7 days= 1 week.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
then ask JohnC why Valve is tortureing their loyal fans. A simple "we are on track" would solve all the chaos...

Originally posted by FriScho
then ask JohnC why Valve is tortureing their loyal fans. A simple "we are on track" would solve all the chaos...

the chaos you're referring to doesn't affect valve, though...it only affects all the impatient people on these forums.
the best reason for a concrete statement would be that there wouldn't be quite as many stupid posts on this forum...

well there would still be many stupid posts, but at least they wouldn't be all saying the same crap about the release date.

Calm down people, it's nothing. Gabe accidentally sat on the main server. Steam will be up again around tomorrow.

@Maskirovka I think you should treat your customers with respect. Not with ignorance. But that's just my idea of end-user-communication.

The servers were NOT down. It was just the page itself they were fixing.

When all of those are up and running........ hey.... wait a minute... a bunch of servers disappeared from the list when I refreshed.

This is a thread about how dumb people could be...

omg do you really think the servers were unplugged inorder to get pre-hl2 files on it? :dork:

most of them are back up now on the status page

^ gabe said that they were planning to release hl2 on steam 1 week before public release. It is now 1 week before sep 30th so it makes sense. However i dont think its uploading now that some servers are up.

Originally posted by hudson
This is a thread about how dumb people could be...

omg do you really think the servers were unplugged inorder to get pre-hl2 files on it? :dork:

Well, that's a little rude. I don't think HL2 is coming next tuesday, but nonetheless who the hell are you to say that they couldn't have been down for that purpose. Oh I forgot you're probably an adolescent male, and they all think they know everything... Oh well, who cares.

All this chaos for nothing? Bah.

Anyway, the thread's served all its use now (what little it had, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back