A couple of questions

V

v3x0r

I have been reading this forum for the last month or so to keep up to date on all the HL2 news, but haven't had the chance to ask a few questions. I know I'll prob be :flame: flammed :flame: but its worth a shot..

1) I use to have a vid showing off a early build of the hl2 physics but I lost it.. I remember a part where there were barrels falling through a peg board type setup on the wall.. anyone got a link by chance?

2) I heard that the buggy will have a speed burst feature, will all vehicles share this feature?

3) Team Fortress 2 will be Half-Life 2's multiplayer ?_?

Keep up the great work guys.. :cheers: to the best gaming community!

3. No, TF2 is separate. HL2s' multiplayer to my knowledge is the same as HLs' mp. I would think that they release HL2 and HL: S within the same package.

1. I don't know about the small video of this, but it's in the 600 meg E3 vid from last year.

Sience there is a Multiplayer when u buy the SP and MP I think it will eather be a source version of Half-Life Source or Counter-Strike Source or it might be both or just HL2 multiplayer... noone knows (exept ppl at VALVE)

tf2 is not the multiplayer for half life. the multiplayer for half life, are all the official mods ported over to source ie counter strike, dod, tfc, etc..

as far as the burst of speed, there has not been any videos of any other vehicles other than the buggy, so there is no way to tell for sure.

Sorry Mac, you're wrong. FYI the big video from last week had a long scene where a hovercraft is being driven. Get your facts straight bucko!

v3x0r said:
I have been reading this forum for the last month or so to keep up to date on all the HL2 news, but haven't had the chance to ask a few questions. I know I'll prob be :flame: flammed :flame: but its worth a shot..

1) I use to have a vid showing off a early build of the hl2 physics but I lost it.. I remember a part where there were barrels falling through a peg board type setup on the wall.. anyone got a link by chance?

2) I heard that the buggy will have a speed burst feature, will all vehicles share this feature?

3) Team Fortress 2 will be Half-Life 2's multiplayer ?_?

Keep up the great work guys.. :cheers: to the best gaming community!
1) You can pick that up from www.fileplanet.com it's the Half-Life 2 Video E3 2003

2) If you listen closely to the E3 2004 video, when he's in the hovercraft and goes over the ramp you can hear the engine revving up.

3) All official Half-Life 1 modifications are being ported over. Including Half-Life deathmatch.

since there's questions flying around on this thread I'll add my own.

Does anyone know how much hl2 will cost through steam?

spicoli420 said:
since there's questions flying around on this thread I'll add my own.

Does anyone know how much hl2 will cost through steam?

We dont know for sure yet, Probbally slightly less than the store copy, They may offer a deal for preorders like they did with CS:CZ

If Condition Zero is anything to go buy it'll be about 10% cheaper.

Chris_D said:
2) If you listen closely to the E3 2004 video, when he's in the hovercraft and goes over the ramp you can hear the engine revving up.
Well, engines tend to 'rev up' more when they go from operating in liquid to operating in air. It might not be a speed boost feature at all.

When the buggy scene starts with the roller mines, just as u fade in the buggy is making a very odd noise!

When the buggy scene starts with the roller mines, just as u fade in the buggy is making a very odd noise!

If you're talking about the one with the combines, it's him charging up the gun. If it's the one where it almost falls off the cliff, it could be the boost, but it could also be the roller mines or just a sound it makes when it starts going really fast.

You're talking about a high-pitch squeel-like sound, right?

If you listine you can hear a sound alot like the Nitro boost from NFS:UG

thomashiles said:
Sorry Mac, you're wrong. FYI the big video from last week had a long scene where a hovercraft is being driven. Get your facts straight bucko!

well i was thinking of wheeled vehicles, thats more of a water vehicle.
it might have speed burst tho, didnt notice.

Back