A crushing Combine wall

S

SFG1989

Can someone make me a little guide how to make crushing walls? A crushing wall like you can see at the end of the Nova Prospekt chapter. Don't be too specific, I'm an experienced mapper trying something new;)

Excuse my misspellings, I'm from Iceland:)

you mean those combine blue wall thing, if so i just think its a model

I know it's a model but how do I make it destroy anything that goes in its way?

I thought I answered this question several days ago. Strange...

The rock that falls from the ceiling is most certainly a func_door.

I'm not talking about that! The citadel walls that crush everything that gets in their way!

I think he's talking about when dog seperates the gates for you then you go on alone right next to the citadel wall. This being after you kill 3 or so striders.

Yup! That kind of wall, but just a crushing wall. The ones that you have to run from right before you meet Alyx at Nova Prospekt.

... I was thinking of the beginning of Nova Prospekt, not the end. D'oh.

The big wall is a clever combination of func_movelinears and monster_generics. Logical entities set the monster's animation such that part of the wall steps forward, and movelinears make up parts of the wall that don't have to be pulled up.

You'd have to decompile d2_prison_05 to see for sure how it works.

i believe that you would use func_door and then tie a damage perimiter to the object below it, and have the "door" on top (a pillar, or column, what have you...) slam into it causing enough damage to destroy whatever is below it

How can none of you know about the crushing walls....? Cmon... everyone must have taken one bong hit too many if you don't know what he's talking about.

Afterburn3r said:
i believe that you would use func_door and then tie a damage perimiter to the object below it, and have the "door" on top (a pillar, or column, what have you...) slam into it causing enough damage to destroy whatever is below it

how do u figure func_door will work

you could have a trigger_multiple so when you walk between the doors it crushes you, or you could use a logic_ so it closes like every 3 secs

Back