7800GTX in stock at mwave.com!

tranCendenZ

Reaction score
Next-gen graphics just arrived :)

eVGA 7800GTX VIVO $649

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=AA35630

• 256-bit GeForce 7800 GTX (430MHz clock)
• 256MB 256-bit 1.6ns (8x32) DDR3 Memory
(600MHz clock - 1.2GHz effective)
• PCI Express x16 Compatibility
(PCI Express Compliant)
• Integrated NVIDIA TV Encoder
(HDTV, S-Video, Composite,)
• Integrated NVIDIA VIVO
(S-Video, Composite,)
• Dual DVI-I Connectors
• 38.4 GB per second memory bandwidth

• NVIIDA CineFX™ 4.0 Architecture
• 64-bit texture filtering and blending
• NVIDIA Intellisample™ 4.0 Technology
• NVIDIA UltraShadow™ II Technology
• SLI Multi-GPU Ready

• NVIDIA PureVideo™ Technology
• DVD + HDTV Decode assist
up to 1920x1080p resolution
• Integrated Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
• 1 Dual Link TMDS DVI Connector
• 1 Single Link TMDS DVI Connector
• NVIDIA Digital Vibrance Control™ (DVC) 3.0
• Support for Microsoft© Video Mixer
Renderer (VMR)
• Advanced adaptive de-interlacing

Attachments

• evga.jpg
    evga.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 348
i thought this wasnt supposed to come out for a couple more weeks to come? hmm thats intrsting though

bryanf445 said:
i thought this wasnt supposed to come out for a couple more weeks to come? hmm thats intrsting though

It launches officially on June 21, but apparently retailers already have stock!

Does it come in AGP, or is that out the window now? Wouldn't be surprised :)

I would imagine that at first they will release it only on PCI-E, maybe they will release on agp but i doubt it.

No they are supposed to have AGP versions, this generation is the last time. Can anyone else confirm?

Wonder who will be the first on the forum to have one of these bad boys :p Certainly not me unfortunately :(

I wanna see what kind of performance it offers. I probably won't upgrade my video card until sometime early next year. I currently have an X800 XT PE.

Any bechmarks?

I'm going to get one. I gave ATI a spin with my latest video card (x800XT) and I'm going back to nVidia. I'll probably wait until some other card options come out before getting this particular one. What piques my interest most is the VIVO port - difficult to find on the 6800 cards.

im going to buy the fastest card on the market i can get for approx 350 pounds uk sterling :) so this 650$ card is on the list seeing as its about 330 uk money lawl america owned by exchange rate :p tbh

bosox188 said:
No they are supposed to have AGP versions, this generation is the last time. Can anyone else confirm?

umm if they had an agp version of this card u would have to plug about 4 power connectors into the thing because pci-e offers more power
unless they make it weaker or something

I'm waiting for them to make one with an external, normal, power connecter. Just plug the damn thing into your surge protector, and off you go.

Huh well I thought they were making AGP versions for these cards, the last time.

I'm not extremely impressed with the 3dmark score it got in that xtreme link .what id like to see is some BF2 benchies, HL2 benchies, nd some benchies on some unreal engined games.

satch919 said:
I wanna see what kind of performance it offers. I probably won't upgrade my video card until sometime early next year. I currently have an X800 XT PE.

Any bechmarks?

Upgrade X800 XT PE? Early next year?

Wow. Rich?

gweedodogg69 said:
im gonna get it :D :D :D, well first i wanna see some reviews n such

What? You already have THE top of the line card!

Where did all these rich people come from?

Well gweedo since you wont need your old card...
I'll take it...you know just cuz im so nice :).

Card is sick. Ill wait for the ultras to come out! 512mb!

I wish I was that rich :( Probably wait till the development of the cards slows down alittle, then see whats available.

Well I'm gonna sell my PCI Express 6800 Ultra on ebay, I should get $400 at the lowest for it.

Is peformance really that bad with your 6800U? Stop thinking with your e-penis and think with your head. The gain from the 6800U to the 7800GTX is not worth paying $650 for. It is a very bad decision on your part.

well im gonna wait for some reviews, and if the performance difference is a pretty decent gap I'll get the card. If not, I'll just OC my card more. It is already OCed over the stock speeds of the 7800 GTX

we have them in our inventory system at compusa
one by BFG and one by PNY, they are both PCI-E at $599

If you're really hell bent on upgrading your computer don't sell your 6800U. Just buy another one and put them in SLI.

Holy shit, are there any games that can't be maxed out without >30fps on the current cards?

gulo said:
we have them in our inventory system at compusa
one by BFG and one by PNY, they are both PCI-E at $599

Go get yourself a five-finger-discount Mr. Employee of the month.

sheesh.
i have a 9800 Pro and it almost seems as if its from the stoneage :|

Dr. Freeman said:
sheesh.
i have a 9800 Pro and it almost seems as if its from the stoneage :|

Me Too :( At least I can run CS:S and BF2 at half decent quality smoothly. WHen a new game comes out that I really want and I can't run decently, then I'll upgrade.

Wow only 650 dollars, hmm let me see. It appears I do not have nearly enough *cha-ching* to purchase this here fine card.

From what I read there are different clock speeds on the GTX models and I heard the BFG GTX gets 8500 in 3D Mark 05.

Well, BFG does overclock their cards. Thats why I'm going to choose the BFG one, that, and they also have good costumer support.

Does anyone know the order of cards?

6800 - 6800 GT - 6800 Ultra

Whats the order for 7800? Because i really dont want to get the middle or worse one.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/desktop.html

They dont have it listed on the site yet. I believe they said they will officially announce it today.

Back