690$.................

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
KUWAIT CITY (AFP) - The one million citizens of Kuwait, where government financial assets have topped 166 billion dollars, are to receive a grant of 200 dinars (690 dollars) each, the government has announced.
ADVERTISEMENT

"In accordance with directives by the emir, the cabinet decided to provide all Kuwaiti citizens with a grant of 200 dinars each," state minister for cabinet affairs Ismail al-Shatti said Sunday after the cabinet weekly meeting.

The two million foreign workers in the oil-rich emirate were not included.

The
OPEC member posted a surplus in each of the past seven fiscal years, totalling more than 50 billion dollars. Kuwait is also headed for record revenues this year.

The government offered a similar grant in October 2004 and raised salaries of citizens by 170 dollars monthly last year. MPs in the outspoken parliament have been pressing for a new hike.

The Gulf Arab state provides a cradle-to-grave welfare system to its citizens who receive most public services at heavily subsidized prices and pay no income tax.

Some 92 percent of Kuwait's 300,000-strong workforce are employed in government jobs, with high wages and minimal work pressure. Yahoo

YEAH BABY

/dances

wish my government would give me money for nothing.. hehe, they do, psyke !

anyway, congrats.. go wild ?

Stop smiling or else they'll take it back... dumb happy citizen:frown: . LOL

Ahh.. damn... I wouldnt mind getting a bit of that action, plz marry me so I can become a kuwait citizen!

So we're paying £1 per litre for petrol, just so these Kuwaiti people can get free money for doing nothing.

Great, just great.

That's nice...

It's similiar to living in alaska for a few years. When you live in alaska for a few years you get a dividend, which depends on how much oil is pumped out of the area.. generally it has amounted anywhere from 700-1200 dollars for each person when I lived there. Once you have lived there for the required years... you get a dividend every year. I'm not sure what it is up to in the past 8 years.

Unfortunately, I never got to see my money... it went to the family... since we were kind of poor. 8 people living in a household, that's a good amount of extra money a year to utilize.

Ahh... here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Permanent_Fund_Dividend

CHRIST, I wish I was there in the years I left! That was up to nearly 2000 ****ing dollars! I could of bought a nice new computer each year! SHIT.

Good for you and the rest of Kuwait's citizens. :thumbs:

Enjoy! What are your plans with the money?!

So new best friend, wanna buy me a present?

Ha ha, thats funny DigiQ8. Wanna send some money over here? I could use $690. :D

Back