just asking about teh x800pro vivos on newegg, besides, u can flash the x800 and get a xt, whch beats the 6800ultra

It's not a surefire thing, flashing a card's bios or softmodding is never a sure thing, and can be dangerous. I would still get the 6800GT, but if you want the X800 pro vivo's do have a good chance of flashing to an XT. It's up to you.

They're both VIVO's so yeah they would be flashable. But at the price of that Powercolor one, you might as well get a real X800XT PE. But that Celestica one is only $415, it's a VIVO, so maybe you can do it. But some VIVO's I think still won't work, and I've never seen someone so far do it with a Celestica. Let's see what someone else says.

I don't know anything about yellow connectors, what are they supposed to do? I doubted the Celestica, go for the Sapphire, they do flash to XT's well. I think the best one was the Gigabyte VIVO X800 pro's, but they're selling right now for the price of an X800XT PE. The Sapphire is good.

Gajdycz said:

Good luck flashing it, you're gonna need it. There's no way in hell I'd flash a 400+ dollar card.

Flashing video cards is not like flashing your motherboard's bios. You can flash a video card and then restore it back to it's original pretty easy.

The worst case, if the file is corrupt and you restart your PC, you would have to dig up a PCI video card to restore your AGP card.

Does anyone here have a X800 PRO?
I've got a GT
11,600 3dmarks. . . 52,000 aquamarks

Clicky on my sig and paste the results here.

Dirk Pitt said:
Does anyone here have a X800 PRO?
I've got a GT
11,600 3dmarks. . . 52,000 aquamarks

Clicky on my sig and paste the results here.

That CPU is really holding you back!

TheHitman5 said:
That CPU is really holding you back!
It isn't a Athlon XP 2000+ but a Athlon XP 2800+ running at 2.1Ghz.

Back