8 new vidéos on gamespot

Saw them, earlier today.

The combat looks tasty. I wonder why they didn't use ragdoll physics - the way the bodies were flying in the air was kinda weird.

I haven't finished downloading this one yet but the game is supposed to use ragdoll physics actually. Perhaps it is a way to show the effects of potence.

coolness, thank you!
edit: I like that song in the background in that trailer 4.

lans said:
Saw them, earlier today.

The combat looks tasty. I wonder why they didn't use ragdoll physics - the way the bodies were flying in the air was kinda weird.

i think it is ragdoll physics, just altered a bit.

i.e. in slow motion or something.

The developer interview was real nice, Troika is "honored" to be the first to release a game with the source engine.

i have a lot more faith in the combat system after seeing these videos, very impressive. It seems both competent at 1st and 3rd perspective combat, while the novel idea to switch between both seamlessly depending upon your situation is great news.

Most definetely on my 'to-get' list now.

Ugh, why the heck are there little floating hit point numbers above the character when you hit them?

I would have hoped stuff like that would be left out of a game like this. It just completely ruins the realism for me. If I want something like that I'll play a board game or something. A game on the source engine shouldn't have it in my opinion.

Neutrino said:
Ugh, why the heck are there little floating hit point numbers above the character when you hit them?

I would have hoped stuff like that would be left out of a game like this. It just completely ruins the realism for me. If I want something like that I'll play a board game or something. A game on the source engine shouldn't have it in my opinion.

i agree with you.
seems totally out of place.

Looks great. Glad to see that the city seems quite large and open, thats what I was hoping for.

hey dus any1 hav any better quality versions of these cause i can only stream it and it looks like crap

This game looks to be my personal GOTY easily. I just can't believe they are actually evil enough to release it so close to Halo 2 and Half-Life 2. Three sure-to-be excellent games all within a couple of weeks...jeez.

Neutrino said:

You've got te be kiddin' me, they did WHAT!?

yer just downloaded em myself sum of them look ****in awesome and that movie where that chick is high thats so funny cause it reminds me of the weekend.... yer anyway the hit points do come up and has anyone noticed how crap the AI looks and wtf is with those crouching ppl are they meant to b junkies or sumfin and my god where the hell is the ragdolling that flying body effect is so lame and another thing wats with the mouse/bat lookin thing yer the game looks pretty nice but there are a few annoying things that Troika got lazy with hopefully they will b ironed out b4 it ships

Damn can't download, don't want a spoilers from now on :O .....

Neutrino said:

What the hell does an engine got to do with floating hit points. Thats a developer's design choice.

Ever think you might be able to turn them off in the options lol.

lans said:
What the hell does an engine got to do with floating hit points. Thats a developer's design choice.

Yes, of course.

I meant though that although the game is an RPG it is also a graphically realistic First Person Shooter built on a modern FPS engine. Thus I think such things as random numbers floating above people's heads looks very out of place.

Pressure, I hope so.

Hmm, now I want to play a Ventrue with a fancy suit. And a katana.

What's the type with the blood magic? What all can they do?

You can turn them off in the options, trust me, I know.

Pressure said:

they all have a type of blood magic.

you should watch the 30 minute video, goes over all that stuff and more.

The numbers can be turned off, I quote a forum post:

The floating numbers indicate damage you're doing to them, and they can be turned off.

This answer and lots of other interesting stuff can be found here and here. Those are ongoing discussions by the way.

theGreenBunny said:
The numbers can be turned off, I quote a forum post:

This answer and lots of other interesting stuff can be found here and here. Those are ongoing discussions by the way.

Thanks for the info. :)

Pressure said:

All the clans have indeed disciplines. But clan Tremere has th discipline of Taumathurgy, blood magic. There are a lot of options in the books for blood magic, too much to stuff into a game actually. At least you can do the boil blood trick, which is nice. Further I have no idea, too diverse. The first advantage of that type of blood magic is whenever you can taste a vampires blood, you can guess his clan and generation. But in game that would not be as handy as in the PnP game. :)

Forau said:
All the clans have indeed disciplines. But clan Tremere has th discipline of Taumathurgy, blood magic. There are a lot of options in the books for blood magic, too much to stuff into a game actually. At least you can do the boil blood trick, which is nice. Further I have no idea, too diverse. The first advantage of that type of blood magic is whenever you can taste a vampires blood, you can guess his clan and generation. But in game that would not be as handy as in the PnP game. :)

I saw a picture of people throwing up blood is that also Tremere because I wanna do stuff like that.

In the Sewers video the player speaks of a level 5 Thaumaturgy attack which supposedly is the highest level, which could mean either that there are 5 Thaumaturgy spells or that he upgraded the Thaumaturgy attack to level 5. We know for sure there is at least one other Thaumaturgy attack, which is the 'throwing up blood' thing. It's called Purge. I'll be playing a Tremere, probably.

Sorry I'm not all that familiar with all this stuff. I'll be checking all the vampires out lol.

Raz said:
In the Sewers video the player speaks of a level 5 Thaumaturgy attack which supposedly is the highest level, which could mean either that there are 5 Thaumaturgy spells or that he upgraded the Thaumaturgy attack to level 5. We know for sure there is at least one other Thaumaturgy attack, which is the 'throwing up blood' thing. It's called Purge. I'll be playing a Tremere, probably.

not all disciplines have 5 powers each, for example if i understood correctly. auspex u only have farsight and the more the level the more its powerful but u dont get other powers

in the gamespot gameplay video 8

is that the zulo form ???? its a tzimicse a\bility and they r not one pf the playable races :/

Back