9/11: The Game?!?! WTF?!

She said:
I want a game where you are one of Usama's students... and in the final lesson, you got to fly that aeroplane into WTC..

that should be refreshing for once.

why the hell would you want a game like that? How about a game where you see lots of japs running from the A-bomb..oh wait that game is coming out.

She said:
I want a game where you are one of Usama's students... and in the final lesson, you got to fly that aeroplane into WTC..

that should be refreshing for once.

She you have issues.

This game looks pretty boring right now, it sounds like its just going to be a cheap game that sells on shcok value, besides it will be banned in the usa most likely.

Mr.Awesome said:
The difference is that hookers aren't gonna give much of a crap if they're depicted poorly in vice city. I haven't heard of a bunch of hookers picketing to ban the game yet. Whereas people's lives were completely ruined by the terrorist attacks on 9-11. If it is released, there is sure to be outrage against the game other than it's overly violent.

Peoples lives were ruined by every war depicted in a game, every act of violence that is recreated, and everything bad about this world that is simulated. So really, there is no moral standpoint for you to place your high horse on.

The concept of this game is interesting, but for some reason it sounds to me like it will end up like P.O.W. (More boring that boraing can be)

*By the way, its about escaping from the terrorists, not playing them.

let's hope you can shoot the bastards blocking the stairs ;)

And you guys think games don't encourage violence :rolleyes:

Say that again Bad^Hat and I'll cut you!

Rawr

Ritz said:
Say that again Bad^Hat and I'll cut you!

Rawr

Cut me deep wit yo daggers of love, baby :naughty:

Ow... too deep... my spleen ;(

I hope this game is good and gets published. It sounds fun and is plenty different from the other mindless games around.

Isn't that what Counter Strike is all about? Terrorists vs Counter-terrorists...

If this is 'tasteless' then so is the HL2 mod 'The Promised Land'. Palestinians and Israelis die week in, week out, and it's apparently okay to make a mod on this when innocent civilians are still dying because of terrorists in that region. But wait! Make it an American scenario with innocent civilians dying and no, we can't have that! After all, it's only been 3 years.

mashed said:
If this is 'tasteless' then so is the HL2 mod 'The Promised Land'. Palestinians and Israelis die week in, week out, and it's apparently okay to make a mod on this when innocent civilians are still dying because of terrorists in that region. But wait! Make it an American scenario with innocent civilians dying and no, we can't have that! After all, it's only been 3 years.

Ah yes of course there is always a jackass in the bunch who has to say "but becuase its american...!"

and I have never even heard of "the promise land"

I'm not exactly sure how you could make an entire game out of surviving disasters to be honest, unless it's one of those puzzle game's where you have to find rope's and things in order to climb down damaged elevator shafts.

It'd be like trying to make a game about escaping from a Nazi Death Camp during the Holocaust.

I think it would be more exciting and tasteful if you were one of the fire crew rescuing the victims.

Ah yes of course there is always a jackass in the bunch who has to say "but becuase its american...!"

and I have never even heard of "the promise land"

Pwned.

she; your comment was morally wrong and a complete show of disrespect to the people who died in 9/11.

Norlan said:
Isn't that what Counter Strike is all about? Terrorists vs Counter-terrorists...

well actually its actually mainly CT (sometimes) trying to sto T's from planting a bomb or from them killing hostages

chibizerov4 said:
well actually its actually mainly CT (sometimes) trying to sto T's from planting a bomb or from them killing hostages

Yeah, like joining the Terrorists is discouraged.

Entertainment > Morals :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

Bad^Hat said:
Yeah, like joining the Terrorists is discouraged.

Entertainment > Morals :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:
Can't we all just get along!

outpost233 said:
Can't we all just get along!

Sorry, the CT side is full. If you keep pressing 1 you might make it in if someone leaves.

KidRock

You really must be a kid if that's the best you can come up with.

Here's "The Promised Land": http://promisedland.halflife-2.co.uk/ - based on war and death that is happening right now. Is this any more acceptable than a 9/11 game?

mashed said:
You really must be a kid if that's the best you can come up with.

Here's "The Promised Land": http://promisedland.halflife-2.co.uk/ - based on war and death that is happening right now. Is this any more acceptable than a 9/11 game?

From the promise land website..

" Our objective is to accurately depict combat, as it occurs all over Israel between 'terrorist'
groups, and Israel's Defence Forces."

Doesnt sound like "try to escape a building that was just attacked by terrorists" to me.. or " survive a terrorist attack"

KidRock said:
From the promise land website..

" Our objective is to accurately depict combat, as it occurs all over Israel between 'terrorist'
groups, and Israel's Defence Forces."

Doesnt sound like "try to escape a building that was just attacked by terrorists" to me.. or " survive a terrorist attack"

Yes it does...

Shuzer said:
How exactly can they make it fun? Unless you're an anti-Ameircan terrorist that enjoys flying planes into buildings, that is.
'

I think you're all a bit whimpy regarding this. If done right, it could be alot of fun. It isn't about crashing planes into buildings or making earthquakes, it's about surviving them.

Back