A discussion: for all the non-flamers.

G

I personally think this game looks phukin amazing...I can't wait for the DoD team to get moddin' right away...a city map on the HL2 map will look gorgeous! The same goes to CS2.

I for one think that the game looks great w/o AA, although FSAA would be nice, I rarely use it because I only have a GeForce2 MX 210, and can only get 20 fps on the HL1 engine. The only difference I see anyway is a little more fuzz with FSAA on, and with it off, a litlle more jaggies...

I hate all you flamers out there that pick out EVERY single little detail or flaw that bugs you and put entire Threads up about somthing as simple as 'slightly' jaggy shadow. I gaurentee you won't notice it much ingame unless your activley looking for it...I'm sure your 'virtual' life is more important than a tinly little shadow problem. And besides, from the video's they've shown us, gameplay seems VERY fast. Looks like that crowbar will be out-n-swingin' everytime you run oit of ammo, because they aint all gunna be dead.

OK, well there ya go. Start posting all of your possitive comments...or just flame me for being an "Anti-flamer." I just think flamin' and picking out flaws in a game like monkey's pick out flies from each other is stupid and annoying... I'd bet you one million dollars that if they released as much authentic video of D3 as they have HL2, you'd be flamin like crazy about every little thing you notice is wrong and say that D3 and HL2 are "unna ****in suck man, this is phukin bs..phukin shadows dont really touch they;re feet....they're ****in a millimeter off man, what bs..."

Stupid, my god.....

Geez, you make it sound like this forum is outta control. It's really not that bad.

Originally posted by Jager
Geez, you make it sound like this forum is outta control. It's really not that bad.

Admitting denial is the first step to rehabilitation! :D j/k

I think hl2 will be awesome no matter when / how / what stuff it has in it (aa, no aa)...

I'm not going play it jus cuase omg teh jaggies are attacking!

I remeber one of my friends was trying Hitman2 and was mad an refused to play it becuase the top of his head had jaggies. I hadent even noticed them until after he said it.

Originally posted by lonefox
Admitting denial is the first step to rehabilitation! :D j/k

I think hl2 will be awesome no matter when / how / what stuff it has in it (aa, no aa)...

I'm not going play it jus cuase omg teh jaggies are attacking!

I remeber one of my friends was trying Hitman2 and was mad an refused to play it becuase the top of his head had jaggies. I hadent even noticed them until after he said it.

OMG, just because the top of his head had jaggies, lol. Anyways, I think H2 will be a great game no matter what. It just has to much potential.

The AA bug has workarounds for BOTH cards.

There something positive for you to chew on.

Cool, well will they have to ship Direct X 9.1 with the game then?

Frankly perfect graphics and engines are all well and good, but how u use them is the key to making good games, from what ive seen valve has created somthing truly amazing with a great immersive feel, and i cant wait to ... immerse myself in its.. imersivenessessed.....

There is nothing wrong with pointing out bugs in videos .. but some people mistake actual game features for bugs and thats when things start to get ugly.

Back