A different gun for a change, I guess.

Retrocide

Reaction score
I just feel like showing off a model I just finished. Now I know some faces apear missing, mind you, that was intentional. I model it while optimizing it at the same time so in game view only the important faces are there. What do you think of it? (And before you say it is missing detail, I left that for textures.)

G3SAS: http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/2504/g3sasr7ha.jpg

Looks cool. Is this a gun of your own design? I can see mp5 influences (the forward reloading handle and overall silhouette). One thing I can see is that the clip very long and the reloading handle is very short, so it may bring a little disbelief of reality when animated. Also, if you are optimizing for ingame, do you mean ingame from first person view or from all angles as though an NPC had one. If you optimize for first person, could we see a left side shot? On the right side, a lot can go, but almost all could stay on the left, depending on how close it is to the camera.

Looks like a nice low poly machine gun model. Keep up the good work. Update us when you skin it. :)

~Archvilell

It's real size. Belive it or not it is a real gun. And I have had all my references based off a airsoft replica, so for the most part it is pretty accurate to scale. Thanks for comments.

That's one beautiful weapon! Nice modelling, and it would be great if you show your final work with black colour and textures when you're done with it.

Retrocide said:
It's real size. Belive it or not it is a real gun. And I have had all my references based off a airsoft replica, so for the most part it is pretty accurate to scale. Thanks for comments.

Just so you know, TM made the sas up, HK never made it. Saying that, its a beautiful weapon, and the model looks very good, be niced to see it when its skinned :)

Appears I was sadly mistaken, sorry. Now I'm going to go shock my freind with his fake weapon.

There is sure as hell no reason to be sorry mate, I was just letting you know, not critisizing. Its still a beautiful weapon, and you did a beautiful model of it, as I say, can't wait to see it skinned.

Very nice model :) I would like too see wires... How many poly is that?

Back